Fully furnished 2 bed apt on the 2nd floor of a private home in a residential section of Santiago, 20 mins from STI. Enjoy a private entrance, driveway, A/C, WIFI, cable TV, washing machine, back-up power generator & back-up water tank.
Our beautiful home is conveniently located on House 13, Street 13 in Los Altos De Rafey, Santiago between Hoyo De Lima Industrial and the famous Zona Franca, right off of the Circunvalacion avenue. It is about 20-25 minutes from the Santiago International Airport and about 10 minutes from the popular Santiago monument and the bustling shopping avenue Calle del Sol.
Our home is spacious and airy with large ceiling fans and lots of windows that let in the amazing hill-top breeze and guarantee that you'll see almost no mosquitoes!
The two bedrooms are large and equipped with Queen-sized beds, windows, and lots of closet space. There is a powerful air conditioner in the master bedroom and large ceiling fan in the second bedroom. A full-sized sofa bed in the living room can accommodate two additional guests or small children. The wrap-around terrace is a perfect place to lounge on our rocking chairs while taking in the cool-breeze and scenic views.
We have an electric generator that kicks in automatically in the event of a power outage as well as an additional water storage tank ("tinaca") in the event of a temporary water shortage.
Many guests are so pleasantly surprised with the beauty and comfort of our home that they choose to extend their stay upon arrival. If you find yourself equally in love, simply contact me and I will do my best to accommodate you if there are no other reservations. Please note that you will be expected to pay for the additional night(s) using a major credit card via the site's resolutions tool.
Guests will have access to a private driveway, wireless internet access, local telephone calling, a washing machine and cable TV. A trusted cook and/or maid service can be arranged for an additional fee. Please inquire with Gloria about these additional services.
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival, Gloria will ensure that your check-in and check-out run smoothly. She resides nearby and will be at your disposal day or night in case of emergencies. I will also be available remotely and via telephone if you should ever need anything.
There is a family residing on the ground floor of our home and although they are very friendly, you and your guests are expected to respect their privacy.
The home is located in Altos de Rafey which is a quiet residential neighborhood. Even so, there are round-the-clock motorized and armed security guards in the neighborhood for your protection. Feel free to introduce yourselves.
For those familiar with Santiago, the home is located on the avenida Circunvalacion between Hoyo de Lima Industrial and La Zona Franca.
A nearby shopping center features a gas station, taxi stand, food market, ice-cream shop, restaurant, beauty salon, and liquor store among other things. Also, the popular Colinas Shopping Mall and Jumbo Supermarkets are only 5 minutes away.
Major attractions are anywhere from 15-20 minutes away and include El Centro Leon, the National Monument to the Heroes of the Restoration Era, the Aurora Cigar Factory, the Apostle Santiago Cathedral, Kaskada Park and Dream Casino to name a few. There are also major restaurants nearby such as the famous Pedro Restaurant, Camp David Ranch and El Tablon Latino, all given 4.5-5 stars on TripAdvisor.
The home is perfect for those with a rental vehicle but nearby cab service is cheap, safe and easily accessible day or night. Gloria can also give you the phone number of a grocery store that delivers right to the home so long as you have Dominican pesos.
Other Things to Note
1. The Owner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
2. The Owner and the agents of Owner are not responsible for damage, loss, expense, and stolen claims, action or liability of any kind whatsoever, or howsoever caused including, without limitation, a claim of any kind by any member of the Guest party (including those of minor children), which arises from or relates in any way to the use or occupation of the property by the Guest, members of the Guest party or by invitees of the Guest.
1. There is NO SMOKING in the home. No exceptions.
2. Small pets permitted with prior approval.
3. Noise level should not be excessive.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good working order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Have fun! The Dominican Republic is known for the beauty and warmth of it's people and places so please go explore!
Sehr gut angekommen wurden freundlich empfangen .. Haus central gelegen und sehr gut ausgestattet .. Küche top sehr netter kontakt bis bald
I love this apartment.. so big and open and nice area.. very clean as well and that is always a plus. The host had plenty of water for us and that was very nice and plus, I recommend this place.
Well what can I say? My stay was way beyond what I expected. I wanted a place where my wife and I could have a little bit of peace and quiet. We found that and more. I really enjoyed having a stove and oven (that we used to make pastelon) a real kitchen with all of the pots pans and dishes you need. We had a living room sitting area dinning room full bathroom outdoor areas and 2 bedrooms. Our host was one of the warmest people i have ever met my wife really liked talking with Dona Gloria. Gloria was very very helpful with everything we needed. I will only stay here whenever we go back to Santiago.
Beautiful home, beautiful host.
Great place with lots of space. Very closes to shopping area and major sites.
Had a little problem with the TV and the hot water heater but once informed the host, problem was taken care of immediately.
Problem with the power going off once in awhile in the neighborhood but that is usual and will come back on in about a hour or two. Still have the back up generator for the apartment but it will not power the Air conditioner to the masterbed room, only the main power supply will power the AC.
Everything you need to cook is available in the apartment.
Drawback some nights the dogs in the area would not stop barking.
Host is great people and is very nice and great if you need any help with anything.
Thanks for the feedback Michael. We'll take it into consideration and will see what we can do to add a more powerful back-up generator. Luckily, the hot water heater has been permanently fixed so that should not be a problem in the future.
We hope you can visit again!
I loved staying at clarissas. the house was more spacious than i thought. everything worked out perfectly . it was very close to colinas mall. just a few short minutes away in a taxi to the monument . i will stay here again
- ME (Clarissa): a native New Yorker of Dominican descent living in Brooklyn, practicing poverty law, and completely obsessed with collecting recipe books, work-out equipment/videos and talking about the book that I've been writing in my head for over a decade (you'd be surprised at the level of detail). My incredibly patient fiance and totally fashionable teen-aged daughter are my reluctant co-conspirators through life and luckily are much, much cooler than me.
- MOM (Gloria): a wonderful New York ex-pat who lived and worked in Manhattan since the 70's and finally had the good sense to retire to the Dominican Republic and finish construction on her home in 2006. She's a seamstress by trade with a hardworking, creative and entrepreneurial spirit and is super excited to host you in her lovely home! (That's where you come in):
- YOU: a wayward traveler with your sights set on the gorgeous Caribbean island of Hispaniola, Dominican Republic, who will soon find your home-away-from-home in the vibrant and bustling Santiago! Lucky you!
Let's make this happen!