About This Listing
A community of hackers from around the world. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. You can message the owner anytime when needed.
you will be staying at the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose downtown. Walking distance to the Japan Town. Coming here doesn't require a car from SFO or SJC (Caltrain & Light rail will do.) . VTA light rail stop: Civic Center. Up to 6 residents, 4 guys and 2 girls maximum in separate rooms.
High speed Internet with WiFi, SONY 3D Blueray DVD Player with Smart TV functions, Chromecast, and Apple TV. Printer and scanner.
Interaction with Guests
Message me anytime. I reply promptly.
This is an older residential area in downtown San Jose. The neighborhood is full of characteristic European-styled houses and big trees. Nice and quiet. The neighborhood has round-abouts at almost every street corner, which make it very pedestrian-friendly. I enjoyed nothing more than a walk around those bea
VTA light rail is one block away. Civic Center station. almost every line of the VTA light rail stops here.
Other Things to Note
Don't expect a hotel-like experience. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. Occasionally people might swap beds while they are empty. if your bed is taken please don't hesitate to ask other hackers or contact the owner.
1. No smoking in the house. Smokers please go outside.
2. Use anything you want, & please return things to their original locations after use.
3. This is a sharing-based community. I'm supplying as much necessities as possible. If they run out please go buy them & share with other roommates.
4. Help to clean the house and your own dishes/cookers/cups, or even the toilets restrooms whenever you're done using them.
5. Help to do the garbage. Garbage and recycling materials go to different containers in the yard. Garbage and recycling trucks come every Monday morning around 6 or 7am. So those containers in the yard need to be dragged to the street before that. Please follow the garbage cleaning instructions in the house and proactively help other members in the house to keep the house clean.
6. Turn off the lights when they are not being used.
Very nice overnight stay. Comfortable and clean. The long term stayers were all very friendly and more than willing to help. Highly recommended.
Bruce is a very nice host, all other guests were very welcoming. As a hacker house., you can compare it to an hostel with dorm and shared bathroom, kitchen and living room.
Location is very convenient. The house is 15min walk away from Japantown and just a couple of street car stop from downtown and airport.
This host has 149 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews