About this listing
This is a gorgeously bright (half of a duplex) one bedroom cottage with a gorgeous kitchen, old fashioned + charming full bathroom that includes a soaker tub to relax in (and thirsty towels and bathrobes), a private courtyard that features a fountain for dreamy weekday or weekend peacefulness, as well as table/chairs/umbrella, and a couple of adirondack chairs for a chill afternoon or evening, and a gas bbq. There are two steps at the front door into the kitchen, and three steps at the back door out into the courtyard.
Top of the line super comfortable queen bed coupled with 600 thread count sheets + lots of down pillows + a duvet makes for an excellent nights sleep. Every imaginable chefs tool is found in the nicely set up kitchen for the traveller who likes to cook and is a little done with eating out every meal; several half barrels bursting with culinary herbs are scattered around, and citrus trees abound, mixed in with bougainvillea and princess trees. Living room boasts a leather recliner and a couple of throws to cuddle up with while watching the 47" flat screen tv--or playing one of the board games stored in the hall closet. The super comfy couch can be used as a twin bed for an extra overnight guest--extra linens and pillows are in the hall closet. All of the closets and dressers are empty and available for your personal belongings.
Wifi/high speed internet is (website hidden), the TV is internet ready and has Directv and Netflix. Private off street parking for ONE car.
Laundry is shared with the other half of the duplex. Private garden.
We are rather clean freaks, and the flat is fully cleaned between guests. We have our cleaner come in, and we personally wash and change bedding and towels ourselves to make sure it is crisp and clean and just the way we would want it ourselves!
We are located in one of the old and beautiful neighborhoods in Alameda--lots of Victorians and Arts + Crafts homes, big trees, safe and quiet.
We are five blocks from the beach (pretty much a perfect morning or evening walk) and also five blocks from Safeway/Trader Joe's/Walgreens/etc, coffee, restaurants (restaurant recommendations + bart/bus schedules, as well as other local recommendations + insider tips are in the binder you'll find on the kitchen table), yoga and pilates; ten minutes by car to Oakland International Airport. The transbay bus that goes directly to the financial district in SF is three blocks (they say 20 minutes), as is the regular bus, and BART is close as well. We are close enough to Silicon Valley to commute--and the g+ bus picks up five blocks away.
We do rent by the week and month, and we accept long term rentals for several months as well. For long term rentals of a month or more, there is a security deposit of $475 and a pet deposit of $395 if you have a dog.
1) We are dog friendly (for MOST dogs--please send us a message before booking to make sure your dog qualifies) so if you are bringing a pet along, please let us know as we have a pet kit that includes food + water bowls, a leash, etc, for your furry friends' comfort.
2) As well, there is a REQUIRED PET DEPOSIT of $495 to ensure your dogs good behavior and supervision by you during your stay, as well as cover any damage caused indoors or out. It is refunded after your stay if there is no damage. And be sure to read our Pet Policy and ask any questions you may have.
3) NO SMOKING indoors or outdoors or anywhere on the property.
4) CHECK IN is 5pm, CHECK OUT is 11am. Please bring your photo id as we will check it.
5) If you are considering our flat, please complete and verify your profile. We are more comfortable hosting new people in our flat when we know more about you. So please tell us a little about yourself and the reason for your visit. Also, our flat remains available until you or someone else reserves it with airbnb by submitting a formal reservation through the site. Thanks in advance and we look forward to meeting you soon!
1) PET POLICY: We travel quite often with our own dogs, and know just how hard it can be to find a great place to stay that also welcomes our furry family members as well as the human ones.
However, we also must keep things quite clean for our guests that don't have a pet along, and want to sit on furniture and not get covered in animal hair!
Therefore, we kindly request that you do NOT allow your dog on any of the furniture, including the bed.
Please understand that If it is allowed on any of the furniture, there is an additional $350.00 fee added to your stay so we can have the furniture steam cleaned before our next guest arrives.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! We want to keep on allowing dogs to stay, and we appreciate very much your respecting our pet policy.
As well, please do not go off and leave your dog all by itself in the house or courtyard without a crate and bed. It is unkind to the dog, and frustrating for the neighbors to listen to a barkety barkhead all day or night!
If you are going to need doggie day care, we are delighted to point you in the right direction, or assist you ourselves for a separate fee. And if you have any questions or concerns about traveling with your dog, please ask!
2) SMOKING POLICY: no smoking on the premises--indoor or out.
3)CHECK IN: 5pm, please bring your photo ID as we will check it.
CHECK OUT by 11am
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 53 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a wedding and landscape photographer, as well as a pretty decent cook, and I live in an old Victorian house near the beach with my wife and family. We try to spend as much time outdoors as we can (national parks are a big destination), and we love meeting new people through hosting, as well as exploring other cultures. I was in the tech field for most of my professional life, and made the jump into photography about a decade ago.