About this listing
Really comfortable double room in a stylish apartment/condo with private bathroom.
Situated in a leafy development, you can just walk out the front door and into The Phoenix Park, the biggest walled park in Europe. Here you'll find many attractions - Dublin Zoo, the residence of the President of Ireland - Áras an Uachtaráin, Farmleigh, Ashtown Castle Visitors' Centre and many more attractions and beautiful walks. Avail of bike hire and you could explore for the day.
The apartment/condo itself has two double bedrooms (one guest and one mine) and two bathrooms; neither bedroom is overlooked. The guest bedroom is fully furnished, you have full and sole use of a large bathroom. There is wireless internet and cable TV in the unit.
The kitchen, dining and living area are all in a big, cozy, comfortable space. There is communal car parking on the street. Please note that this is limited.
The city centre is a short bus/train or taxi ride away and we're really well served by four bus routes so there is never a long wait. The train also takes you directly into one of the mainline train stations and into the heart of the city.
While the city, 20 mins away, is vibrant and alive, there are also fun places nearby, restaurants, and practical ones too - you can get a quick blow dry, buy wine, get a facial, or just sit in a cafe along the canal as you plan your evening.
Finally, when I travel, there may be another bedroom available, with its own ensuite bathroom. Please enquire.
Kitchen (limited), living area, balcony.
Interaction with guests
I am mostly at home so will be around if guests need to enquire about anything.
• Enjoy a latte or smoothie at 'Lo-Cal Kitchen', a funky cafe in the development.
• Enjoy brunch at Douglas & Kaldi's by the canal on a sunny day.
• Grab a coffee and cake, or lunch, at the courtyard restaurant beside Ashtown Castle after a leisurely walk in The Phoenix Park.
• Spend an evening socialising at The Hole in the Wall pub, where fantastic food is also on offer.
Fantastic location for many of the athletic events held in The Phoenix Park.
• Croke Park - Only two stops to Drumcondra train station - fantastic access for match days and concerts.
• Come for the St Patrick's Day Festival in March - see the city lit up green, enjoy the street céilí, music and street performances, the parade and much more.
• Visit for an ever-expanding Culture Night in September where you can enjoy a free night of culture. For one night only, the city's museums, galleries, churches, historic houses, artists studios, cultural centres and more, will open their doors late for a free night of entertainment, discovery and adventure. Hundreds of talks, tours, performances and events to participate in and enjoy.
The list is endless!
The 46A will NOT take you anywhere near the development.
City Centre stops for:
(a) 38, 38a, 38b and 38c route - on O'Connell Street
(b) 37, 39, 39a can be picked up on Aston Quay (at O'Connell Bridge)
(c) 70 is on Westmoreland Street (at O'Connell Bridge)
(d) ALL routes can be taken from Dawson Street.
There is a train service from City Centre to the ASHTOWN train station (8 min walk to The Phoenix Park Racecourse) - (for more information, check "Irish Rail" online). Please note: the bus service is more frequent, especially at the weekends.
• Check-in time is from 4pm
• Outdoor footwear must not be worn in the bedroom
• Please remove wet or mucky footwear at the door
• No smoking in the apartment but you may do so on the balcony; just grab a cushion for a chair and a throw for around your shoulders in case it's a little chilly
• Washing machine is not available for short stays; (for longer stays, there is an €8 fee)
• Strictly no hanging of hand washing in the bedroom and from the curtain rails; please just ask me for the clothes line
• No wet clothes to be hung on the wooden hangers
• Use of kitchen area allowed for breakfast and evening snacks only.
From Dec 01, 2016 - Feb 28, 2017 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
I'm a friendly and fun-loving person who adores the outdoors. I'm well-travelled, and having lived abroad for a number of years, found myself drawn back to Ireland - to the people and the crack.
A warm welcome awaits you at my wonderful space in a great neighborhood, Castleknock - a great place to live, close to the city centre and right beside the beautiful Phoenix Park. I'll help you in any way I can so that you get the most out of exploring the cultural, historical and exciting capital city that Dublin is.