About this listing
Airstream glamping in a SF Bay waterfront community. PLEASE NOTE: the Airstream rental is at our Alameda property. No pick up and towing to an alternate location.
PLEASE NOTE: the Airstream rental is at our Alameda property. No pick up and towing to an alternate location. Thanks.
- 25 feet long, just under 200 s.f.
- Parked in our house front driveway (we recently bought a tiny 500 s.f. house and are looking to do an eco remodel with it in 2014)
- Full kitchen with refrigerator
- Room for only 2 people
Eco features include:
- American Clay plaster on walls and ceiling
- 500 watt Solar power system
- Keetsa eco – friendly mattress
- Cork and natural linoleum flooring
- Paperstone countertop
- Organic fabrics and linens
- Eco veneer cabinets
- Interior and exterior LED lighting
- Eco architectural resin shower door
- Kirei board desk
- Waterless Nature's Head composting toilet (when you arrive we can explain how to use the composting toilet)
The Airstream is completely independent. You have electricity, water, a complete kitchen (no microwave), shower and a waterless composting toilet. It sits in front of our house in the driveway. It is close to the sidewalk and neighboring houses but once you are in the Airstream it is like being in your own retreat.
Interaction with Guests
We live in the main house full-time so you will probably see us around. We are available for any questions and look forward to saying hello but we will also make sure you have the privacy you desire.
Alameda is a lovely island in the San Francisco Bay. It is close to everything (San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland) but has a quiet community atmosphere. Many of the homes are over 100 years old and the number of Victorian style homes is quite high. Our neighborhood is a quiet with a mix of home owners and renters. The terrain is completely flat making Alameda a great walking and biking community.
Other Things to Note
Free street parking
We have a very friendly golden retriever but do ask guests not to bring their own pets.
We are a non-smoking property.
The houses in our neighborhood are close together so respect for noise level is appreciated. Even though the Airstream is close to the sidewalk and neighboring houses, once you are inside it is like being in your own retreat.
The Airstream is a self-contained travel trailer. We prefer only green products be used for cleaning dishes and showering. The composting toilet must be used in a certain way and this will be discussed when you check in.
There is room for 2 people - no more - sorry.