A community of hackers from around the world. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. You can message the owner anytime when needed.
you will be staying at the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose downtown. Walking distance to the Japan Town. Coming here doesn't require a car from SFO or SJC (Caltrain & Light rail will do.) . VTA light rail stop: Civic Center. Up to 6 residents, 4 guys and 2 girls maximum in separate rooms.
High speed Internet with WiFi, SONY 3D Blueray DVD Player with Smart TV functions, Chromecast, and Apple TV. Printer and scanner.
Interaction with Guests
Message me anytime. I reply promptly.
This is an older residential area in downtown San Jose. The neighborhood is full of characteristic European-styled houses and big trees. Nice and quiet. The neighborhood has round-abouts at almost every street corner, which make it very pedestrian-friendly. I enjoyed nothing more than a walk around those bea
VTA light rail is one block away. Civic Center station. almost every line of the VTA light rail stops here.
Other Things to Note
Don't expect a hotel-like experience. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. Occasionally people might swap beds while they are empty. if your bed is taken please don't hesitate to ask other hackers or contact the owner.
1. No smoking in the house. Smokers please go outside.
2. Use anything you want, & please return things to their original locations after use.
3. This is a sharing-based community. I'm supplying as much necessities as possible. If they run out please go buy them & share with other roommates.
4. Help to clean the house and your own dishes/cookers/cups, or even the toilets restrooms whenever you're done using them.
5. Help to do the garbage. Garbage and recycling materials go to different containers in the yard. Garbage and recycling trucks come every Monday morning around 6 or 7am. So those containers in the yard need to be dragged to the street before that. Please follow the garbage cleaning instructions in the house and proactively help other members in the house to keep the house clean.
6. Turn off the lights when they are not being used.
Host was a great guy... very friendly and interesting. Sleepy suburban neighborhood in San Jose. Hacker house had a number of semi-permanent residents, as well as travelers who were rotating through during my 1-month stay. People chatted sometimes but kept on their laptops for the most part, which is just how I like it.
I stayed at the hacker house for 8 months and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. There is never a dull moment while living here. It like a youth hostel except it is in a 2 bedroom condo. It is usually quite crowded. I've made so many friends and met so many interesting people from all over the world. The neighborhood is quiet and conveniently located in north San Jose. Bruce is a friend to everyone and takes care of many basic supplies. For those who do not require much privacy and are tolerant of a little bit of chaos, I would absolutely recommend staying here.
Wonderful experience. The diverse people living provides fun and interesting conversation. People from Russia, Sweden, China, India, and Taiwan.
Met a lot of entrepreneurs with actual product to demo. The future is very exciting when these guys bring their product to market. Can't wait !
Had a very pleasant stay. Courtney was very helpful and friendly. Thanks
Really enjoyed it. Everything worked (including the printer), lots of labels around the place so finding stuff was easy. Quiet street. Friendly / interesting peeps staying there also. Good find.
This host has 126 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews