Walk to the famous "Painted Ladies" of Alamo Square! Eat at unique neighborhood cafes and restaurants. Stay in a historic cottage which was fully remodeled with all modern features, glass and tile bathroom, soft wood floors, very comfortable beds.
This cottage is a separate building, away from the street, so it is extremely private. One hundred years ago it was a carriage house for a horse and buggy before the age of cars. It was completely re-built last year with all new materials and modern amenities. We live in the main house 20 feet away, and we are usually here to help you get settled or quickly answer any question.
The unit consists of the entire cottage, with partial views of Twin Peaks and Sutro Tower. Total size is approximately 1000 sq. ft. (92 sq. m.) The downstairs is open plan with gourmet kitchen, dining table with chairs, couch, large TV and full bathroom. Upstairs are two bedrooms, each with a queen bed, plus a full bathroom.
FREE PARKING is included right out front.
We apologize that the outdoor landscaping is still under construction. There is a 20 foot stretch where the ground is uneven and it may be difficult to roll suitcases. It is safe and well lighted day and night.
* full modern kitchen
* free outdoor parking in front
* two new, very comfortable queen beds
* sofa downstairs, opens to queen bed
* air mattress for 7th guest (it will be a tight fit and a little uncomfortable)
* exotic wood floors
* large windows, great light
* two full bathrooms, modern glass and tile
* tub with double saloon glass shower
* professionally cleaned before each visit
* sheets, towels, and soaps provided
* high speed wi-fi, cellular/3G/4G, strong signal
* TV with cable, FREE streaming Netflix, DVD
* HULU, Amazon Prime Movies, etc. on your account
* private entrance with access code
* bike storage: off-street safe and secure
* laundry: free washer, dryer, and detergent!
* luggage storage for early arrival, late departure
* breakfast: free coffee is included. Many cafes and restaurants a few blocks away
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as you like! We live 20 feet away in the main house and we are here to assist as needed.
We are right in the middle of San Francisco in the historic North of Panhandle ("NOPA") neighborhood, near Presidio Heights, and accessible to everything this great city has to offer. The area is very clean and safe, quiet at night and thriving during the day. Walk among Victorian gems, soak in the cafe and foodie scene, bike to the beaches or the Mission, or take a cab or easy bus to anywhere. Stroll to these unique neighborhood attractions, all within a few blocks:
* Alamo Square's Painted Ladies ("The 7 Sisters")
* Panhandle Park to Golden Gate Park
* Amazing restaurants: NOPA, Green Chile, Ragazza Pizza, Crudo (seafood), Nopalito, Tsunami Sushi, Herbivore
* Cafe paradise: Matching Half, Abirs, The Mill, Mojo, Peet's
* Wine/bar heaven: Wine Kitchen, Candy Bar, Vinyl, Fly
* Gourmet food to go: Faletti's, Bi-Rite Divis
* Farmer's market: Sunday 10-2
* Entertainment: Madrone, The Independent
* SF Symphony, Opera, Ballet, Hayes Valley (20 min walk)
* Jazz: The Fillmore, Yoshi's, SFJAZZ (15 min walk)
* Buena Vista Park (15 min walk)
* Haight/Ashbury (20 min walk)
* Walk to dozens of sights, shops, and restaurants
* One FREE parking space is included
* 3 bus lines within 2 blocks
* Cable cars: a quick bus, taxi, or 30min walk away
* From the airport, take "SuperShuttle" or taxi
* Taxi to anywhere in SF under 15 minutes
* Rent bicycles and ride new city-wide bike lanes
One FREE reserved outdoor parking space is included. In addition there is plenty of street parking if you have a second car. You don't need a car to see San Francisco, but it is helpful to visit Wine Country, Marin Headlands, the beaches, and scenic Highway 1.
Other Things to Note
Early or late check-in or check-out:
We have a secure laundry room to store your luggage if you arrive before check-in time or depart after check-out time. I will email you the access code for the the door locks so you can come and go at any hour. There are no physical keys.
Washer, dryer, and laundry detergent is provided free of charge, 20 feet away in the main house. There may be a wait if someone else is using it. Please limit to two loads per day. Not available Tuesday afternoons.
Kindly remove your shoes indoors.
Checkout time is 11am.
No smoking, pets, parties, or events on the property.
Please limit noise outside as we are in a quiet residential neighborhood.
If you have time, please clean dirty dishes and take out trash on your way out.
Russ was very welcoming and accommodating to our needs! He made sure we were well situated and checked up on us periodically. The house was perfect for our group of 5 and also was located in a nice neighborhood. I couldn't have asked for a better place! Everything went smoothly, and I would definitely reserve this again next time I'm in the city. I highly recommend this airbnb to anyone visiting San Francisco!
The place is in a magnificent location, as described and very comfy! I would recommend this location to anyone interested. Our party included 5 guests which the space absorbed without any issues! the futon was actually very comfortable as were the beds. Russ answered every text in a timely manner, very hospitable and accommodating.
We thoroughly enjoyed our "home away from home" at this little gem. The cottage is very clean, well-equipped, and comfortable. We could tell that Russ has tried (and succeeded) to think of every detail a guest would need. We especially appreciated the extra condiments in the kitchen, the use of the laundry, and the binder of information Russ had put together. Russ was also quick to respond to any of our questions. The neighborhood was safe and quiet and the location is an easy bus ride to any site in the city. Our entire family loved our trip to SF, and we would definitely stay here again. Thanks, Russ, for a great first Airbnb experience!
Great place in a great location. The cottage was very light, cozy and comfortable. There were lots of great restaurants, cafés and a really nice bakery within a short walk. The hosts are very warm and frienly.
We really liked the folder with recommended restaurants, suggested walks and things to do. Thank you!
Nice cottage with great amenities, secluded from street, very quiet. I like the fact that they have a homey "remove shoes please" sign, since we are from Hawaii where such Asia-influenced courtesies are standard. Great that there is a TV in one of the bedrooms as well as large screen downstairs, so you really could accommodate guests with different schedules. The nicely equipped kitchen of this cottage will help you save money on extended stays like ours. However, the Green Chile Kitchen just down the street has stellar Mexican food so am confident you will probably pass on more than one in-home meal once you try it.
Laundry room is a nice bonus.
We had a lovely time staying in this modern, newly renovated little gem. Russ was a great host that seemed genuinely interested in making out stay as comfortable as possible. He included a great little guide to neighborhood hot spots, as we as tourist attractions and "live like a local" attractions around the city. I was there on a business trip but wished I'd had more time to explore the neighborhood and city. Neighborhood feels safe and is within walking distance of several eateries.
I had a great time with my family in clean, cozy and very calm house. I also really enjoyed breakfast and coffee in nearest brunch restaurant. I felt no inconvenience. So nice and comfortable house. Very kind Russ, thank you so much and I really want to go again.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I've lived here for 10 years with my wife and dog. We recently had a baby boy and wow has life changed! We enjoy hiking, eating, cooking, weekends in wine country, the beach, traveling to exotic places, and most of all nap time.