About This Listing
Walk to the famous "Painted Ladies" of Alamo Square! Eat at unique neighborhood cafes and restaurants. Stay in a historic cottage which was fully remodeled with all modern features, glass and tile bathroom, soft wood floors, very comfortable beds.
This cottage is a separate building, away from the street, so it is extremely private. One hundred years ago it was a carriage house for a horse and buggy before the age of cars. It was completely re-built last year with all new materials and modern amenities. We live in the main house 20 feet away, and we are usually here to help you get settled or quickly answer any question.
The unit consists of the entire cottage, with partial views of Twin Peaks and Sutro Tower. Total size is approximately 1000 sq. ft. (92 sq. m.) The downstairs is open plan with gourmet kitchen, dining table with chairs, couch, large TV and full bathroom. Upstairs are two bedrooms, each with a queen bed, plus a full bathroom.
FREE PARKING is included right out front.
We apologize that the outdoor landscaping is still under construction. There is a 20 foot stretch where the ground is uneven and it may be difficult to roll suitcases. It is safe and well lighted day and night.
* full modern kitchen
* free outdoor parking in front
* two new, very comfortable queen beds
* sofa downstairs, opens to queen bed
* air mattress for 7th guest (it will be a tight fit and a little uncomfortable)
* exotic wood floors
* large windows, great light
* two full bathrooms, modern glass and tile
* tub with double saloon glass shower
* professionally cleaned before each visit
* sheets, towels, and soaps provided
* high speed wi-fi, cellular/3G/4G, strong signal
* TV with cable, FREE streaming Netflix, DVD
* HULU, Amazon Prime Movies, etc. on your account
* private entrance with access code
* bike storage: off-street safe and secure
* laundry: free washer, dryer, and detergent!
* luggage storage for early arrival, late departure
* breakfast: free coffee is included. Many cafes and restaurants a few blocks away
Interaction with Guests
We live 20 feet away in the main house and we are here to assist as needed.
We are right in the middle of San Francisco in the historic North of Panhandle ("NOPA") neighborhood, near Presidio Heights, and accessible to everything this great city has to offer. The area is very clean and safe, quiet at night and thriving during the day. Walk among Victorian gems, soak in the cafe and foodie scene, bike to the beaches or the Mission, or take a cab or easy bus to anywhere. Stroll to these unique neighborhood attractions, all within a few blocks:
* Alamo Square's Painted Ladies ("The 7 Sisters")
* Panhandle Park to Golden Gate Park
* Amazing restaurants: NOPA, Green Chile, Ragazza Pizza, Crudo (seafood), Nopalito, Tsunami Sushi, Herbivore
* Cafe paradise: Matching Half, Abirs, The Mill, Mojo, Peet's
* Wine/bar heaven: Wine Kitchen, Candy Bar, Vinyl, Fly
* Gourmet food to go: Faletti's, Bi-Rite Divis
* Farmer's market: Sunday 10-2
* Entertainment: Madrone, The Independent
* SF Symphony, Opera, Ballet, Hayes Valley (20 min walk)
* Jazz: The Fillmore, Yoshi's, SFJAZZ (15 min walk)
* Buena Vista Park (15 min walk)
* Haight/Ashbury (20 min walk)
* Walk to dozens of sights, shops, and restaurants
* One FREE parking space is included
* 3 bus lines within 2 blocks
* Cable cars: a quick bus, taxi, or 30min walk away
* From the airport, take "SuperShuttle" or taxi
* Taxi to anywhere in SF under 15 minutes
* Rent bicycles and ride new city-wide bike lanes
One FREE reserved outdoor parking space is included. In addition there is plenty of street parking if you have a second car. You don't need a car to see San Francisco, but it is helpful to visit Wine Country, Marin Headlands, the beaches, and scenic Highway 1.
Other Things to Note
Early or late check-in or check-out:
We have a secure laundry room to store your luggage if you arrive before check-in time or depart after check-out time. I will email you the access code for the the door locks so you can come and go at any hour. There are no physical keys.
Washer, dryer, and laundry detergent is provided free of charge, 20 feet away in the main house. There may be a wait if someone else is using it. Please limit to two loads per day. Not available Tuesday afternoons.
Kindly remove your shoes indoors.
Checkout time is 11am.
No smoking, pets, parties, or events on the property.
Please limit noise outside as we are in a quiet residential neighborhood.
If you have time, please clean dirty dishes and take out trash on your way out.
Nous avons trouvé le même logement que celui décris sur le site. Propre bien aménagé et très au calme car il ne donne pas directement sur la rue. De plus il y a possibilité de se garer devant l'entrée ce qui est très appréciable a San Francisco. Nous y avons passé un agréable séjour.
The neighborhood is great, the place is great, everything is great!
My family and I (5 of us) stayed at this cottage for 5 days. Russ was so helpful and very quick to answer any questions we had! Which was really appreciated. We were comfortable in the home and able to walk to several locations near by. We rented a car to visit Muir Woods and Berkley and it was such a huge convenience that there was a parking spot right out front! Definitely a rarity in San Fran! I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to stay in a central location with a group!
Russ was extremely accommodating and the space was perfect for our party of 6, including a baby. The location is convenient, quiet, and very comfortable. The best part was the small guidebook that came with the cottage - we ended up following a lot of the thoughtful recommendations for walking routes and places to eat. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come again!
El barrio es muy agradable, muy buena ubicación y cerca del trasporte publico. la casa es muy cómoda, bien dotada y extremadamente limpia. Ross dejo todas las indicaciones necesarias en una carpeta, fueron muy útiles.
Russ left us a wonderful welcome package - wine and a great book full of recommendations. The neighbourhood is great and having a parking spot was fantastic for us. Our group really enjoyed our stay. I've stayed in many airbnb homes over the years and this one was the most well-equipped, Russ is a fantastic host. The keyless check-in/out process is also a really convenient bonus. Thanks Russ.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Russ
I've lived here for 10 years with my wife and dog. We recently had a baby boy and wow has life changed! We enjoy hiking, eating, cooking, weekends in wine country, the beach, traveling to exotic places, and most of all nap time.