Welcome [to my apt]!
My name is Milan and I am renting out my 2nd bdrm in my lovely 2 bdrm/2bath condo. I work for a start-up, am a musician (a drummer of sorts) and currently training for my 3rd triathlon.
* Bldg is in a newly constructed 7-story modern condo development with red facade, and with a common roof deck/lounge with city skyline views
* Apt is minimally furnished, UNcluttered, and very clean
* You will have your own bdrm/closet, and a private bathroom featuring stylish tigerwood vanities, Italian trough sinks, Grohe & Totl fixtures, Zuma deep soaking tub.
* Kitchen is also available to you, if desired (however, no serious cooking please, and NO meats). It is an open kitchen featuring moss granite counters, Wenge finish custom cabinetry, GE Profile & Fisher Paykel stainless appliances.
* Washer/dryer - for your use (just not daily, please)
* Apt has oversized windows with western & southern exposures, covered with solid oak hardwood floors.
* Wireless internet in apt
* NO smoking, NO drugs, NO "entertaining guests" kind of a thing (you know what I mean)
* there is a ''NO shoes in the apartment" policy
* Gym - a small gym in the basement (treadmills, cycle, weights), but has what you need, assuming it's not a swimming pool!
* Rooftop - a completely "done up" rooftop area for tenants/guests with Manhattan skyline views (it's actually quite nice, particularly @ nite)
* Doorman - "Charles" - is a very nice, outgoing, and helpful host for the 154 building (please make sure to tip him)
Thanks and please contact me with ANY questions!
p.s. I do work from home on some weekdays, but that should not in any way prevent you from doing what you need to do.
Interaction with Guests
I enjoy interacting with the guests - usually it's up to the guests, some of whom I've become good friends with over the years. Remember, this is my home, not a hotel, so it's a bit awkward for all concerned if it's just silence :)
* East Village/Lower East Side border (right off Houston St - next to Clinton St./Ave B) - in an artsy and lively NYC location, but on a quiet side street with close proximity to cafes, restaurants, bars, boutique stores, grocery stores, cleaners, yoga studios, etc and within short walking distance to Nolita and SOHO
5-7min walk to local F, J, M, Z trains (Delancey St. stop), 12min walk to 6 train (Bleeker stop), which runs up/down the east side of Manhattan - timing depends on how fast [or slow] you walk!
Other Things to Note
Currently, there is construction of a new residential building going up across the street, so there may be times from Mon-Fri when noise could potentially be an issue in terms of a "wake up call". I've experienced this a few times over the past month, but it also depends on what time you get up.
- no smoking
- no drugs
- please NO SHOES in the apt - we want to keep it clean
- you will see that it's quite a clean apt - it's nice to keep it this way - i take pride in the feeling where you do not have to wear "flip flops in the bathroom" sort of a thing!
Milan was very friendly and accommodating. He was happy to provide answers and direction with local knowledge. The apartment was immaculate as described. Great natural light and very spacious. Very comfortable space in a cool neighbour.
My wife and I spent 12 days in Milan's apartment - the room and apartment is exactly as on the photos and we like it - the apartment is clean and neat - all look being organized in its place .
We met with Milan on the first day - although many days we missed each other due to our different schedule .He is quite helpfull with info
on transportation etc .
There is a washing machine and dryer and kitchen is complete with microwave although we don't really use them.
Wifi works perfectly and good .
One of the reason we picked this apartment beside the clean room is location - very convenient location - and may good rest and cafe nearby.
also few blocks only to SOHO .
Doorman - Charles also kind and very helpful - he gave a lot of informations we need like car service,supermarket etc .
highly recommended .
Milan was great and very friendly. His place is clean, stylish, and in a super location. I was very comfortable. The building is new and everything works great. I would like to stay again the next time I'm in nyc!
If you are looking for a great place in the lower east side this is the spot.
Milan was a very friendly and helpful host, gave us good tips. The appartment was bright and clean. The room was spaceous and with your own bathroom it felt very private. Milans kitchen, that you have full access to, is a really big and nice one. The location of the appartment was great and the doorman was friendly. The building felt safe. This was our first airbnb experience and it was a good one.
Milan is an excellent host with an apartment in a great location. He made us feel very welcome during our stay. The apartment is close to subway transport and in a neighbourhood with good restaurants and bars including a Michelin rated gem close by as well as the famous Katz's Deli and also a great bagel place within walking distance for a tasty breakfast. The room is comfortable, clean, spacious and had use of a separate bathroom. The doorman Charles was also really helpful and assisted in organising a limo to the airport that was as cost effective as a cab. All in all, we had a very enjoyable and memorable stay at Milan's place.
I really enjoyed my stay with Milan in his lovely Lower East Side apartment. The location is perfect for a great selection of bars, restaurants, shops and just walking around my favourite part of NYC. The room was a good size, bright and very clean, as was the apartment as a whole. It was great to have a bathroom to myself, and to be able to use the kitchen area for breakfast. Milan was very welcoming and generous, and I enjoyed hanging out and chatting with him about music and life in general. Staying with Milan, you get the added bonus of a second host in the form of his doorman Charles who was friendly and eager to help my stay be as smooth as possible. A great airbnb experience, and I would definitely stay with Milan again.
Miland is great. If you want to be in a clean house this is it. I use to get out by 8am and come back really late to take advantage of New York. The building its new. Charles helped me a lot. The shower its great and Les its a really cool and dirty place but its has a lot to oferta near Brooklyn Soho Nohlita. I would consider a safe place to stay as well if you are travelling alone also. X(phone number hidden)
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews