Fantastic location in the middle of town, easy walking access to EVERYWHERE: all the coffe shops, bars, and shopping on Main Street (2 blks), marijuana dispensaries (0, 2, 2 blks), liquor store (0 blks), brew pub with great non-pub food (0.5 blk)...
Best location on AirBnB: 1 block from the gondola and 3 from Town Park (and Bluegrass! now finally accepting reservations!), in legendary Telluride itself - because friends don't let friends stay in Mountain Village. NOTE: Not yet taking reservations beyond August (phone number hidden) blocks from Main Street and the real action in America's most authentic and charming ski town - the only place you'll want to have breakfast (and maybe lunch!) and spend your evenings.
Modern, furnished two-floor condo with not only an option for hard-to-find PARKING but:
. . . UPSTAIRS
(1) a private room with queen bed for 2, opening onto a deck) (2) living room with queen fold-out bed and extra padding for 2 (3) 24"-thick air mattress for 1-2 (4) smaller sofa suitable for a child, and (4) a kitchen.
. . . DOWNSTAIRS
(1) private bedroom with queen bed for 2
(2) jetted and glassed-in tub and shower in private bath
(3) a washer/dryer
* Flat-screen TV (NOT connected to cable - I use it to play DVDs or stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc., from a connected computer) and DVD player
* Bar chairs and table
* Ceiling fans (Telluride residences have no A/C, so sometimes in summer the fans make the difference)
* Bamboo floors (very hard wood, so good for your big dogs)
* Kitchen table for 4
* Computer printer
* Right downstairs:
- liquor store
- marijuana dispensary
- French restaurant
- Telluride Arts and other galleries
* 1/2 block:
- Clark's Grocery
- charcuterie and gourmet foods store
* 1 block:
- Gondola to skiing and Mountain Village
- River Trail that runs from outside town, through it, and to the end of the box canyon
- The Cosmopolitan restaurant
- Outdoor sports stores
* 1.5 blocks:
- Telluride's Main Street (aka Colorado Avenue) for all sorts of shopping, coffee shops, bars, karaoke at the Steaming Bean (feel free to join me - I try to destroy the karaoke stage every Wednesday night)
* 4 blocks:
- Restaurants Siam and There; Town Park, where major music festivals are held
The westward-facing deck lets you monitor ski or hiking conditions on the ski hill as well as watch our amazing sunsets! See my brief video of what you can see from here: (website hidden).
I'm the most informative and helpful tour guide you could have to Telluride! I am relatively new in Telluride, and still gobsmacked by its natural splendor. I love to share this amazing place with visitors, to see the awe and joy on their faces. :) I can give you suggestions, drive you there, or even guide you on a hike or on the ski slopes.
When available, I may be able to give you a parking permit or a place to park for an additional $10-17 per night depending on the season (saving you parking in Carhenge during the day and moving out at night -- or worse, feeding meters from 8am to 6pm). NOTE: Prices may be higher for stays during popular festivals and during ski and snowboarding season. Just ask me.
See pictures of the surrounding area and the view from the condo here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1356493
I judge the guests' interest in interaction and act accordingly. I've gone four-wheeling with guests, gone to see films at Mountain Films (and had guests treat me to mushrooms from the Mushroom Festival), and so on. I love to share the history of the area and all the best things to do on a short stay (or a budget). I've also left guests entirely alone, when that was their wish.
Cameron was a very good host. The condo is in a perfect location for both skiing and experiencing the town of Telluride. I would only say this place would sleep 6 (at the most), not 8-9. The bedroom on the lower level is very nice, but the mattress in the upstairs office area is not good. In the living room, there is another pull out bed. It was nice to have a full kitchen and 2 full baths when renting the whole condo.