About this listing
If you're looking for a clean room in a safe and convenient neighbourhood close to both the airport as well as the bustling culture and plethora of dining options that central Richmond has to offer, then stay at Dejavu!
We are just steps to the bus stop. From there it's a 5-minute ride to Richmond Centre and the Canada Line which whizzes you downtown in less than half an hour. We are less than 10 minutes from Vancouver and also from the airport by car.
You will have use of the outdoor pool (seasonal), deck and outdoor fireplace (GAS STOVE NOT INCLUDED). The bathroom may be shared depending on whether or not we have other guests at the same time. We offer wifi and free visitor parking.
We have a small dog who is very friendly and well-behaved. Be forewarned, he will probably bark at you upon your arrival, but give it a couple of minutes and he'll be wanting you to play ball with him. Our little guy is non-shedding so people allergic to pet fur are typically fine around him.
Amenities & Details:
•Thermostat / Heater in Each Room
•Swimming Pool (Seasonal)
•Parking On Site
•Soap / Shampoo
•Hot Water Dispenser
Forgot Something? We have toothbrushes, toothpaste, sunscreens, etc, if you need.
*** Please note gas stove/oven are not included as per license ***
•Grocery, Starbucks, bank, restaurants, pub, nail and hair salon all within 3 kms.
•We are a 5-minute drive from the Richmond Olympic Oval.
•5 minutes by Skytrain to River Rock, Western Canada's biggest Casino Resort. Play the best table games, over 1,000 slots, high limit VIP rooms and horseracing stakes. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
•10 minutes to Whale Watching (Steveston Seabreeze Adventures)
*** CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST @ $5 (fresh baked bread, tea, organic coffee, cereal & juice) - please inquire if interested and note any dietary restrictions***
•Small dogs may be allowed - if interested please contact us with details about your pet (breed, size, medical conditions, etc...) $10/pet/night plus additional pet deposit of $100/pet/stay. For your convenience, we can dogsit while you visit around for the day.
•Each suite has a locking door with keys, so come and go as you please.
Check out our rooms at:
NOTE: Calendar does not accurately reflect room availability. Please send us a message with your requested dates.
We accept CASH ONLY for any additional services such as airport pickup/dropoff, meals, etc. Please ensure you have adequate Canadian or U.S. currency.
If you lose the keys provided there is a $50 charge.
• No outdoor shoes to be worn in the house.
• No visitors (unless agreed upon by your hosts in advance).
• We have a zero drug policy.
• Please respect other guests and neighbors and keep noise to a reasonable level.
• Please turn lights off behind you and be conscious about conserving water when washing up - be kind to the environment...and to each other - nobody likes a cold shower!
• Never answer knocks at front door.
• No food permitted outside kitchen area (license provision)
• Please be sure to dry feet off completely before entering the house as chlorine is very hard on interior flooring.
• Hours of operation: Sunrise to Sunset.
We will not be held responsible for the loss of/damage to any personal belongings or valuables you bring with you inside the house. We will be absolved of all liability relating to usage of the pool, deck and outdoor space.
About the Host, Tammy
* 530+ HAPPY REVIEWS * (all wonderful guests, except for that one ;)
2014 Wanderlust Destination Award
" Voted Vancouver's Best BnB (website hidden) 2013"
** We are licensed and insured**
We're quiet, friendly and love to travel. Our native language is English, but also speak French, some Cantonese, as well as a little Mandarin and Spanish. We embrace all cultures and lifestyles, having lived in places as diverse as Lille (France), Indonesia, New York, Hong Kong, London, Taipei, and Thailand. We look forward to making your stay with us as pleasant, convenient, and affordable (local hotels $200 - $500 night) as possible.
Activities while staying at Dejavu are abundant. You can do anything from spending the day whale watching or kayaking on the ocean, to hiking and biking through the lush rainforest around Vancouver, or hike to the top of the 4,000 foot Grouse Mountain and take in the spectacular view above the city. If relaxing is more the idea, a game of golf on championship greens or a relaxing treatment at one of the local spas might be a nice alternative.
Let Dejavu be your base to explore its many wonders!
• Richmond Night Market (Home to World Famous "Slavic Rolls")
• Banzai Sushi House
• Richmond Olympic Oval Training Center
• Grocery, Starbucks, bank, restaurants, pub, nail / hair salon
• Shopping Malls: Richmond Center, Lansdowne,Yaohan Center, Aberdeen Mall
• Golden Village, 260 + restaurants featuring cuisine from all corners of the globe
• Historic Steveston Fishing Village, fresh seafood available right from the boat!
• Steps from Fisherman's Wharf is "one of the best little Sushi restaurants outside of Japan"
• Whale Watching (Steveston Seabreeze Adventures)
• River Rock Casino, Western Canada's biggest Casino Resort
• Thrangu (Tibet) Monastery
• Mountain biking: UBC, Seymour, Lulu Isle dyke
• UBC Museum of Anthropology
• Queen Elizabeth Park and Conservatory
• Granville Island
• Vancouver Canucks, Canadians and Lions
• Stanley Park
• Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge
• Capilano Suspension Bridge
• Grouse Grind
• Flying Beaver, fabulous little pub on the river (free shuttle service)
Combining spectacular natural beauty and a prime waterfront location, Vancouver has captivated the imagination of travelers the world over. Surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and the Coastal Mountains, Mother Nature pulled out all the stops when she created “Canada’s Golden Child”. Vancouver is an experience, not a vacation, and you have to see it to believe it.
At Dejavu you are just steps away from an adventure that you’ll treasure forever…
”it reminds us of home” - Brigitte & Gerard, Paris, France (2011)
NOTE: If calendar is full, please message us. We may be able to accommodate you in one of our other listings.
Please welcome our new team member, Manuel, all the way from Barcelona ;)