About this listing
Our apartment is located at the south end of Ashland in a pastoral setting. The view will blow you away! We are located just 10 minutes from downtown Ashland on the most popular, thrilling bicycling road in Southern Oregon. We are close to everything Southern Oregon has to offer including: clear mountain lakes for fishing, swimming and boating, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and Mt. Ashland for skiing. We are next to miles of biking and hiking trails, including the Oredson Todd Woods, the Hairpin and Toothpick Trails and Siskiyou Mountain Park which is 270 acres of trails for mountain biking, hiking, cross-country skiing and horseback riding. Oak Knoll Golf Course, a public golf course, is just a short drive away.
Accommodations: Apartment, 1 bedroom, 1 bath (Sleeps 2)
This 500+ sq. ft., new, fully furnished, self-contained, one bedroom guest house is above our detached garage behind our house (No shared walls and very private). We are located just outside the Ashland city limits in a quiet neighborhood of upscale homes on 5 acre lots. We are close to everything, including Oregon Shakespeare festival, downtown Ashland, Lithia Park and the Plaza, United Bicycle Institute, Southern Oregon University, and Mt. Ashland. The Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest begins just one mile south of our cottage, but we're conveniently located near Interstate 5.
You will especially enjoy stepping onto your completely private, 300 sf deck which overlooks a seasonal creek and the forest with birds, deer and squirrels in abundance. This is the perfect place to unwind, sip your morning coffee or a glass of wine, sunbathe, BBQ or just let the world go by. Comfortable patio furniture, sun umbrella and gas grill are provided for your enjoyment. A second deck looks north to amazing views of Grizzly Peak. You will think you are in a magical treehouse.
Your private, light-filled retreat features 3 skylights, lots of large windows, a ceiling fan, window A/C and vaulted ceiling in living, kitchen and dining area. There are tile floors in the kitchen and bathroom, wood flooring in the living and bedroom. The bedroom is cozy with a new comfy, queen pillowtop bed and luxurious 400+ count linens, quilts and blankets.
The bath has a full sized tub with shower and a handmade walnut vanity with a granite countertop and upscale fixtures. Plush towels, shampoo and bath soap are provided for your convenience.
The kitchen is fully stocked with basics, such as sugar, cream, salt, pepper, tea and coffee. There is a full size gas range if you want to stay in and cook your meals.
We have a herd of deer and wild turkeys who frequently roam the property, otherwise you will be left alone to make yourself completely at home. We restored the house next door and added your rental in 2011. We’ve lived here for 13 years and will be happy to give you pointers about our local wineries, hot springs and where to buy local healthy produce. We will also direct you to hiking and biking trails close by and offer any advice that can make your stay more enjoyable.
No smoking or pets please
As the property is on the second level and there are stairs to climb, it is not wheelchair accessible or suitable for small children.
Hyatt Lake, Lake of the Woods, Emigrant Lake, Rogue River Rafting, Oregon Shakespeare Festival
1. Smoking is NOT allowed OR Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking on the property
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Maid service is included on a weekly basis for stays exceeding 7 nights.
11. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. [Mountain roads can be hazardous in winter due to winter snow storms. We highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.]