Walk to the famous "Painted Ladies" of Alamo Square! Eat at unique neighborhood cafes and restaurants. Stay in a historic cottage which was fully remodeled with all modern features, glass and tile bathroom, soft wood floors, very comfortable beds.
This cottage is a separate building, away from the street, so it is extremely private. One hundred years ago it was a carriage house for a horse and buggy before the age of cars. It was completely re-built last year with all new materials and modern amenities. We live in the main house 20 feet away, and we are usually here to help you get settled or quickly answer any question.
The unit consists of the entire cottage, with partial views of Twin Peaks and Sutro Tower. Total size is approximately 1000 sq. ft. (92 sq. m.) The downstairs is open plan with gourmet kitchen, dining table with chairs, couch, large TV and full bathroom. Upstairs are two bedrooms, each with a queen bed, plus a full bathroom.
FREE PARKING is included right out front.
We apologize that the outdoor landscaping is still under construction. There is a 20 foot stretch where the ground is uneven and it may be difficult to roll suitcases. It is safe and well lighted day and night.
* full modern kitchen
* free outdoor parking in front
* two new, very comfortable queen beds
* sofa downstairs, opens to queen bed
* air mattress for 7th guest (it will be a tight fit and a little uncomfortable)
* exotic wood floors
* large windows, great light
* two full bathrooms, modern glass and tile
* tub with double saloon glass shower
* professionally cleaned before each visit
* sheets, towels, and soaps provided
* high speed wi-fi, cellular/3G/4G, strong signal
* TV with cable, FREE streaming Netflix, DVD
* HULU, Amazon Prime Movies, etc. on your account
* private entrance with access code
* bike storage: off-street safe and secure
* laundry: free washer, dryer, and detergent!
* luggage storage for early arrival, late departure
* breakfast: free coffee is included. Many cafes and restaurants a few blocks away
Interaction with Guests
We live 20 feet away in the main house and we are here to assist as needed.
We are right in the middle of San Francisco in the historic North of Panhandle ("NOPA") neighborhood, near Presidio Heights, and accessible to everything this great city has to offer. The area is very clean and safe, quiet at night and thriving during the day. Walk among Victorian gems, soak in the cafe and foodie scene, bike to the beaches or the Mission, or take a cab or easy bus to anywhere. Stroll to these unique neighborhood attractions, all within a few blocks:
* Alamo Square's Painted Ladies ("The 7 Sisters")
* Panhandle Park to Golden Gate Park
* Amazing restaurants: NOPA, Green Chile, Ragazza Pizza, Crudo (seafood), Nopalito, Tsunami Sushi, Herbivore
* Cafe paradise: Matching Half, Abirs, The Mill, Mojo, Peet's
* Wine/bar heaven: Wine Kitchen, Candy Bar, Vinyl, Fly
* Gourmet food to go: Faletti's, Bi-Rite Divis
* Farmer's market: Sunday 10-2
* Entertainment: Madrone, The Independent
* SF Symphony, Opera, Ballet, Hayes Valley (20 min walk)
* Jazz: The Fillmore, Yoshi's, SFJAZZ (15 min walk)
* Buena Vista Park (15 min walk)
* Haight/Ashbury (20 min walk)
* Walk to dozens of sights, shops, and restaurants
* One FREE parking space is included
* 3 bus lines within 2 blocks
* Cable cars: a quick bus, taxi, or 30min walk away
* From the airport, take "SuperShuttle" or taxi
* Taxi to anywhere in SF under 15 minutes
* Rent bicycles and ride new city-wide bike lanes
One FREE reserved outdoor parking space is included. In addition there is plenty of street parking if you have a second car. You don't need a car to see San Francisco, but it is helpful to visit Wine Country, Marin Headlands, the beaches, and scenic Highway 1.
Other Things to Note
Early or late check-in or check-out:
We have a secure laundry room to store your luggage if you arrive before check-in time or depart after check-out time. I will email you the access code for the the door locks so you can come and go at any hour. There are no physical keys.
Washer, dryer, and laundry detergent is provided free of charge, 20 feet away in the main house. There may be a wait if someone else is using it. Please limit to two loads per day. Not available Tuesday afternoons.
Kindly remove your shoes indoors.
Checkout time is 11am.
No smoking, pets, parties, or events on the property.
Please limit noise outside as we are in a quiet residential neighborhood.
If you have time, please clean dirty dishes and take out trash on your way out.
Russ left us a wonderful welcome package - wine and a great book full of recommendations. The neighbourhood is great and having a parking spot was fantastic for us. Our group really enjoyed our stay. I've stayed in many airbnb homes over the years and this one was the most well-equipped, Russ is a fantastic host. The keyless check-in/out process is also a really convenient bonus. Thanks Russ.
Perfect central location with access to all San Francisco has to offer. Russ was a great and accommodating host who did his best to make us feel welcome. The apartment is tidy and well kept, perfect for 2 couples or a small family. I would highly recommend this property
Such a nice place!!!!
Quiet and realy clean. Perfect even for 7 friends.
Russ made it easy.
I suggest everyone should go!
La casa era todo lo que esperábamos. Excelente ubicación, limpia y cómoda. Sin duda la recomiendo a futuros viajeros que quieran estar en el centro de San Francisco.
My family and I had a lovely experience staying at this location in San Francisco . It was close to the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio , and a short cab ride over to the Ferry Building and China Town . I had only been to San Fran one other time and that was many years ago . I love that we were in a quieter part of town and I had the best sleep ever . The cottage was modern , neat and just as pictured . Russ met us upon our arrival and was available with any questions and even had a guide with close places to eat etc.. . We had our two daughters ,so access to the laundry was wonderful, since we still had a second leg to our trip . If you stay here , definately check out Matching 1/2 for coffee before you start your busy day!
Russ was very welcoming and accommodating to our needs! He made sure we were well situated and checked up on us periodically. The house was perfect for our group of 5 and also was located in a nice neighborhood. I couldn't have asked for a better place! Everything went smoothly, and I would definitely reserve this again next time I'm in the city. I highly recommend this airbnb to anyone visiting San Francisco!
The place is in a magnificent location, as described and very comfy! I would recommend this location to anyone interested. Our party included 5 guests which the space absorbed without any issues! the futon was actually very comfortable as were the beds. Russ answered every text in a timely manner, very hospitable and accommodating.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I've lived here for 10 years with my wife and dog. We recently had a baby boy and wow has life changed! We enjoy hiking, eating, cooking, weekends in wine country, the beach, traveling to exotic places, and most of all nap time.