Ready for some glamping in a SF Bay waterfront community? We took a used Airstream and renovated it with solar, a waterless composting toilet, clay walls, LED lighting, etc and much more. Welcome to your seaside retreat!
- 25 feet long, just under 200 s.f.
- Parked in our house front driveway (we recently bought a tiny 500 s.f. house and are looking to do an eco remodel with it in 2014)
- Full kitchen with refrigerator
- Room for only 2 people
Eco features include:
- American Clay plaster on walls and ceiling
- 500 watt Solar power system
- Keetsa eco – friendly mattress
- Cork and natural linoleum flooring
- Paperstone countertop
- Organic fabrics and linens
- Eco veneer cabinets
- Interior and exterior LED lighting
- Eco architectural resin shower door
- Kirei board desk
- Waterless Nature's Head composting toilet (when you arrive we can explain how to use the composting toilet)
The Airstream is completely independent. You have electricity, water, a complete kitchen (no microwave), shower and a waterless composting toilet. It sits in front of our house in the driveway. It is close to the sidewalk and neighboring houses but once you are in the Airstream it is like being in your own retreat.
We live in the main house full-time so you will probably see us around. We are available for any questions and look forward to saying hello but we will also make sure you have the privacy you desire.
Alameda is a lovely island in the San Francisco Bay. It is close to everything (San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland) but has a quiet community atmosphere. Many of the homes are over 100 years old and the number of Victorian style homes is quite high. Our neighborhood is a working class neighborhood with a mix of home owners and renters. The terrain is completely flat making Alameda a great walking and biking community.
Free street parking
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$530 /week|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
The reservation was canceled 2 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The Eco Airstream is a real treat! Well designed and easy to live in. Very clean. Yes, the shower is hot, and the bed is comfy. It made me just want to hang out there with friends. The composting toilet is a new experience, but easy to use. Cece and Brenda are great hosts. Even though you are parked in their front yard, it feels very private — yet completely attentive to any question or concern.