Welcome ! Vibrant Ponsonby - sunny, mod, lovely garden. View our other listing https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/999293. Friendly, open minded hosts, good local Info. Surrounded by parks,cafes bars & restaurants boutiques,galleries,public transport.
Your private upstairs room & separate bathroom are set apart from the downstairs living areas, kitchen etc -
- New superior comfortable bed, high quality cotton sheets, electric blanket, fluffy pillows & smart bath towels.
- your own writing desk, set of drawers, wardrobe & little coffee table should you wish to have breakfast in your room.
DOWNSTAIRS - Large beautiful home, two lounge areas, comfortable couches & seating.
- Three separate private courtyards & gardens, with table & chairs to relax. And an outside dining area around the swimming pool.
- ‘ Starter ’ breakfast, toast, local honey, milk, great coffee, tea, & fruit is provided at NO EXTRA CHARGE which you may prepare at your leisure in the kitchen.
- Complimentary WIFI access up to 1 GB per day ( which is a lot ! ) after that it's pay as you go.
- 56’ LCD TV - 7 free local channels.
- Smoke detector – Smoking outside please.
- Security alarm system & Key-Pad front gate.
- Cooling fan & heating
- On-street parking.
Interaction with Guests
We are super friendly however we are busy professionals - so we do appreciate a little private time especially in the evenings.
Breakfast is a great time to catch up & have a chat & plan your day with us if you wish. We provide you with a 'personal recommendations' map of great local places to dine, galleries, cafes etc. The home is large & has lots of space to provide room for everyone. I work from home on my computer often. Our kitchen is a hive of activity & the gardens with outdoor chairs & tables is very relaxing.
Ponsonby is an epi-center of cafes, galleries, restaurant & local & internationl shopping. We are global travellers & have lived in Auckland all our lives & are happy to offer you good local & national information if you wish. We also rent for longer term - weekly or monthly. Please make contact to discuss prices etc. We have a good selection of reading material & website info. for eating out, bus, tours, local events & much more.
airbnb, auckland accommodation, Ponsonby accomadation, apartment to rent, auckland central accommodation, www.airbnb.com, bed and breakfast, auckland apartment to rent, auckland central room to rent.
- 25 mins drive from International & Domestic Airport
-WALK 4 mins - Ponsonby Rd, cafes, business center, bars, galleries.
WALK 4 mins to LINK BUS (email hidden)/LINK – $1.90 to City / Parnell / Newmarket / Art Gallery / Musuem and more. This is a ‘loop’ bus and eventually comes back to where you got (website hidden) – you cannot get lost ! Fantastic !
-WALK 15 mins - City / Waterfront, ferries & beaches 20 mins
-WALK 4 mins - well stocked Supermarket
-WALK 20 mins to Eden Park Stadium for sports fans.
Other Things to Note
We do have a quiet, friendly small poodle & a cat both of whom are mostly invisible, clean & remain downstairs & outside mostly.
Treat our home as if it were your home.
For Insurance purposes upon arrival we need to view your passport or similar identity - thanks for being understanding.
I must say, it was a fantastic stay. The location is fabulous, very clean room and lovely house. Both TJ & SJ are great hosts and have fantastic hospitality skills. If you are in Auckland, I highly recommend this place. Once again, thanks TJ& SJ.
I had a great experience , loved the location and was very comfortable . Tanah made it all very easy for me and I would certainly stay again.
Great place in the thick of it all near Ponsonby Road. Very quiet and clean room, with the bonus of the swimming pool to have a dip during the hot weather.
Great place near Ponsonby Rd. Modern and chic interior. And a pool!
Everything very clean and spacious. Perfect place to relax after exhausting tourism!
Tanah made me feel very welcome especially at checking in early on the 1st of January. The room is very cosy, clean and bright. Tanah and SJ were very helpful finding things in Auckland! Location is close to town by bus and walking, perfect.
What can I say, what the other people have not said before. Only thousends of WOW. Such a wonderful, warm and lovely place to start a trip to the country and in such a nice neighbourhood. Everything was perfect, more than perfect. I never felt as a stranger, I felt at home. One day I woud like to come back. I am looking foreward to. Thanks a lot Tanah Jane and Sarah-Jane for the trust you had in me. You treated me as a friend, although I was a stranger.
This host has 93 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Welcome To Auckland ! I live here in our beautiful home with Sarah-Jane. - We are huge travellers & understand the benefits of local knowledge.
- We have created a local map & 'top spots' list for vibrant Ponsonby & the local area into the CBD that you will not find in any guide book ! - We love amazing food & wines, local beaches, theatre, live music, people & lots of laughter.
- We are professionals, my business - Gourmet Joy runs food & wine tours locally. Sarah-Jane is a Senior Osteopath in a busy local practice.
- We believe Airbnb is a fantastic way to visit & discover a new city. Please feel free to contact/ message us thru Airbnb so we can answer all your questions & assist in your stay here in Auckland.