You opted in for a little stylish room on a bright corner right in the center of Linz' old town, with a view of the castle. Transportation, restaurants and bars are right around the corner while here it is still quiet most of the time (but not 365 days/year).
We are very laid back people, but due to experiences with recent AirBnB guests, we decided to rewrite this section. We know that most of it will come across as common courtesy to most of you, but just to make sure, here is a quick list of what's important to us:
- We expect our guests to give us notice about their planned time of arrival at least five days in advance. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that we are around at the exact time you get here.
- if you arrive after 6:30pm, please don't ring the doorbell but give us a call when you are here. Otherwise our little ones might get woken up.
- Since we are a vegetarian household, we do expect our guests to not bring meat into the apartment.
- We also are a non-smoking place, but you are free to light up on the street.
- This is a regular apartment with regular neighbors – and you are sharing our personal space, so our guests are expected to stick to the local laws and customs, especially but not limited to when it comes to noise.
- While we don't mind sharing our kitchen and food, we would like you to let us know and ask about what's ok to take and what isn't, as well as letting us know if anything is about to run out.
- We try to keep our place comfortable and clean; please leave your shoes in the mud room!
- The kitchen and shower are shared, so they should be kept clean for the next person to use.
- We haven't had any complaints yet, but we know we are far from perfect. So please, by all means, if we can help, making your stay better, let us know!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
We are a couple in their early 30s and enjoy both the fun of traveling and getting to know new, openminded people. Turns out, travellers often times fit this description, so we are happy to be able to share our place with nice people and exchange stories and experiences.
Both of us have stayed abroad for longer stretches at a time – Rebecca used to live in southern France for a year and Mario in the US for five. Music is a huge part of our lives: Mario also used to drum for a bunch of bands, is on hiatus at the moment though. We both enjoy reading and the occasional good movie, as well as a couple of TV shows.
Rebecca is a passionate cook and Mario is into sports; we both like to ride our bikes on- and off road. We like to swim and occasional work outs. Again, we love to travel and share a passion for NYC and Berlin; however, we aren't done with discovering places by any means.
Professionally we have been working in the online and marketing world for well over 10 years and Mario also teaches at a couple of colleges. We run our own business – which is located next to our apartment – and enjoy the freedom of being our own bosses a whole lot.
We want to provide an open home to nice people and love being able to have intelligent conversations with awesome people. On the other hand, we also provide privacy and are grateful for an apartment that has ample space to allow for everyone to have their personal space not being violated.
A few more random facts? Alright: Mario used to be in the finals of the Sexiest Vegetarian Alive contest a few years back, while Rebecca helped built her first company at 21 and we both have a thing for the 50s and 60s – wouldn't you know, we own a '58 Ford.
Last, but not least, we wanted to take the chance to say a big THANK YOU to so many awesome people we had the pleasure of getting to know in the past. You are the reason why we enjoy doing this as much as we do!
P.S.: No, we are not big Oktoberfest buffs, despite the photo ;)