This apartment is one of a kind, easily the largest studio you will ever see in NYC and one of the prettiest too. It's about 600 sq ft ( usually the size of 1 bedroom in nyc) and it has been just renovated with new bathroom, kitchen and a fresh coat of paint.
Nested in the heart of Greenwich Village only ONE BLOCK away from Washington Square park and 5th Avenue, this is the perfect launching pad for your vacation. First time in NYC? This is a fantastic location only minutes away from every major attraction. Walk to the park, visit NYU campus, enjoy a neighbor that is literally teeming with dozens of fantastic restaurants...then take a short walk to SoHo for some shopping (minutes away) or check out the local farmer's market in Union Square (maybe 5 minutes walk).
The area is full of great place to go out at night, from great bars to comedy club, from Jazz Clubs (like the world famous Blue Note). And of course the city best nightclubs are only a 10 min walk in the MP District.
Transportation is phenomenal, with virtually every subway line within one block and of course taxis going around the block 24/7. This is the city liveliest area and everyone who is returning to NYC will know that for a fact. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION !!
Besides renting you my super cute apartment I will also help you create the perfect itinerary. I have lived here for 17 years and I know every restaurant and every shop. Want to buy a gift for your wife ? I will tell you where...Do you want to find the best gallery to shop? I am sending you to the best one...Just look at my reviews, I go the extra mile to make sure that my guests are happy.
I know you will be happy here !
If you are not convinced please send me a private message
I am super flexible
--> do you need to arrive at night, I will be there to help you...
--> do you have a friend joining you? I will give you an extra set of keys
--> do you leave late? I will extend your check out time.
only one rule is super firm --> ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING !
The reservation was canceled 12 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 8 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We are reviewing this as two girls from London in our twenties. The apartment was pretty perfect for us, we were really happy we chose it for our 4 night trip to the city.
Key plus points:
- A decent size. I was there with a friend and there was plenty of space. I think we would have been comfortable with three of us, we ended up just sharing the bed instead of using the sofa bed and it was perfectly comfortable.
- Great location – particularly for us as we had friends living nearby in the West village. But also Greenwich/West Village are really the best places in Manhattan. So many food options and bars, easy walking distance to so many other food and bar options!
- Alex wasn't able to be there with the keys but the pickup couldn't have been easier. He left them with the convenience store downstairs. He was very present on texts and gave detailed instructions.
- Our flight home wasn't until late but Alex let us stay in the apartment until 5. Obviously if he had had another guest coming then maybe we wouldn't have been able to.
- Kitchen was decent enough to make tea/toast. We probably could have done more but NYC is not the city to be staying in! I would say the Fridge/freezer may need attention as they aren't very cold.
- It was warm! After walking in freezing temperatures, we were so happy to get home to a cosy apartment.
To address some points mentioned in other reviews:
- There was a smell of weed in the corridors but it didn't come into Alex’s apartment and of course he has no control. But the neighbours are students and we didn't mind as it really doesn't affect your stay.
- There are two flights of stairs but having stayed in a number of other places in NYC, that seems to be the norm and two flights is actually a bonus!! Plus it’s only a pain when you have your bags. But worth taking note if you wouldn’t be able to carry.
- There was occasionally music noise and people coming in late but firstly that is part of the package of being in a city, and secondly we were in late every night so it didn't bother us.
- It was a bit dark but staying in December that wasn't really a problem. We had all lights on and did make up in the bathroom which was fine. I would maybe say it needs one more mirror near a plug as blowdrying hair was a bit of a pain without a nearby mirror.
Overall we were incredibly happy and wouldn’t hesitate to book the apartment again and recommend it. A few of our friends who live in NYC came over and were really complimentary of the flat.
Sorry for the very long review but I always think it is helpful to give detail for future guests!
Abbiamo trascorso una vacanza favolosa anche grazie all'appartamento di Alex, descritto perfettamente dal suo annuncio. Eravamo un pò perplessi, avendo letto alcune recensioni che indicavano l'appartamento come rumoroso; bisogna considerare che si trova in una zona piena di vita e non si può pretendere l'assoluto silenzio. A nostro parere, avendo avuto altre esperienze a New York, il rumore è nella norma e non ha inciso sulla buona riuscita del soggiorno. La zona è meravigliosa, secondo noi tra le più belle di Manhattan, ricca di locali e attività commerciali, a due passi dalle principali linee della metro. Alex è stato molto disponibile. Inoltre cosa non da poco, per gli stranieri come noi all'estero, Alex mette a disposizione un dispositivo wireless portatile che ti consente di avere internet a disposizione in qualsiasi punto della città. Unico appunto, effettivamente la tv non funzionava, ma l'avremmo utilizzata poco comunque! Grazie Alex, terremo in considerazione il tuo appartamento nel caso di un nostro futuro soggiorno!
Alex was super accommodating with check-in and check-out times, including allowing us to stay an extra day. He also brought over his Chromecast to link up the television. As another reviewer stated, it won't be your quietest stay in New York but this is because his apartment is in the very heart of the Village. Perfect for young people to get the New York experience!
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Princeton PhD drop out turned entrepreneur , now living the start up dream in NYC.
I love books, travel and my little baby Italian Greyhound (website hidden) we can play chess and if you beat me your first night is free !