About this listing
A beautiful and exceptionally private 3 bedroom, 2 bath house overlooking a 100-acre meadow, this is a dream getaway. With a well-stocked cook's kitchen, fresh eggs and milk, Wi-Fi, washer and dryer, this sunny house invites relaxation, meditation, and conversation with family and friends. Beds include 1 queen, 4 twin, and 2 full sofa-beds. Completely off-grid and 5000' elevation in the Southern Cascades
Lose yourself birding, botanizing, or hiking miles of wooded trails. Have a picnic featuring fresh farm goods. In winter, ski and snowshoe to your heart's content. Watch your family reconnect with the help of farm animals and pure mountain air. Visit Ashland's shops, wineries, and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
You can rise with the sun and experience the daily rhythms of caring for the animals. All around you, take in the unique living history of Willow-Witt Ranch. If you'd like to join us for animal feeding, milking, and other projects at the farm, just ask! We're here to show you the best of farm living. Guests receive a complimentary tour during their stay.
• Sustainable Agriculture : Meet packgoats, milkgoats, baby kids, horses, pigs, ducks, and pastured poultry.
• Historic Barns and Ranchlands : Tour historic barns positioned in a magical landscape inhabited for millenia.
• Alternative Energy : Learn how off-the-grid gets it done!
• Stewardship Forest : Visit the wholistically managed forests and abundant wildlife habitat of the 2007 Jackson County Tree Farmers of the Year.
• Wetland Restoration : See riparian plantings, in-stream restoration projects, water quality and wildlife surveys as we monitor our restoration through a grant from the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board.
Set amid biodiverse forested hills, a tour of Willow-Witt Ranch brings together Southern Oregon's historic past, innovative present, and sustainable future. Kids are encouraged to come up and meet the animals.
This house is strictly non-smoking, including outside. Guests will be responsible for monitoring electrical use and running generator if monitor indicates it's needed; complete instructions will be provided.
Trash, food scraps, and recycling are picked up daily
Guests are responsible for doing their own dishes; we will charge an additional $30 for dishes left dirty.
Absolutely no dogs allowed. This is a working farm; we have working livestock guard dogs to protect our goats and they consider all other dogs predators.