About this listing
This is a 3200 sq/ft beautiful beach home with a large balcony at the front of the house that looks onto sweeping views of the ocean. 3 br. Steps to the beach! Walking distance to town- great restaurants. 30 minute drive to San Francisco.
Steps to the coastal trail
Whole house minus garage and a few private closets where our personal belongings are stored
Interaction with Guests
Call us if needed
Upscale quiet beach neighborhood
Other Things to Note
No parties or gatherings are permitted beyond the number of guests (6) allowed to stay. We are in a quiet neighborhood and have an understanding with our neighbors. Bring Shampoo and bodywash. Thank you.
1) No parties or gatherings beyond the 6 max registered guests please.
2) No garbage down sink disposal please.
3) Dishes must be cleaned to avoid an additional $150 cleaning charge.
4) No late noise or gatherings.
5) Respect the private rooms.
6) No smoking please.
- Plenty of space!
- Having indoor and outdoor dining tables was great.
- Check in/out were both easy.
- The walk to the beach was short and convenient.
- Don't forget to bring a coffee pot if you need one.
- Internet generally worked well, but did drop Netflix once or twice.
We had a great time and I would stay here again.
Vitaly was easy to work with - very responsive and accommodating. The location is great and the little Town of Half Moon Bay is as charming as they come, but the house was a bit of a letdown:
The first level hardwood floors were so sticky, I literally walked out of my flip-flop as it stuck to the floor. When brought to Vitaly's attention, he immediately dispatched a cleaning crew to correct it.
The kitchen has these oversize industrial appliances that don't quite work with the space (they appear as if they came from another property) , and an entire cabinet was missing a door.
Bedding was musty - a by product of living by the sea I am sure.
No shower on the upper level for the guest rooms.
The strict conditions about noise, and no ability to enjoy the backyard outside space because of this condition, made the place less hospitable than I would have liked.
Nitpicky? Possibly, but for the almost $700/ night, I admit to having higher expectations.
This house is very large and spacious (2 TV family rooms, a formal living room, balconies off of each bedroom, a huge master suite, large patio and grassy yard). The space was well suited to our party. The best thing about the house is the location - just steps from a trail leading straight to the beach. We loved the quick access to the beautiful coastline. Also, the neighborhood is heavily used for parking by public beach-goers, but Vitaly's house has 3 driveway parking spots so you always have guaranteed parking. This neighborhood is noise sensitive so it's great for groups that are quiet and mellow.
Vitaly is an excellent host. He checked in with us and made sure we had what we needed. Our stay included an unforeseen hiccup and Vitaly was extremely responsive in resolving our concerns. He will make sure your stay is enjoyable and you are happy with the accommodations.
Vitaly was very nice. He was very strict about only 6 people in the house at all times. That was no problem but we would have had a drink on the porch with family if we could have had more people. As it was, we never cooked there. Only slept there.
Great location- able to walk to the beach and not have to worry about trying to find parking on busy weekends. Pictures are accurate. Great house. Vitaly quickly responds to any issues you may have. Would stay again.
- Great location, just a few minutes to the beach in a quiet, safe location
- Carpet upstairs was great, living room furniture was very comfortable
- Bathrooms were modern and recently renovated
- Short drive to multiple grocery stores
- Half Moon Bay is a sleepy little town, so if you're prioritizing relaxation, quiet, cooking at home, and going to the beach, it's a great place.
- Towels and bedding smelled of mildew.
- Kitchen drawers and refrigerator were quite messy
- Children's room did not look the way it does in the pictures
- No closet space, as all of the closets were locked.
- A lot of the rooms were locked, but there were a lot of personal items around (a lot of family photos, toys, personal food items) so it was a confusing experience-- not exactly welcoming/homey, but not exactly like a hotel/guest home either
- We had 6 guests but not enough towels for our length of stay (3 nights). We would have appreciated either advance notice so that we could have known bring our own, or access to the washer/dryer. Or just more towels to have been provided.
- No binder of information (wifi info, location info, procedures/rules for the house, how to use the thermostat, t.v. etc.) as is standard in most airbnbs.
- We had an issue with returning the key on the morning of our checkout, and our host was unreachable by phone.
Overall, it's not as if the place was terrible, but all of these cons could have been clearly explained in the listing in advance and then we would have been able to decide if this was a good fit for us. We had rented multiple airbnbs before, both in the US and abroad, and this one fell short of expectations.
I had family members visiting for the first birthday of my littlest one and we spent the weekend at Vitaly's. We had a fantastic time. The house is so comfortable. We had a great time: family dinner at kitchen table, kids watching movies in the super comfortable TV lounge upstairs, late night conversations in living room. We set up a little decorated party for the little one outside. He loved it and so did we.
Not to mention the surroundings. It really is a nice neighborhood and we loved the chance to walk to the beach to play football, and to get our feet wet.
Vitaly was amazing all along. Very communicative and helpful.
I look forward to coming back with my family in the future.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews