About this listing
The Glen Muse estate sleeps 16 in 8 bedrooms, on 2 king, 4 queen, and 4 twin beds. There is also plenty of space and numerous futon mattresses, and extra bedding available if you would like to include more guests. Your rental includes up to 20 people total. Please inquire if you would like to accommodate more than 20.
Amenities: WiFi, Washer/Dryer, Central Air and Heat, Full Kitchen, catering kitchen, salt water pool & jacuzzi, basketball court, full beach sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, 3 saunas, 2 jacuzzi bathtubs, 4 fireplaces, grand piano, ample free parking, walk to hiking, walk to downtown.
*We enjoy a peaceful atmosphere at the Glen Muse Estate. Please note that there are no microwaves, and no television. We do have excellent wifi available*
Old world charm and new world energy join at the Glen Muse Estate. You’ll find the amenities you’d expect in a southern Californian mansion: sparkling salt water pool and hot tub, gourmet kitchen, manicured gardens and grounds. But here you can also enjoy a full volley ball court on beach sand beside a horseshoe pit and basketball court! Jam sessions on the baby grand provide the soundtrack for your own movie with a cast of twenty, all comfortably housed and provided for under one roof. Big fun! You can create and craft your own retreat experience.
The spacious master suite includes a large living space separated into two semi-private rooms. One room has a comfortable Cal King bed with a cozy seating area, large leaded glass windows, walk in closet, and fireplace. Room two features the decadently luxurious, 9ft. round Sultan Bed with fluffy white pillows.
The master bath is your pampering oasis! Indulge in the steam sauna, dry sauna, large jacuzzi tub, luxury shower, and heated tile floor. Featuring 2 separate vanity sinks, and lighted makeup mirror.
This 1300 sq. ft. Master Suite encompasses the entire upper East wing of the main house with a large private deck and private entrance.
Also upstairs are two large, comfortable rooms, each with private bathroom and sink, connected by a shared room with shower and jacuzzi tub, . One room has a comfortable Queen sized bed with down comforter, and a walk in closet. The other spacious room has luxurious twin beds and a walk in closet. Each room has it's own private bathroom, with an adjoining shared shower and bathtub.
The main floor bedroom features a queen sized bed and a gorgeous view! This room also has a private full bath.
The downstairs rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The East room has two twin beds, and a fold out cot available, the West room has a queen bed. They share a full bath.
The Pool House is a private poolside bungalow featuring a sauna, comfortable Queen size bed, a modern futon couch the converts to a full size bed, and a cherry wood desk overlooking the tranquil garden. Room includes filtered hot and cold drinking water, tea service, and a small fridge.
The Pool and Grounds
The Glen Muse Estate encompasses 4 beautiful homes on 3.5 acres. Enjoy the sprawling grounds, with sparkling salt water pool and hot tub, full volley ball court on beach sand, basketball court, horseshoe pit, koi pond and park-like lawn.
The Ojai Valley
Ojai's charms are many. The community has long been known as a haven for artists, musicians and health enthusiasts. Walk from our front door and enjoy incredible hiking trails, amazing restaurants, vintage shopping, or the famous Ojai Farmers Market. We're minutes from golf at two celebrated courses and fifteen minutes from the ocean and mountains.
When you book the Glen Muse Estate, you are agreeing to our terms stated in the "house rules" section. Please read them before booking.
By booking a rental at with Glen Muse, you agree to these terms:
Glen Muse Estate Vacation Rental Agreement
We truly want our guests to have a pleasant and enjoyable stay in our home. To ensure that no misunderstanding arises we ask that you closely read this document in its entirety, complete and sign it, and return it with your initial rental deposit.
1. Responsible Adult Occupancy: The above named tenant is an adult and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other overnight guests will be family members, friends, or responsible adults.
2. Cleaning: Each property will be inspected, cleaned and sanitized following the tenant’s departure. The rental fee paid includes 6 hours of cleaning, so that you can enjoy your vacation up until the last moment. Guests are requested to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it, ensuring that , and that the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $30 per hour.
3. What we supply: Each of the units is equipped and set up as a fully furnished dwelling including linens, blankets, towels, and fully equipped kitchen.
4. Swimming pool, hot tub, volleyball and basketball courts: Use of these facilities is restricted to parties renting the main house and their guests unless specifically agreed otherwise by the owner and/or the owner’s representative. The tenant is fully aware that the areas around the pool and hot tub can be dangerous and that areas around these facilities could become slippery, especially when wet, and that injury is likely to occur to any party who is not careful. It is understood that there is no lifeguard provided at the swimming pool and further agreed that no person under the age of sixteen or any person unable to swim competently may use the pool without the supervision of a competent adult. The tenant accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the swimming pool, hot tub and the surrounding areas.
5. Tenant’s liability: We appreciate that accidents can and do happen but hope that you will use your best endeavor to ensure that these are kept to a minimum. In the event of excessive damage the tenant agrees to accept liability for such damage, other than normal wear and tear, caused to the property by the tenant, the tenants family, friends or guests, including, but not limited to, damage to furniture, appliances, equipment, and landscaping. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, the tenant agrees to promptly reimburse the owners for all and any costs incurred in repairing or replacing damaged items and any cost incurred in rectifying any damage done. Tenant agrees that repair and replacement costs may be charged to the tenant’s credit card.
6. Disturbances and sleeping capacity: The tenant and all other occupants maybe required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following reasons:
A. occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation.
B. use of the premises for any illegal activity.
C. causing damage to the property or grounds.
D. any act that interferes with the right of any tenant or neighbor to the quiet enjoyment of their property. It is specifically required that any loud music be restricted to the inside of the house, with the doors closed, at any time after 10 p.m.
7. Smoking: Glen Muse is a “Smoke Free Home”. Guests may smoke outside only, at least 25ft away from any windows or doors. Cigarette butts must be placed in appropriate disposal containers.
8. Hold harmless: Glen Muse, LLC does not assume any liability for loss, damage, or injury of any tenant or guest, or their personal property. Neither is any liability accepted for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in the supply of water, electricity, gas or plumbing. Glen Muse LLC will not accept any liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, Acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control.
9. Additional terms and conditions: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges the Glen Muse, LLC and David A. Farber from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury of whatever nature which has or have occurred or which may occur to the undersigned or any of his/her guests as a result of or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and further agrees to hold the Glen Muse LLC and David A. Farber free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
Our Host made us feel very welcome. We had a crew of 20 family members including a baby and toddler. Jeska was always available to answer questions. There were ample linens, towels and futons when needed. The kitchen was amazingly stocked for a crowd. The home is wonderful and perfect for a restful stay. Plenty of room to be alone and quiet. Plenty of gathering spaces to comfortably gather. The pool, hot tub, volleyball and basketball courts were utilized and loved. The garden was a treat too since Jeska allowed us to pick what we wanted- delicious tomatoes and zucchini. Absolutely beautiful house with amazing view of the mountains. Easy to stay and never leave, but easy minutes to town shops(walk in or driving).
This place is a dream we had an amazing time here for my wife's 30th.
The best kitchen to cook in the most beautiful house to have a big group seriously who would book a penthouse in the city when you can have a dream mansion for 20 at 100$ each swimming pool jacuzzi basketball..and peace and quiet.. I would 100 percent recommend this to everyone.. The host Jeska is a sweet wonderful lady that let us use herbs from the garden and even her heart of artichoke.. I'd. Rather less people know about this secret actually but ..what can ya do xdd
My stay started well before my actual arrival at Glen Muse. I was coordinating a retreat for a group of 14 women and Jeska, the hour manager, promptly answered all of my questions as they trickled into her. I felt like I knew her before I arrived and then received the warmest greeting from her at the front door. She is warm, accommodating, kind and manages her role at Glen Muse with grace and ease. The house is a fantastical sprawling luxury So Cal mansion but manages to feel like you've step into a cozy, nurturing family nest. Practically speaking, the beds were very comfortable, the pool, hot tub and grounds a luxurious treat and the kitchen is a dream. At the end of our stay, we had the pleasure of meeting Darakshan, the owner of Glen Muse and you quickly realize how Glen Muse gets it's feeling of openness and a sense of community. Be warned - you won't want to leave this treasure of a place. If you are planning a retreat or group gathering, I can't recommend Glen Muse enough.
This host has 77 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Darakshan
I'm delighted and fascinated by the enormous changes happening in our world, where hidden wonders are emerging, where endless surprising opportunities are available as we collectively search for a better life. I love peaceful Ojai, steeped in nature and filled with creative people: artists, musicians, healers, philosophers, gardeners, poets, entrepreneurs, mystics. We are friends sharing our unique gifts.
I appreciate thoughtful and heartful conversation.
Sometimes I'm hard to find, maybe because I'm intently working or happily traveling. So my sweet and helpful assistant Jeska will likely host you. Jeska is a warm and creative being whose interests include sustainable housing, ecovillages, vintage clothing, playing in the vegetable garden, and hiking the gorgeous local trails with her beloved, Kevin.