About This Listing
My room is part of 2 bed-room apartment. The bedroom is fully furnished with a bed, study desk, chair and lamps. The living room is furnished with a couch, love-seat, coffee table, two chairs and a 52" TV unit. There is a fully functional kitchen as well. There is separate bathroom for the room.
The apartment is walking distance to some of the most popular spots in downtown Chicago, including the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, Art Institute, and Lake Michigan.The Chicago river is 2 blocks, the lake is .5 miles and the Millennium Park is 100 feet from this building and you'll have unbelievably easy access to the Park in the summer when all the music festivals and concerts happen.
The apartment is furnished with:
- Bedroom fully furnished with comfortable queen bed and mirrored closet. The views from the bedroom are amazing.
- Huge comfortable sofa/couch in the living room that can also be used as a very comfortable sleeping couch for a third person.
- 52" color LCD with Chromecast to connect your laptop to watch those late night NetFlix movies.
- Super comfortable lounge chairs and poufs for extra seating in the living room/bedroom.
- Bar stools for your eating/relaxing needs.
- Fully user controlled heating as per your needs.
- Clean and private bathroom with piping hot high pressure water.
- Fully equipped and massive kitchen with all modern appliances (toaster, microwave, dish washer, refrigerator/freezer, blender) and silverware for a comfortable cooking and eating experience.
- Free and super high speed wireless internet.
The neighborhood has the following conveniences and attractions:
- Chicago landmarks within walking distance - Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, Lake Michigan, Willis Tower.
- Several dine-in restaurants and quick service restaurants including Noodles, Wow Bao, M-Burger, Giordano's etc within a short walk.
- Full service grocery stores within a few blocks.
- Several FedEx, USPS, UPS stores.
- Amazing shopping - Macy's, Nordstrom, Old Navy, Sears, Target etc within 2-4 blocks distance.
Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!
Please try to keep the house in the same clean state as you found it when you arrived.
The best thing about this airbnb site is its location, which is right across the street from Millennium Park. I was attending a conference at a downtown hotel 2 blocks away, but it would have been equally convenient for people wanting to go to the Field Museum, Art Institute, or many other tourist destinations. I went running in the park in the morning, which was quite nice. The apartment is on an upper floor of a modern high-rise doorman apartment building.
My flight arrived late, but my hosts were gracious about that, responsive to my various emails and texts along the way, and I was met in the lobby when I finally arrived. I felt safe walking from the blue-line train station to the apartment, along well-lighted and well-populated streets.
After my initial arrival, I never saw my apartment-mates. That was fine with me, as I was attending a conference, as I mentioned. But if you were looking for the type of airbnb hosts who tell you all about their town and maybe even show you around a bit, I think this probably wouldn't be the place.
#1 plus for this listing....LOCATION! you can see millenium park from the window, transportation options start across the street. Nice space especially if you are independent and low key. The host was always available through email and txt. Info about the place was on sticky notes around the apartment and the other room was rented out too. I would go back.
The apt is in a great location, I could see Cloud Gate (the bean) from my window. Giordano's across the road and a great pancake place a few minutes walk away. Very close to public transport. I didn't actually meet J, but his friend let me into the building. It's a nice apartment. There's a gym and pool that you have access to as well.
What a great stay. if you are looking for a perfect location to stay in Chicago to sight visit, this is THE spot! the Millennium Park is the literally across the street and the this building in on Michigan Ave and a CTA stop. I would in a heartbeat stay here every time i visit Chicago. I didn't meet Jatin, but he was quick to respond to all my questions and requests. The room was clean. Overall, the experience was awesome. Thanks!!
I did not meet Jatin (he was out of town) but his roommate was fantastic and made me feel very welcome. I was encouraged to leave my things at the apartment whenever I wanted and I had no problems finding the location or communicating with my host. I really enjoyed my night in the apartment and would recommend it to others (particularly single travels).
Jatin was great at communicating. He was not around, but made sure to respond to messages very quickly, and checked in around the time I had indicated I would arrive, to ensure everything was fine. I really appreciated the communication!
The location is fabulous for those wishing to visit Chicago. Walking-distance from Millenium Park, restaurants, shops, etc. Great building, nice apartment and bedroom. Recommended!