About This Listing
This is a 3200 sq/ft beautiful beach home with a large balcony at the front of the house that looks onto sweeping views of the ocean. 3 br. Steps to the beach! Walking distance to town- great restaurants. 30 minute drive to San Francisco.
Steps to the coastal trail
Whole house minus garage and a few private closets where our personal belongings are stored
Interaction with Guests
Call us if needed
Upscale quiet beach neighborhood
Other Things to Note
No parties or gatherings are permitted beyond the number of guests (6) allowed to stay. We are in a quiet neighborhood and have an understanding with our neighbors. Bring Shampoo and bodywash. Thank you.
1) No parties or gatherings beyond the 6 max registered guests please.
2) No garbage down sink disposal please.
3) Dishes must be cleaned to avoid an additional $150 cleaning charge.
4) No late noise or gatherings.
5) Respect the private rooms.
6) No smoking please.
- Great location, just a few minutes to the beach in a quiet, safe location
- Carpet upstairs was great, living room furniture was very comfortable
- Bathrooms were modern and recently renovated
- Short drive to multiple grocery stores
- Half Moon Bay is a sleepy little town, so if you're prioritizing relaxation, quiet, cooking at home, and going to the beach, it's a great place.
- Towels and bedding smelled of mildew.
- Kitchen drawers and refrigerator were quite messy
- Children's room did not look the way it does in the pictures
- No closet space, as all of the closets were locked.
- A lot of the rooms were locked, but there were a lot of personal items around (a lot of family photos, toys, personal food items) so it was a confusing experience-- not exactly welcoming/homey, but not exactly like a hotel/guest home either
- We had 6 guests but not enough towels for our length of stay (3 nights). We would have appreciated either advance notice so that we could have known bring our own, or access to the washer/dryer. Or just more towels to have been provided.
- No binder of information (wifi info, location info, procedures/rules for the house, how to use the thermostat, t.v. etc.) as is standard in most airbnbs.
- We had an issue with returning the key on the morning of our checkout, and our host was unreachable by phone.
Overall, it's not as if the place was terrible, but all of these cons could have been clearly explained in the listing in advance and then we would have been able to decide if this was a good fit for us. We had rented multiple airbnbs before, both in the US and abroad, and this one fell short of expectations.
I had family members visiting for the first birthday of my littlest one and we spent the weekend at Vitaly's. We had a fantastic time. The house is so comfortable. We had a great time: family dinner at kitchen table, kids watching movies in the super comfortable TV lounge upstairs, late night conversations in living room. We set up a little decorated party for the little one outside. He loved it and so did we.
Not to mention the surroundings. It really is a nice neighborhood and we loved the chance to walk to the beach to play football, and to get our feet wet.
Vitaly was amazing all along. Very communicative and helpful.
I look forward to coming back with my family in the future.
My wife and I had a great experience staying at this home in Half Moon Bay. It is a beautiful short walk to a beautiful beach, a quick bike ride to downtown Half Moon Bay. This house/location are especially great for guests with dogs.
The home is not quite "beach front". There are several houses between this one and the beach, and the beach view from the balcony is about 45 degrees. Not the panoramic view the picture implies. But still quite nice.
The house is well-stocked, and the host Vitaly was friendly and responsive. The logistics were easy.
Vitaly was very accommodating and made sure to provide those amenities that were initially not available. The house was in a good location and was suitable for our needs.
Great location, right on the beach and close walk to town. The house was peaceful and quiet and generally stocked with essential amenities. Only things that were small unexpected glitches was that the wifi didn't work the entire weekend (which wouldn't be an issue any other time except we had some work to do) and that it's only a 1.5 bath and not two upstairs given that's where the bedrooms are. Other than that, great rental and owner very responsive the entire time.
Why pay almost $700/night for a stay at the Ritz Carlton down the street when you can stay here instead! This house was perfect for our family and had amenities that pleased everyone including a baby grand piano! The large family room upstairs with surround sound was ideal for playing games and watching TV/movies. Our host was helpful and responded quickly to all correspondence.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews