About this listing
This 5 bedroom, 2 bath is beyond charming and featured on Houzz. With room for the entire family you can be sure to enjoy the exquisite location that is walking distance to the marina, lighthouse and close access to Holland and Saugatuck.
The cottage has a very open, circular layout and is perfect for large groups of friends or family. The home was completely remodeled 2 years ago – won the "People's Choice" award here in Holland and is featured on (website hidden).
Guests will have access to a fully stocked kitchen for great home cooked meals, beach towels to use at the local beaches (10-15 minutes away) and all towels/linens. There is also a washer and dryer in the basement. We have high-speed internet, DVD player, record player, speakers and Apple TV available for your entertainment.
Interaction with Guests
We have a digital keypad that is easy for guests to get into the cottage and our entire home is set up on the Nest system which automatically sets the heat and AC to comfortable temps.
The cottage is located in a cute community that is great for taking walks down to the piers, riding bikes on the path across the street, using the boat launch, renting jet skis and bikes at the marina and enjoying a waterfront dinner at the Piper down the road.
The bike path is directly across the street from the cottage and goes into both Holland and Saugatuck.
Other Things to Note
We require a 7 day rental during peek months from mid June-September and a 2 day rental during off peak months.
Leave the house just like you found it at check out in order to get your full security deposit back. Full check out rules below.
• Check in is at 4pm and check out is at 11am
Check out rules:
• Please remove the linens from the beds and place them on the floor in each room
• Please start a first load of laundry (in basement)
• Please clean out the refrigerator and freezer by disposing anything you purchased
• Please return all items to their original location; this includes replacing furniture that was moved.
• Please clean all dishes and kitchenware and place them where you found them.
• Furniture and household items should be put back where they were found
• All windows should be closed and doors locked
• Trash should be disposed in the bins outside near the driveway
A few requests:
• Please don’t smoke or invite any furry friends into the home.
• Please keep the cottage locked when you aren’t there.
• Please be careful with the windows- they are old and need extra love when opening.
• Please help us keep the wood floors looking good and do not move or slide furniture.
• Also, wipe up any water on the wood right away.
• Please don’t cut anything on the wood counter or butcher block in the kitchen (use cutting board).
This was a great home for our family consisting of 3 different families. We had 3 young ones and the closets were huge so a pack and play can fit them giving small children a more private space for better sleeping. We loved the kitchen and the open spaces...room for everyone to be together or spread out. The yard is spacious for lawn games and the fire pit is delightful. We took a lovely family picture on the front steps. Thanks Christine for sharing your home with us.
Our host and house where amazing. She was quick on the communication and was helpful when we needed her. The house was beautiful, spacious and exactly what we were looking for.
Awesome cottage! Host was tremendously helpful and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. My family and I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others as well.
We spent a week at the Old Scotch Cottage with my sister's family - 4 adults, 5 kids total. The house was spacious and beautiful. We loved the large, modern kitchen and ate most meals at the house. The neighborhood was also beautiful and nice for morning walks to the marina area. It was a bit farther from the beach and other activities than we had anticipated so we ended up driving most places but we particularly enjoyed a day in Saugatuck, the beach at Holland State Park, the farmer's market on Saturday morning, downtown Holland, and the local parks. The kids played badminton and volleyball in the large side yard and the front porch was wonderful for reading, relaxing, and napping!
The hosts left lots of helpful information and everything was very guest-friendly. Not sure if we will vacation in this area again, just because we like to try different places, but if we ever do, we would love to stay here again!
The house was perfect! We came into town for a wedding and Christine was great! She answered all our questions quickly. There was plenty of sleeping space, full kitchen, irons, hair dryers, and washer and drier. It was perfect for our needs. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay