About this listing
Cozy, quiet, practical and fully equipped. Unique location in a residential neighborhood full of life, close to the seafront and 12 min. from the city center. Ideal for couples, small families and business trips (22@ Business District and CCIB).
Located in the pedestrian Marià Aguiló Passage in the heart of Poblenou, our apartment is on the third floor (attic) of a centennial remodeled building. You'll have to walk up the stairs, as there is no elevator, but once upstairs you will find an apartment completely remodeled with our own hands and with lots of care.
The apartment has:
- Two bedrooms. The master bedroom is very spacious and has a high quality double bed (Queen Size mattress - 200 x 160 cm), a small balcony and it includes an adjacent open space where you'll find a chest with drawers and a wardrobe, as well as having plenty of room for a cot if necessary.
The second bedroom is located in the middle of the hall, next to the entrance door. It has a single bed (Twin size mattress - 190 x 90 cm) and a large closet with enough space for suitcases and any extras.
- The kitchen, open to the dining room, is fully equipped with quality appliances and all the utensils needed to cook a meal like at home. It includes induction cooking plates, easy to use, fast and safe.
- The dining area, adjacent to the kitchen, has a handmade designer table and comfortable chairs for four people. The entire room has high ceilings with wooden beams and the typical Catalan vaults, making it a very cozy and unique space.
- A simple and practical bathroom with a large shower and exterior window.
The apartment includes:
- High Speed WIFI/cable internet access.
- Sony 42' HD TV and DVD/Blue Ray in the dining room.
- Washer with a complimentary soap load per guest.
- Fully equipped kitchen, including dishwasher, electric kettle, toaster, sandwich grill, baby cooker, etc.
- Books in English, Catalan and Spanish for all ages and guides/maps of Barcelona, Catalonia and other Spanish cities.
- Beach Pack: beach towels, umbrella, igloo, Set of bucket and spades for kids, beach rackets, beach ball, etc.
- Baby/Children's Pack: cot, high chair and hammock for meals, safety barrier for single bed, books, various toys, table-tennis rackets, basketball, etc.
Interaction with Guests
The apartment is family owned, we manage it directly and we strive to give this sense of closeness to our guests from the first moment. We have stayed in apartments in our travels for many years and we know the importance of good communication between the two sides. We speak fluent English, Catalan, Spanish and Portuguese, with a little French and Italian to get by.
You'll have our contact information (email and phone) from the moment you confirm your booking, we will contact you to coordinate the arrival and will be available to help in any way that we can. We have a list of preferred sites (restaurants, grocery stores, bars, etc.) that we love to share with our guests to guide them through their first steps in Barcelona/Poblenou, understanding that part of the beauty of traveling is discovering your own sites and for that, sometimes you have to take some risks.
The real secret to our cozy apartment is its location, just 10 minutes walking from the Mar Bella beach and in the heart of the picturesque neighborhood of Poblenou. Poblenou was an old industrial area of the city whose transformation over the last 20 years has turned it into one of the best kept secrets of the city, a safe, charming, peaceful and yet full of life residential neighborhood, where you will experience the authentic feeling of 'living' in Barcelona.
The main street of the neighborhood is 'La Rambla del Poblenou', just around the corner from the apartment, where you can stroll down to the waterfront, but not before stopping at one of its many terraces for some traditional tapas, artisan ice cream, homemade ‘horchata' (a traditional summer drink - the best in town) or just to enjoy a drink under the shade of the centennial trees that cover the Rambla.
In terms of services, a few steps from the apartment you will find a large selection of artisan shops (bakeries are high on our list), quality restaurants for all budgets, a market for fresh food (fruit , meat, fish, local dry meats, etc.), supermarkets, organic food stores and many more pleasant surprises.
For the younger guests, the apartment is surrounded by small parks for a quick stop by and along the seafront you will find one of the largest parks in the neighborhood, ideal for all ages (it even includes a brand new public skate park). In addition the local library, which is located in a landmark building one block down, has a specific section for children worth visiting.
The ‘Poblenou' Metro station (L4) is located one block from the apartment (2 minutes walk). The Subway/Metro Line 4 will take you to the city center in 10-15 minutes, on its way passing by the Olympic Village and the Barceloneta, both mandatory stops for any visitor.
Although the subway is usually the fastest/most convenient method of public transportation, there are also several nearby bus lines that cover the entire city. The tram is an alternative for short trips to the Forum-Diagonal Mar Shopping Center or to the Ciutadella Park.
The ride to/from the airport by car/taxi is approximately 25 minutes (without traffic).
Other Things to Note
Tourism of Catalonia Registry official number HUTB-007817
There is a 35€ surcharge for arrivals after 22:00 hours. The latest time for check-in is at 24:00 (to assure neighbors rest).
We like to welcome our guests with a small token of ‘Benvinguda', which you actually can choose among a list of options.
There are two shopping centers/malls very close ('Les Glories' and 'Diagonal Mar'), both within walking distance (10-15 minutes) or by public transport (2 metro stops).
The neighborhood center for medical emergencies is located two blocks from the apartment and the ‘Hospital del Mar' two metro stops away (5 minutes by car/taxi), the latest with special pediatric services.
Please be aware at all times and respect the rest of our neighbors. No parties are allowed in the apartment. Smoking is absolutely not allowed inside the apartment.