About this listing
You opted in for a little stylish room on a bright corner right in the center of Linz' old town, with a view of the castle. Transportation, restaurants and bars are right around the corner while here it is still quiet most of the time!
The 3-bedroom apartment is located smackdab in the center of Linz, next to the castle, a couple of walking minutes from the state theater (Landestheater) and 3 walking minutes from the main square (Hauptplatz). We are in the historic part of the town, however, the apartment was remodelled and renovated in 2006 and looks new.
There are numerous pubs, cafes and restaurants in the close vicinity, including a hand full of really good veggie-friendly places. Festivals, like the annual "Pflasterspektakel", The Cloud of Sound, the Linz Fest, Renaissance Festival or the Ars Electronica Festival are all within walking distance as well. Still, it's quiet to stay at; we are in a pedestrian zone and do have soundproof windows. ;)
There are theaters nearby, many museums, a park across the street, the Danube within five minutes walking distance, a public pool about a mile from the place. And the shopping district is just around the corner. The closest grocery place is in the building next door.
The place is wheel chair accessible with some reservations: There is a little step in front of the house (comparable to a street curb). The apartment is accessible via elevator. There are three more steps into the lower part of the apartment (guest room, kitchen and bathroom are located here), however, if needed, we can work around that.
In spring 2012 a little, very friendly mixed-breed called "Nougat" joined our household; he is pretty sweet and won't be found in the guest room. We still want to give those allergic to dogs a heads up! Also, we are not a child-free household anymore! (Thus, depending on the time of day, the tidyness may differ from the condition on the photos. ;) )
And last but not least, we also can offer you a free wireless internet connection and can provide you with a prepaid SIM-card for your phone.
You have your own private room, you also will have access to shared areas, such as the kitchen, and the bathroom. We have a second restroom right next to the guest room. (Which we use as our recycle room; i.e. glass, paper and plastic-bins are sitting in that room.) It has a toilet and a sink, which many guests like to use as their own private restroom.
Interaction with Guests
I have my office in the same building, so most of the time the place isn't empty. And since we have joined the group of parenting hosts, we are usually around a fair amount of time during the day. Depending on the weather. Guests who prefer having lots of alone time can make use of their private room.
Anthough we are in the very center of the city, we appreciate the "everyone knows everyone" attitude around here.
The bus stops right in front of the apartment and tramway stops are just a few hundred feet away. Parking is tight, but there are a few places around here where you may even park your car for free. The train station is about twenty walking minutes and less than ten by public transportation.
A bus connects from there to the airport as well and hosts just a few euros.
We are very laid back people, but due to experiences with recent AirBnB guests, we decided to rewrite this section. We know that most of it will come across as common courtesy to most of you, but just to make sure, here is a quick list of what's important to us:
- We expect our guests to give us notice about their planned time of arrival at least five days in advance. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that we are around at the exact time you get here.
- if you arrive after 6:30pm, please don't ring the doorbell but give us a call when you are here. Otherwise our little ones might get woken up.
- if you want to shower, please do so before 8pm.
- Since we are a vegetarian household, we do expect our guests to not bring meat into the apartment.
- We also are a non-smoking place, but you are free to light up on the street.
The kitchen and shower are shared, so they should be kept clean for the next person to use.
- This is a regular apartment with regular neighbors – and you are sharing our personal space, so our guests are expected to stick to the local laws and customs, especially but not limited to when it comes to noise.
- While we don't mind sharing our kitchen and food, we would like you to let us know and ask about what's ok to take and what isn't, as well as letting us know if anything is about to run out.
- We try to keep our place comfortable and clean; please leave your shoes in the mud room!
- The kitchen and shower are shared, so they should be kept clean for the next person to use.
- We haven't had any complaints yet, but we know we are far from perfect. So please, by all means, if we can help, making your stay better, let us know!