A community of hackers from around the world. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. You can message the owner anytime when needed.
you will be staying at the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose downtown. Walking distance to the Japan Town. Coming here doesn't require a car from SFO or SJC (Caltrain & Light rail will do.) . VTA light rail stop: Civic Center. Up to 6 residents, 4 guys and 2 girls maximum in separate rooms.
High speed Internet with WiFi, SONY 3D Blueray DVD Player with Smart TV functions, Chromecast, and Apple TV. Printer and scanner.
Interaction with Guests
Message me anytime. I reply promptly.
This is an older residential area in downtown San Jose. The neighborhood is full of characteristic European-styled houses and big trees. Nice and quiet. The neighborhood has round-abouts at almost every street corner, which make it very pedestrian-friendly. I enjoyed nothing more than a walk around those bea
VTA light rail is one block away. Civic Center station. almost every line of the VTA light rail stops here.
Other Things to Note
Don't expect a hotel-like experience. This house is all self-service. most tenants are long-term. If you only stay here overnight or short term, please make yourself home and help yourself. Occasionally people might swap beds while they are empty. if your bed is taken please don't hesitate to ask other hackers or contact the owner.
1. No smoking in the house. Smokers please go outside.
2. Use anything you want, & please return things to their original locations after use.
3. This is a sharing-based community. I'm supplying as much necessities as possible. If they run out please go buy them & share with other roommates.
4. Help to clean the house and your own dishes/cookers/cups, or even the toilets restrooms whenever you're done using them.
5. Help to do the garbage. Garbage and recycling materials go to different containers in the yard. Garbage and recycling trucks come every Monday morning around 6 or 7am. So those containers in the yard need to be dragged to the street before that. Please follow the garbage cleaning instructions in the house and proactively help other members in the house to keep the house clean.
6. Turn off the lights when they are not being used.
Bruce was welcoming and quick to respond, even though I sent my request only a few hours before arrival. There was clean towels and sheets awaiting, the place was nice and clean and the other guests made me feel just as welcome as in my own home.
In spite of the fact that my plans were changing every hour, Bruce was really nice to agree to host me, I appreciate it a lot.
The place is really easy to find while going from the San Jose airport, and it took for me no more than half an hour including waiting for a bus and then for a rail.
I liked the place a lot! The whole environment was very friendly though Bruce was not there during my stay, and I had great talks with another tenants, and I wished I could stay more.
Thank you again!
The other residents and visitors were so welcoming, compassionate, and helpful. I only stayed for one evening, on short notice, and found just the respite I needed before I caught a very easy light-rail ride to the airport. The neighborhood I clean and quiet, yet still walking distance to downtown and food spots. I enjoyed fun company, a good movie, and a good nights rest. This is more than a place to stay, its a community.
Another great stay - love those hot showers! Nice / friendly roommates too : )
Listing photo appeared as though it was the bottom bunk and ended up being the top, but I'm not picky :) Bruce stayed up to greet me, and showed me to my room when I was exhausted from my plane ride. I'm overall, very happy with my experience there. It's exactly what I needed when arriving, and I'd stay there again if they'd have my and have a place available when I'm headed back through.
This host has 128 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews