About this listing
Private room in a 2-bedroom apartment in a luxury building between downtown Berkeley and Gourmet Ghetto. The apartment is 3 blocks from Downtown Berkeley Bart and a block from UC Berkeley. Located on Shattuck st and Delaware st. 20 mins from city
We are a married couple in our late 20's living in a 2-bedroom apartment. The room available is our guest room. The apartment has one bathroom.
My husband works in the energy industry, specifically in the finance department and I just graduated with my Master's at Columbia University focused on energy and finance. My husband has lived in the Bay Area for about 10 years, and I recently move to SF.
Private room in a 2-bedroom apartment in a new building between downtown Berkeley and Gourmet Ghetto. The apartment is 3 blocks from BART and a block from the UC Berkeley campus. This apartment is ideal for visiting scholars, travelers, working professionals, UC Berkeley students, short-term contract workers.
• Your fully-furnished bedroom has a full-sized bed, a study table, and a closet.
• Kitchen is fully-equipped with granite counter tops, dishwasher, stainless steel appliances, with stainless steel sink, dishwasher and appliances.
• Furnished living and dining room
• Internet included
• Apartment is in a newly constructed building with, resident study and lounge with free high-speed internet available, a sundeck on the rooftop with panoramic views of the hill, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay.
• On-site laundry care center
• Quiet neighbors
• Community outdoor terraces and shared outdoor space
• Wheelchair accessible
• Located in arguably the best part of Berkeley. It is close to downtown Berkeley where you can shop, go to the theater, 5-minute walk to the UC Berkeley campus, and hop on the BART to visit San Francisco and other parts of the Bay Area.
• Within 6-minute walk to Downtown Berkeley Bart Station. The address is a walker's paradise as daily errands do not require a car.
Highway: I-580 / I-80 - 5 To 15 Minute Drive
• We are located in the Gourmet Ghetto in North Berkeley where you will find delicious food, small independently owned cafes, grocery stores, Triple Rock Brewery, Chez Panisse, yoga studios, boutique shops, yoga studios, and other small shops, as well as the Berkeley Farmer's Market on Thursdays
• Close to shopping and restaurants. The restaurants nearest apartment include Cioccolata Di Vino, Oriental Restaurant, Party Sushi, Corso Trattoria, Cafe Gratitude, Bistro Liaison, Oscar's Hot Dogs and Thai Delight Cuisine.
• Resident lounge with couches and study tables
• Laundry facilities
• Rooftop lounge with dining and seating area
The location is within close proximity to Bart, it is on an active street with many restaurants and stores outside the apartment, groceries within 5 minute walk (Safeway, Andronico's Walgreens), it is a safe neighborhood and my family and I love living in this area.
* No parties, smoking, and drugs in the apartment
* No smoking in the home. An additional $150 cleaning fee is charged if the home smells of smoke when vacated. The fee is used for both re-washing all items in the home, and compensating the next guest for any odor and inconvenience.
* No parties. Please be discreet, respectful, and quiet. The building is quiet and it's residents are a close knit community. Any complaints from neighbors resulting from partying and excessive noise are grounds for cancellation of a booking and any fee penalties from noise complaints will be taken out of the deposit.
* Garbage must be placed in the garbage bins in the basement and should never be accumulated in the home or left in the hallway.
* Please be respectful of the home as if it were your own. Towels/bedding/furnishings that are damaged/stained beyond regular wear and tear will be billed as an incidental item through the deposit.
* Checkout time is 11:00 AM to allow for an apartment cleaning in preparation for the next guest. If you need a later check out time, please let me know and I will make a best effort to accommodate your request.
* Lost keys make it necessary to replace the lock on the door and a fee of $120 will be billed for a replacement. Please leave the keys on the kitchen counter when you depart.
• Please leave the apartment clean and the way it was left when you entered on your first day. If any broken fixtures, please contact the host immediately.
• We are happy to host the space to people who respect the home and treat it as if it were their own
• If there are any problems in the apartment (neighbor’s noise, apartment fixtures that need to be fixed, etc.), please feel free to call host at any time.
I stayed with Issa and Hermann for 3 months. It was awesome! Not only are they friendly, they showed me around the area and treated me out to dinner a couple of times.
Comfortable, clean space in a very convenient location, close to restaurants, transportation and the University. The hosts are warm and helpful, and it's easy to feel relaxed in the apartment. Issa made sure to meet me upon my arrival and assured that my trip to Berkeley worked efficiently.
I only stayed in the room for one night, so didn't get a chance to check out all the amenities - but Issa was such a gracious host, and very welcoming. Although I ended up not taking her up on the offer, Issa was also flexible about my leaving my bags at the apartment, and coming back to pick them up later in the day.
The apartment was very close to the BART and to UC-Berkeley, and their home was beautiful and very clean. I would definitely stay here again.
Thank you for the lovely review, Pamela! We were happy to host you and thank you for staying with us. I've just read your review today and I called AirBnb to see if I can write a review for you on your AirBnb profile, but it seems that my time to leave a positive review for you has expired. I'm sorry that I can't write a positive review for you in return. In any case, hope you loved your visit to Berkeley and hope that you know that you'll have a home with us anytime! : )
La habitación es tal como se describe. La experiencia ha sido muy agradable. Esperanza y su esposo me ayudaron en todo lo necesario para sentirme a gusto en su casa. El barrio donde está situada la habitación ha sido muy conveniente para mí, cerca del campus de la Universidad, de la estación del BART y de supermercados y restaurantes.
I had a great time staying at Issa's over the past couple of days. I actually used to live in the same building so I kind of what to expect, which is that this place is easily the best apartment building in terms of location and comfort in Berkeley. Everything just works!
As for the room, it was exactly as advertised, and I absolutely love the comforter on the bed :) Super comfy!
Finally, Issa and her hubby, Hermann, are great hosts! They kept treating me home-cooked food (which I appreciate) and it was great to see their love for each other.
All in all, a great place to stay. I'll definitely consider coming back here again in the future.
This was a great place to stay while visiting UC Berkeley. Easy walking distance to campus and BART, the apartment is clean and as advertised, and Esperanza and Hermann were super friendly and helpful.
What a perfect place to stay in Berkeley:-)! Beside the ideal location within a few minutes walking distance to the campus and a lot of fantastic restaurants, these hosts are awesome. My wife and I really enjoyed staying with them and could not think of anything they could improve. Esperanza and Hermann are very helpful, open-minded and they even organized a dinner for us with their other guests which were from Austria too. The whole apartment is clean and appears like it is shown on the images. Thanks again for the great time, I hope we see each other again:-)!
This host has 126 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Issa
I travel often and offer my space to guests. I love hosting people and do what I can to make guests feel comfortable in the homes we host guest in. Look forward to hosting you and I hope you feel at home! : )