Cozy studio apartment in a great location in the heart of Midtown
- A vibrant neighborhood with great cafes, restaurants, and boutiques
- A few minutes walk for your daily needs at D'agostino and Gristedes supermarkets, Duane Reade and CVS pharmacies, local delis, tailor, dry cleaning, etc.
- Less than 5 minutes from the 4, 5, 6, and S subway lines
- Within a 15 minute walk to some of New York's greatest attractions including: Times Square, Chrysler Building, United Nations, Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, Fifth Avenue shopping, etc.
- 15 minute subway ride to Central Park, Lincoln Center, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim, Upper West Side, and Upper East Side
- 10-15 minute subway ride to other great neighborhoods such as SoHo, LES, Little Italy, East Village and Greenwich Village/NYU, and Chinatown
Fully decorated studio apartment in a large elevator building with:
- Queen bed, working desk, dining table for 2-4 people, couch, and DVD player
- A/C & wireless internet
- Fully equipped kitchen including cookware, microwave, and oven
- Large closet available for guests
- Beautiful view of the city, including the Empire State Building, right outside the window
Interaction with Guests
Great for exploring the city, hosting guests, and/or hanging out in New York City
Other Things to Note
Flexible with delivering keys as well as check-in and check-out times
We stayed for a month in Mimi's studio. Checking in was very easy- we just texted when we were on our way from the airport and she was waiting for us with two sets of keys and some helpful written instructions about the apartment block and also the neighbourhood. She talked us through any questions we had, showed us around and then left, making it clear we could contact her at any point with queries.
The studio was spacious and very clean. All the essentials were there for a stay and the internet is very quick. There are laundry facilities in the basement that are easy to use with a card. It is in quite a bustling area of town so you will hear some traffic noise, but nothing unexpected for New York and the neighbours are very quiet.
The location is great, really convenient for exploring town as it is a very short walk (along a busy street, so no concerns about coming home late at night) to Grand Central Station. There is a nice coffee shop downstairs next to the laundry and 3rd Avenue and Murray Hill have loads of great restaurants to stay in.
Keeping in touch was easy during our stay- when we did contact Mimi, the responses were always immediate. Check out again was very easy and flexible. We just texted to agree a time to leave.
I'd happily both come back here again and recommend it to others!
We had a great time at Mimi's. Her small flat is very clean, neat and comfortable, with all the equipment you would expect and even more (we loved the stationary!). Having hopped from flat to flat during a busy business trip to NYC, I can definitely say that my experience with Mimi was by far the best one. The flat is extremely central, close to several subway stations, and it has two citibike stations just around the corner. There's no coffee machine - but an excellent coffee shop next door.
Staying at Mimi's apartment was a real treat! It's exactly as pictured in the photos she's posted and very clean. It's just a few short blocks away from Grand Central Terminal, so it's easy to get anywhere in the city. The neighborhood is nice and the building is very safe - I never felt nervous walking around at night.
Mimi is a great host and is always willing to help out with anything - she gave me a list of grocery stores and their pros and cons before I even arrived because I like to cook. I would definitely recommend staying with Mimi, I had a wonderful time.
Mimi was incredible! She went out of her way to do everything for me, including helping me with my computer, which had nothing to do with her at all. She was very responsive and just wonderful to deal with all around. I am an ex-NYer so I knew exactly where the apt. was. For those who don't, very centrally located near buses and subways - the heart of Manhattan. And the apartment was exactly as Mimi promised. On all fronts, she delivered!
Mimi's appartament was really wonderfull and confortable for 2 or 3 persons, the location its strategic: 5 min walk to Grand Central and near to 5th Ave. I recommend it.
Very nice studio, we really enjoyed our stay in NY!
Mimi is really helpfull and very kind!
My boyfriend and I stayed at Mimis place for 6 nights. Mimi was a good host and very helpful. The pictures are accurate and the apartment is nice and clean and conveniently located close to Grand Central. We can recommend staying at Mimis.
I was born in Shanghai but grew up in the US. After graduating from UPenn, I moved to New York where I've lived ever since, pursuing a career in finance. I love NYC for everything it has to offer - diversity, culture, arts, and most of all, the food - but it's also nice to get out of the city once in awhile. I'm always looking for my next traveling adventure!