Here you are a welcoming, comfortable, friendly, and fair opportunity if you want to visit the city for few days, a week or two (preferably not more than a month)
ABOUT THE ROOM:
the room has internet wi-fi connection and air conditioned;
the room (4m x 3m) has a big bed suitable for 2
in the house you can use kitchen washingmachine balcony
The room is close to PIRAMIDE metro b. The area is "via ostiense-gazometro"
The place is very well connected with metro, train and busses :
* direct connection (40min) by train from/to Fiumicino Airport (from 5.00 am to 10.30 pm) and WFP;
* 2 metro stops from COLOSSEO;
* 1 stop MetroB from FAO, circo massimo, palatin garderns and caracalla's terme;
* 1 train stop (5 min) from Trastevere
* 4 metro stops (15 min) from TERMINI central station (change for metro A: spanish steps, Trevi fountain; S. Peter etc.);
* many express bus line: 30express to navona square, castel s.angelo etc.
* 30 min from sea (ostia) and great ruins of the ancient harbour of rome ((website hidden)_Antica)
* NIGHT BUS: n2 and n3 (from termini central station or colosseo) drops you just in front of the building; n9 , n121 ((website hidden) )
* two 24h taxi stations: piramide and ostiense station
I am a 37 years , born and raised in Rome. I like to give tips and advices (if needed or asked) about living and enjoyng Rome.
English or Spanish speaking is more than welcome.
I like to travel and meet people from other countries. it's always an opportunity for me to learn. People say i'm friendly and outgoing
P.S: ABOUT THE SURROUNDINGS
- just outside the door you can find supermarket, phone center, banks, all night chemist’s shop, fresh fruit-shop etc.
* 10 minutes walking from Basilica "S.Paul outside the walls" ( http://www.sacred-(email hidden)/italy/rome-san-paolo-fuori-le-mura )
* 5 minutes walking from Capitol museum Centrale montemartini ((website hidden) )
* famous cake shop "andreotti" since 1937 (nice cappuccino and aperitivos too)
* still cheap and popular restaurant "Biondo Tevere" since 1916 (terrace on the river)
Ho incontrato peter molto rapidamente. Mi è sembrato simpatico. È stato preciso nelle indicazioni e molto disponibile. La casa è carina e piena di oggetti, libri, riviste..assai curiosi!
The house is out of the center, Peter waited to give me the key on Christmas Day. Peter speaks fluent English. The house is the same as described.
Stay at peter's house was great! the place is really comfortable,unfortunately whe didn't meet each others,but everything was nice and quiet.
If I'll go back to Rome this will be my choice!
Excellent place to stay in Rome and Peter is a welcoming host. The apartment is located in an area outside of the touristy centre but is located close to public transport that it makes it easy to get around the city. The room is spacious and has a huge number of maps and guide books for you to browse to inform your visit, Peter himself is also an excellent source of information. Bathroom all in working order and the bed is comfortable. Great place to stay, recommend it!
peter's flat is absolutely cosy and beautiful. he had everything extremely detailed for you. the flat is beautiful and he is always ready to help :) would recommend to everyone
I only stayed at Perter's flat for one night and didn't meet him in person as we both had very busy schedules during my stay. But Peter was considerate with a nice note for me and arranging the meeting with his brother on my arrival in late Friday morning so I could drop my luggage before started exploring Rome, which I appreciated very much.
The flat is tidy and comfy, Peter even left many tour guide books and map to borrow only I wish I could have had enough time to read, maybe next time.:-) The location is perfect 5 mins walk from Ostiense train station and 2 metro stops from Colosseum. Highly recommend.
Peter was an excellent host! The room was really clean as was the bathroom and the kitchen. It was a really nice stay, in a nice area with everything reachable in a few minutes.
Hi, I'm born and raised in Rome. People say i'm friendly and easy going.
I like to travel and to understand different cultures and point of views. So when I'm in Rome I like to make the city more enjoyable to travellers.
If you have questions about the city, the romans, the italians etc. don't be shy, i like to try to answer;-)