About this listing
Walk to the famous "Painted Ladies" of Alamo Square! Eat at unique neighborhood cafes and restaurants. Stay in a cottage of your own, right in the heart of SF. Fully remodeled with all modern features, elegant kitchen, designer glass and tile bathroom, exotic wood floors, very comfortable beds. Your own parking spot out front is a rare convenience.
This cottage is a separate building, away from the street, so it is extremely private. One hundred years ago it was a carriage house for a horse and buggy before the age of cars. It was completely re-built last year with all new materials and modern amenities. We live in the main house 20 feet away, and we are usually here to help you get settled or quickly answer any question. You have a FREE reserved parking space out front which is very useful in SF.
The unit consists of the entire cottage, with partial views of Twin Peaks and Sutro Tower. Total size is approximately 1000 sq. ft. (92 sq. m.) The downstairs is open plan with gourmet kitchen, dining table with chairs, couch, large TV and full bathroom. Upstairs are two bedrooms, each with a queen bed, plus a full bathroom.
We apologize that the outdoor landscaping is still under construction. There is a 10 foot stretch where the ground is a little uneven. It is safe and well lighted day and night.
* full modern kitchen
* free outdoor parking in front
* two new, very comfortable queen beds
* sofa downstairs, opens to queen bed
* air mattress for 7th guest (it will be a tight fit and a little uncomfortable)
* exotic wood floors
* large windows, great light
* two full bathrooms, modern glass and tile
* tub with double saloon glass shower
* professionally cleaned before each visit
* sheets, towels, and soaps provided
* high speed wi-fi, cellular/3G/4G, strong signal
* TV with cable, FREE streaming Netflix, DVD
* HULU, Amazon Prime Movies, etc. on your account
* private entrance with access code - no keys to lose!
* bike storage: off-street safe and secure
* laundry: free washer, dryer, and detergent!
* luggage storage for early arrival, late departure
* breakfast: many cafes and restaurants a few blocks away
Interaction with Guests
We live 20 feet away in the main house and we are here to assist as needed.
We are right in the middle of San Francisco in the historic North of Panhandle ("NOPA") neighborhood, near Presidio Heights, and accessible to everything this great city has to offer. The area is very clean and safe, quiet at night and thriving during the day. Walk among Victorian gems, soak in the cafe and foodie scene, bike to the beaches or the Mission, or take a cab or easy bus to anywhere. Stroll to these unique neighborhood attractions, all within a few blocks:
* Alamo Square's Painted Ladies ("The 7 Sisters")
* Panhandle Park to Golden Gate Park
* Amazing restaurants: NOPA, Green Chile, Ragazza Pizza, Crudo (seafood), Nopalito, Tsunami Sushi, Souvla
* Cafe paradise: Matching Half, The Mill, Mojo, Peet's
* Wine/bar heaven: Wine Kitchen, Vinyl, Fly
* Gourmet food to go: Faletti's, Bi-Rite Divis
* Farmer's market: Sunday 10-2 four blocks away
* Entertainment: Madrone, The Independent
* SF Symphony, Opera, Ballet in Hayes Valley (20 min walk)
* Jazz: The Fillmore, SFJAZZ (15 min walk)
* Buena Vista Park (15 min walk)
* Haight/Ashbury (20 min walk)
* Walk to dozens of sights, shops, and restaurants
* One FREE parking space is included
* 3 bus lines within 2 blocks
* Cable cars: a quick bus, taxi, or 30min walk away
* From the airport, take "SuperShuttle" or taxi
* Taxi to anywhere in SF under 15 minutes
* Rent bicycles and ride new city-wide bike lanes
One FREE reserved outdoor parking space is included. In addition there is plenty of street parking if you have a second car. You don't need a car to see San Francisco, but it is helpful to visit Wine Country, Marin Headlands, the beaches, and scenic Highway 1.
Other Things to Note
Early or late check-in or check-out:
We have a secure laundry room to store your luggage if you arrive before check-in time or depart after check-out time. I will email you the access code for the the door locks so you can come and go at any hour. There are no physical keys to lose.
Washer, dryer, and laundry detergent is provided free of charge, 20 feet away in the main house. Not available Thursday 9am-2pm.
Kindly remove your shoes indoors.
Checkout time is 11am.
No smoking, pets, parties, or events on the property.
Please limit noise outside as we are in a quiet residential neighborhood.
If you have time, please run dirty dishes in the dishwasher and take out trash on your way out.
I've lived here for 13 years with my wife and dog. We recently have a 2 year old baby boy and wow has life changed! We enjoy hiking, eating, cooking, weekends in wine country, the beach, traveling to exotic places, and most of all nap time.