About This Listing
Welcome [to my apt]!
My name is Milan and I am renting out my 2nd bdrm in my lovely 2 bdrm/2bath condo. I work for a start-up, am a musician (a drummer of sorts) and currently training for my 3rd triathlon.
* Bldg is in a newly constructed 7-story modern condo development with red facade, and with a common roof deck/lounge with city skyline views
* Apt is minimally furnished, UNcluttered, and very clean
* You will have your own bdrm/closet, and a private bathroom featuring stylish tigerwood vanities, Italian trough sinks, Grohe & Totl fixtures, Zuma deep soaking tub.
* Kitchen is also available to you, if desired (however, no serious cooking please, and NO meats). It is an open kitchen featuring moss granite counters, Wenge finish custom cabinetry, GE Profile & Fisher Paykel stainless appliances.
* Washer/dryer - for your use (just not daily, please)
* Apt has oversized windows with western & southern exposures, covered with solid oak hardwood floors.
* Wireless internet in apt
* NO smoking, NO drugs, NO "entertaining guests" kind of a thing (you know what I mean)
* there is a ''NO shoes in the apartment" policy
* Gym - a small gym in the basement (treadmills, cycle, weights), but has what you need, assuming it's not a swimming pool!
* Rooftop - a completely "done up" rooftop area for tenants/guests with Manhattan skyline views (it's actually quite nice, particularly @ nite)
* Doorman - "Charles" - is a very nice, outgoing, and helpful host for the 154 building (please make sure to tip him)
Thanks and please contact me with ANY questions!
p.s. I do work from home on some weekdays, but that should not in any way prevent you from doing what you need to do.
Interaction with Guests
I enjoy interacting with the guests - usually it's up to the guests, some of whom I've become good friends with over the years. Remember, this is my home, not a hotel, so it's a bit awkward for all concerned if it's just silence :)
* East Village/Lower East Side border (right off Houston St - next to Clinton St./Ave B) - in an artsy and lively NYC location, but on a quiet side street with close proximity to cafes, restaurants, bars, boutique stores, grocery stores, cleaners, yoga studios, etc and within short walking distance to Nolita and SOHO
5-7min walk to local F, J, M, Z trains (Delancey St. stop), 12min walk to 6 train (Bleeker stop), which runs up/down the east side of Manhattan - timing depends on how fast [or slow] you walk!
Other Things to Note
Currently, there is construction of a new residential building going up across the street, so there may be times from Mon-Fri when noise could potentially be an issue in terms of a "wake up call". I've experienced this a few times over the past month, but it also depends on what time you get up.
- no smoking
- no drugs
- please NO SHOES in the apt - we want to keep it clean
- you will see that it's quite a clean apt - it's nice to keep it this way - i take pride in the feeling where you do not have to wear "flip flops in the bathroom" sort of a thing!
Milan is absolutely the best! From before I arrived, he made sure to address any questions, needs or concerns I had. Upon arrival, Charles, the doorman, anticipated potential needs which made the stay very smooth, pleasant and stress free. Both were very hospitable, making me feel safe, comfortable and right at home. The apartment itself is great; clean, comfortable, safe, and shows better in person than in photos. Located in a great neighborhood. I highly recommend staying here.
Milan's apartment was clean, spacious, airy, comfortable and more. Milan had thoughtfully place maps and city reference guides in the room. He was good host - upfront and solicitous about whether I slept comfortably (which I did).
The neighbourhood and location was good with close access to public transport.
I recommend Milan and his apartment highly.
The doorman Charles welcomed me and made sure I had everything I needed when I arrived. The neighborhood is very lively and central and the building is very modern with an elevator. Milan worked during the day, so we only interacted in the evenings. He was a very welcoming host and I had a good week staying with him.
Milan's apartment is as described, comfortable, clean and uncluttered.
Milan is an amazing host and very nice person. We arrived about midnight on Wednsday and he was very accommodating to let us in so late. Milan has big, neat, bright and airy apartment. You would not expect to find something that spacious in the Manhattan. The room was exactly the same as shown on the pictures: nicely decorated with comfortable bed and fresh bed linen. Clean, beautiful private bathroom as well. The apartment has everything you could need (washer, iron, hairdryer). The street is quiet, secure and almost no traffic.The location (LES) can't be better- you have everything in the area: from cosy brunch cafes, Whole foods market to famous Katz delicatessen. Williamsburg is a short walk across the river. You can easily find lots of different nightclubs, lounges and bars are within the walking distance. Safe and trendy area.
That was our first ''shared apartment'' airbnb experience and we would definitely recommend anyone to stay with Milan- it is a perfect place to stay in NYC!
Milan was the perfect host and great guy. I arrived late Saturday night and he was very accommodating to let me in so late and then we both went out and had a great LES evening. The room was as big and beautiful as the pictures and the apartment is very clean, airy, bright and peaceful. One of my best nyc stays!
Milan was very friendly and accommodating. He was happy to provide answers and direction with local knowledge. The apartment was immaculate as described. Great natural light and very spacious. Very comfortable space in a cool neighbour.
My wife and I spent 12 days in Milan's apartment - the room and apartment is exactly as on the photos and we like it - the apartment is clean and neat - all look being organized in its place .
We met with Milan on the first day - although many days we missed each other due to our different schedule .He is quite helpfull with info
on transportation etc .
There is a washing machine and dryer and kitchen is complete with microwave although we don't really use them.
Wifi works perfectly and good .
One of the reason we picked this apartment beside the clean room is location - very convenient location - and may good rest and cafe nearby.
also few blocks only to SOHO .
Doorman - Charles also kind and very helpful - he gave a lot of informations we need like car service,supermarket etc .
highly recommended .
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Milan
i'm an easy going, sociable, young professional who loves to travel the world, meet new people, practice yoga, play tennis, stay active, and happens to be very musically inclined.