Comfortable Double Room in a Very Stylish Apartment/Condo with Private Bathroom
Situated in a leafy development, you can just walk out the front door and into The Phoenix Park, the biggest walled park in Europe. Here you'll find many attractions - Dublin Zoo, the residence of the President of Ireland - Áras an Uachtaráin, Farmleigh, Ashtown Castle Visitors' Centre and many more attractions and beautiful walks. Avail of bike hire and you could explore for the day.
The apartment/condo itself has two double bedrooms (one guest and one mine) and two bathrooms; neither bedroom is overlooked. The guest bedroom is fully furnished, you have a private bathroom, and there is wireless internet, cable TV and a washer* in the unit.
The kitchen, dining and living area are all in a big, cozy, comfortable space. There is communal car parking but, do note, this is limited.
The city centre is a short bus/train or taxi ride away and we're really well served by four bus routes so there is never a long wait. The train also takes you directly into one of the mainline train stations and into the heart of the city.
While the city, 20 mins away, is vibrant and alive, there are also fun places nearby, restaurants, and practical ones too - you can get a quick blow dry, buy wine, get a facial, or just sit in a cafe along the canal as you plan your evening.
Finally, when I travel, there is another bedroom available, also with its own bathroom. Please enquire.
I sometimes work or study from home so like to have a quiet environment for this. When I'm around, I'm more than happy to sit and chat over coffee.
The area is well-served by public transport.
Bus service to and from City Centre to The Phoenix Park Racecourse (check the Dublin Bus website.)
Routes that serve the Phoenix Park Racecourse are 37, 37a, 38, 38a, 38c, 39, 39a & 70. (Please DO NOT take the 46A.)
City Centre stops for:
(a) 38, 38a, 38b and 38c route - on O’Connell Street
(b) 37, 39, 39a can be picked up on Aston Quay (at O’Connell Bridge)
(c) 70 is on Westmoreland Street (at O’Connell Bridge)
(d) ALL routes can be taken from Dawson St.
There is a train service from City Centre to the ASHTOWN train station (8 min walk to The Phoenix Park Racecourse) - (for more information, check "Irish Rail" online). Please note that the bus service is more frequent, especially at the weekends.
Interaction with Guests
I sometimes work or study from home so will be around if guests need to enquire about anything. I will be around most evenings and am happy to sit and chat over coffee.
* Enjoy a latte or smoothie at 'Lo-Cal Kitchen', a funky cafe in the development.
* Enjoy brunch at Douglas & Kaldi's by the canal on a sunny day.
* Grab a coffee and cake, or lunch, at the courtyard restaurant beside Ashtown Castle after a leisurely walk in The Phoenix Park.
* Spend an evening socialising at The Hole in the Wall pub, where fantastic food is also on offer.
* Fantastic location for many of the athletic events held in The Phoenix Park.
* Croke Park - Only two stops to Drumcondra train station - fantastic access to Croke Park for match days and concerts.
* Come for the St Patrick's Day Festival in March - see the city lit up green, enjoy the street céilí, music and street performances, the parade and much more.
* Visit for an ever-expanding Culture Night in September where you can enjoy a free night of culture. For one night only, the city’s museums, galleries, churches, historic houses, artists studios, cultural centres and more, will open their doors late for a free night of entertainment, discovery and adventure. Hundreds of talks, tours, performances and events to participate in and enjoy.
* Come for the Web Summit 'Where the Tech World Meets' in November (2015) #websummit
The list is endless!
Minutes away from bus stop and train station.
- No smoking within the unit. There is an outdoor area where you can smoke.
- Wear outdoor shoes inside as little as possible.
- Strictly no outdoor shoes in the bedroom.
- Bring socks or slippers to make your stay as cozy as possible.
Dublin is a wonderful city and Dee it's a lovely host!:)) she was always happy to help us and to give us some advices! The appartment is very nice and clean!
We couldn't ask for a better first Airbnb host/accommodation/experience.:) Dee is such a lovely and open-hearted person. The room and the whole apartment was very tidy and well decorated. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed our stay a lot.:)
The apartment is very clean, beautiful and comfortable, the photos don't do it justice. Dee is very hospitable, genuine and extremely helpful. There are several buses within a short walking distance that will take you to downtown. Also from downtown you can take a shuttle to and from the airport. I will certainly stay here again when in Dublin-The friendliest and warmest city I have seen.
The place was awesome ! It was exactly the same that Dee described on her profil.
The room was really confortable and clean, the bathroom too !
Dee is very nice. She is an excellent host. She recommanded a lot of places to go and stuff to do !
Thank you a lot !!
I was greeted at Dee's like I'm a family person. She is natural, active, extremely nice and I would describe as "fizzy". The house is tastefully decorated, fully equipped and located in a very welcoming neighborhood. Access to downtown is easy by bus (the stop is 3 minutes from the apartment). In short, I was charmed by my stay at Dee ...
The house was super cozy and located in a beautiful part of Dublin, away from the noise but still handy to town and attractions. We spent 6 great days in company of Dee, who was really accommodating and gave us heaps of good advice about the city.
Bedroom + bathroom were well equipped and everything was super clean, tidy and comfy!
Book it! Don't doubt it!
The room was great! Super easy to get in and out of the city! And Dee was so lovely! Super easy to talk to and get along with! This was our 5th airbnb stay and Dee would have to be one of the best hosts! Have absolutely no complaints about the whole experience! Would 110% recommend!
Hi, I'm a professional woman and a part-time personal trainer (not very active at the moment before you ask). :-) I'm friendly and fun-loving and adore the outdoors. I'm well-travelled and, having lived abroad for a number of years, found myself drawn back to Ireland and to the people and the crack.
A warm welcome awaits you at my wonderful space in a great neighborhood, Castleknock - a great place to live if you like to walk, talk and socialise. I'll help you in any way I can so that you get the most out of exploring the cultural, historical and exciting capital city that Dublin is. The unit is suitable for either business or pleasure travelers and is a great base to look for work, take in the sights, or travel beyond.