Here you are a welcoming, comfortable, friendly, and fair opportunity if you want to visit the city for few days, a week or two (preferably not more than a month)
ABOUT THE ROOM:
the room has internet wi-fi connection and air conditioned;
the room (4m x 3m) has a big bed suitable for 2
in the house you can use kitchen washingmachine balcony
The room is close to PIRAMIDE metro b. The area is "via ostiense-gazometro"
The place is very well connected with metro, train and busses :
* direct connection (40min) by train from/to Fiumicino Airport (from 5.00 am to 10.30 pm) and WFP;
* 2 metro stops from COLOSSEO;
* 1 stop MetroB from FAO, circo massimo, palatin garderns and caracalla's terme;
* 1 train stop (5 min) from Trastevere
* 4 metro stops (15 min) from TERMINI central station (change for metro A: spanish steps, Trevi fountain; S. Peter etc.);
* many express bus line: 30express to navona square, castel s.angelo etc.
* 30 min from sea (ostia) and great ruins of the ancient harbour of rome ((website hidden)_Antica)
* NIGHT BUS: n2 and n3 (from termini central station or colosseo) drops you just in front of the building; n9 , n121 ((website hidden) )
* two 24h taxi stations: piramide and ostiense station
I am a 37 years , born and raised in Rome. I like to give tips and advices (if needed or asked) about living and enjoyng Rome.
English or Spanish speaking is more than welcome.
I like to travel and meet people from other countries. it's always an opportunity for me to learn. People say i'm friendly and outgoing
P.S: ABOUT THE SURROUNDINGS
- just outside the door you can find supermarket, phone center, banks, all night chemist’s shop, fresh fruit-shop etc.
* 10 minutes walking from Basilica "S.Paul outside the walls" ( http://www.sacred-(email hidden)/italy/rome-san-paolo-fuori-le-mura )
* 5 minutes walking from Capitol museum Centrale montemartini ((website hidden) )
* famous cake shop "andreotti" since 1937 (nice cappuccino and aperitivos too)
* still cheap and popular restaurant "Biondo Tevere" since 1916 (terrace on the river)
It's my second time staying with Peter, this time I was transiting in Rome for my flight back home the next day. His place is well connected to all the transportation that you will need when you are in Rome. I've had a very pleasant conversation with Peter, and I'm very glad that I get to know Italy better through our conversation each time I visit this amazing country, All in all, a very pleasant stay.
My short trip to Roma was fantastic and all because of Peter - he's great host, easy to rich, very informative and great personality overall! He was even keen to walk around with me and showed me the places I'd never imagine to find alone. Apartment is just looks as shown in pictures and the neighborhood is great with many attractions by short walk and all the rest you can easily rich by tram/train/or 30 min walk.
Thanks a lot, Peter, for a warm welcoming, great tips and especially for a company :)
Peter's appartment is the best place to choose especially if You're an active person and prefer to discover Roma and its places by foot. Although its is really very well connected to Roma's transport stations (bus, metro, train), You will definetly enjoy walking around, especially when You'll find out that You are among italians with their way of life, not in the touristic zone. Such experience is priceless.
Peter, thank You very much, my friend for showing how it is: to live, eat and communicate like an italian :)
Staying at Peter's was the best decision I could have made when visiting Rome. The room/apartment was clean, comfortable, convenient, and an incredible value. All of Rome is easily accessible from his location, and getting to and from the airport was no problem. Peter couldn't have been a more accommodating host and I really enjoyed spending time with him and experiencing the local experience in Rome. Can't thank you enough Peter, looking forward to seeing you on my next visit!
Cannot say enough about my stay with Peter, great location, great instructions on how to get there, friendly and helpful, interesting conversationalist on a wide range of subjects. The bed was comfortable, supermarket almost next door, plenty of places to eat. Not many people have a wonderful experience of the sites of Rome at midnight via a private tour by Peter. Cant say enough, Thank You Peter!
Great location, far from the tourist crowd & very nice apartment
Peter is a fantastic host, very helpful. It's pleasant to chat with him about Rome, art, history, movies & books.
I definitely recommend this place !
E' andato tutto ok, Piero è stato molto disponibile e gentile.
Peter V is a great host!
His house is situated in a typical Roman neighborhood narrated by Pier Paolo Pasolini and famous film directors!
It is connected to the center by underground and bus.
And Peter is a very friendly and knowledgable host.
I recommend it to all guests of Airbnb.
See you Peter V.
Peter is fantastic! He was incredibly helpful - from learning Italian to places to eat, and his passion for history, Italy and Rome itself made for great conversations.
Peter's apartment was great, I felt completely at home. it's just outside of the tourist chaos (a good thing) but still only minutes to every part of Rome, either walking, bus or metro.
when I go back to Rome, Peter will be the first place I check. I couldn't have asked for a better place or host.
very good location, near to metro station, and an actual area where the Romans stay, i.e. not touristy area, which is exactly what I am looking for. Peter is very helpful, answering every questions clearly, including regarding the city and how to get here and there. I was having a great time in Rome.