Our tropical two bedroom condo has a view of the ocean though the tropical landscaping. The complex has a new remodeled pool and brand new hot tub for you to enjoy.
This unit is a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo with granite counter tops, flat screen TVs, and all the essentials to start your trip. With spectacular views and comfortable surroundings you will find yourself easing in to Island life almost instantly. While at the condo you can both enjoy the comfort of your own space, or come on down to our wonderfully heated pool and barbeque area and enjoy the company of our wonderful residents and guests in a smoke free environment, while watching some of the most majestic sunsets in Kona. We are located half way between Kailua Kona and Keauhou Shopping Center with beautiful beaches and amazing dinning in both directions, as well as a gorgeous beach directly across from us. While here you will be able to find activities for everyone whether you love the tropical rain forest, flowing lava, beautiful beaches, sport fishing, parasailing, horseback riding, atv's, ziplinning or just relaxing with the family Kona is sure to impress. We are located right off Ali’i Drive so whether you call a taxi, rent a car, use your legs, or take our Hono Express you are sure to be able to have an enjoyable time. With an onsite manager that is sure to excite you will not find a more enjoyable place to stay!
Rental cars, buses and the Honu Express are available to get around the Island.
ROYAL KAHILI CONDOMINIUM
Revised and Approved November 1, 2009
These House Rules contain background information that should make your daily living at Royal Kahili more meaningful and enjoyable.
Condominium Living requires each resident to have appropriate respect for the needs and rights of others living in the complex.
The primary purpose of House Rules is to enhance the enjoyment, comfort and security of all residents and to protect the reputation and desirability of the project.
The Board of Directors of the Association of Apartment Owners (the "Board") shall be responsible for enforcing these House Rules with the assistance of the Site Manager. All Royal Kahili owners and other occupants, tenants and their guests shall be bound by these rules.
House Rules supplement but do not change the obligations of the Royal Kahili owners, occupants, tenants and guests as set forth in the Declaration of Condominium Property Regime and By-Laws of the Association. In the event of any inconsistency between the House Rules and the Declaration or the By-Laws, the Declaration and By-Laws shall prevail.
The Board may make additional rules from time to time and/or amend the following rules, as it deems necessary or desirable.
The terms "resident", "tenant", "owner", and "occupant" as used interchangeable herein, shall be defined to mean any person who resides in the condominium, including any apartment owners and anyone who is in residence with the permission of the owner.
1. General Rules
1. A) No owner, tenant, or personnel employed by the association shall be verbally harassed or threatened in any way, for any reason, or be subjected to lewd, improper gestures. Any resident or employed personnel who has been subjected to such behavior should document the incident at once, and report the incident to the Management Company and the Board. In addition to police action, such behavior is subject to an immediate fine of $500.00. Due to the serious nature of this type of offense, the fine is exempt from the written citation policy for the First, Second or Third Offense.
B) Neither the Management Company, members of the Board, nor any personnel employed by the association are to be contacted by phone, or at their home, or confronted in any way, regarding a citation or to submit a complaint except in case of emergency. An emergency is an immediate threat to life or property, in which case 911 should be called, and the Management Company and the Board notified. All concerns and suggestions must be put in writing, signed, and mailed or E-Mailed to the Management Company, or placed in the Association mailbox on the Managers office door. Direct confrontation, as described above, will be treated as harassment.
C) Loud behavior of any sort, shouting, stomping on stairways, slamming doors, loud “harassing” talk outside a resident’s unit, etc. will not be tolerated.
D) Any behavior which interferes with the rights of any tenant to enjoyment of the property in peace will not be tolerated.
E) At no time shall any of the pets or other animals, including, but not limited to, koi, birds, and cats, be harassed, harmed or mistreated by an owner, tenant, or tenant's guest. Any such offense may be reported to the appropriate authorities to be investigated as cruelty to animals.
Due to the serious nature of this type of offense, any violation of this House Rule, is exempt from a written citation policy for the First, Second or Third Offense and will result in a immediate fine of $500.00. In addition to further fines, subsequent offenses of this House Rule will be submitted to the Association's attorney for remedy.
2. Apartment occupancy is limited to a maximum of six individuals, unless otherwise indicated by County Zoning requirements
3. An apartment owner shall be responsible for the actions of their rental agent and
the conduct of their occupants, tenants, or guests and for their adherence to the
House Rules while on the premises. The owner or their authorized agent shall upon
request of the Board or the Site Manager, immediately abate and remove, at
the owner’s expense, any structure, thing or condition that may exist with regard to the occupancy of their apartment or the use or obstruction of any common areas by any such persons contrary to the interest and meaning of the provisions hereof; or, if the apartment owner is unable to control the conduct of such persons so as to conform with the interest and the meaning of the provisions hereof, they shall, upon request of the Board or the Site Manager, immediately remove such persons from the premises, without compensation for lost rentals or any other damage resulting there from.
4. Children: A resident or guest of any of the apartments shall be responsible for the conduct of their children at all times, ensuring that their behavior is neither
offensive to other residents nor damaging to the common elements.
5. No occupant or occupant's guests shall make or permit any loud or disturbing noises,
including stereos and musical instruments, in the apartments or common areas; nor
do or permit anything to be done by such persons that will interfere with the rights,
comforts or convenience of other occupants, including, but not limited to, smoking on lanais.
6. No occupant shall play or loiter in the common areas, including halls, elevators,
stairways, driveways, and parking areas. Ball playing, skateboard riding and similar
activities are not permitted within the condominium complex. Playing certain games in designated areas may be permitted, if approved in advance by the Site Manager and the President of the Board of Directors.
7. Any damages to the buildings, appurtenances, electrical, water, plumbing systems or any of the common elements whatsoever shall be the liability of the apartment owner who caused such damage, or whose guests or tenants cause such damage.
8. The use of fireworks of any type within the condominium areas is strictly forbidden.
1. The names and phone numbers (if any) of all residents together with the age of each minor child shall be given to the manager prior to the occupancy or at the time of occupancy. All occupants, tenants, or guests will be required to sign for a copy of the House Rules at the time of occupancy. In the interest of good management, the Site Manager shall be advised no less than 72 hours in advance of any new occupancy by either the owner or their authorized agent (including rental).The Site Manager shall not give new occupants access to any apartment without prior notification by the owner or his rental agent of the arrival date of such occupants.
2. The Site Manager shall not give access to an occupied apartment without the prior authorization of the apartment owner or occupant.
3. In the event that an owner changes the lock to an apartment, a new key may be
given to the Manager in order to allow access in case of an emergency.
4. A copy of these House Rules shall be readily available to the resident in the
apartment. Residents shall be advised in advance of the House Rules and the
requirement that they abide by them.
5. Maintenance personnel performing services for the condominium shall not be
requested to perform work inside the apartment of any owner, unless requested of and
approved by the Site Manager. In no case shall an owner or resident interfere with the work of maintenance personnel employed by Management.
3. Common Areas
1. Smoking (County of Hawaii, State of Hawaii Ordinance No. 03112)
In accordance with the County of Hawaii, smoking is not allowed in all common use areas including elevators, hallways, lobbies, office, parking garage, restrooms, stairwells, pool and recreation areas.
2. The public halls, corridors, sidewalks, elevator, and stairways shall not be obstructed
or used for any purpose other than for ingress to and egress from the apartments.
These areas shall not be used for the storage of furniture or any other articles.
3. Furniture placed in the lobby or pool area is for use in those areas and is not to be
moved or removed.
1. Only furniture, plants, and other articles appropriate to the lanai maybe kept thereon. Any articles which, in the opinion of the Board, are unsightly must be removed from the lanai upon request of the Board. Towels, bathing suits or other such objects will not be hung on or over the railings.
2. Plants must be placed in containers that prevent dripping or any other damage to the
property of another owner or to the common elements.
3. Barbecuing on the lanai or burning of any kind is forbidden. No objects, especially cigarettes and matches shall be thrown from a lanai or window of an apartment. Barbecuing is permitted only at the barbecue area by the pool.
4. Sporting equipment such as surfboards, bicycles, golf clubs, etc., shall be stored within the apartment or in areas designated by the Board.
5. Pool Use
1. Guest Limitation - The pool area is for the private and exclusive use of
owners and occupants and their guests only. Guests of an owner or occupant
must be accompanied by such owner or occupant. Owners or occupants of
an apartment are limited to no more than two (2) guests per apartment who
shall accompany an owner or occupant to use the pool area at any time. Exceptions to the limitation on the number of guest may be permitted, if approved in advance by the Site Manager and the President or Vice President of the Board of Directors.
2. The pool area is a non-smoking area. Smoking rules also apply to the gazebo, picnic and barbecue areas.
3. In accordance with the Board of Health rules, all persons shall take showers
before entering the pool.
4. The pool area is for the exclusive use of residents and their guests and is to be used only from 8:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. This time can be extended if requested of and approved by the Site Manager. The residents shall be responsible for the conduct of their guests at all times.
5. No lifeguard is on duty. Swim at your own risk.
6. Children not potty trained must wear plastic diapers in the pool.
7. Children under the age of 14 will not be allowed in the pool area unless
accompanied by an adult who remains within the pool area and who will be
responsible for the conduct and safety of the children at all times.
8. The Association of Homeowners assumes no liability.
9. No pets or food shall be permitted in the pool at any time. Food will be
allowed in gazebo, picnic and barbecue areas only. All beverages are to be in
plastic (non-glass) containers at all times. No glass containers or objects are allowed in the pool area at any time.
10. Board of Health Requirements (Sec. 61):
"All persons known to be or suspected of being afflicted with an infectious disease, suffering from a cough, cold or sores, or wearing bandages, shall be excluded from bathing in the swimming pool."
“Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose in the pool shall be strictly prohibited.”
11. There shall be no running, pushing, skating or skateboarding in the pool area.
12. Diving into the pool is prohibited at all times.
13. No scuba equipment, including face masks, fins, breathing tubes, rafts, inner tubes, toys, or other objects shall be allowed in the pool area without prior approval by the Site Manager. However, children's swimming aids defined as bubbles, floatation collars, and kick boards will be allowed in the pool area with proper adult supervision.
1. The parking stall appurtenant to an apartment is for the exclusive use of the apartment owner and no other person may use or occupy such stall without the permission of the owner. No guest parking is provided within the condominium area and guest(s) shall park outside the condominium area. Each parking stall is to be used only for parking an automobile, other motorized vehicle or bicycle all must be in complete compliance with Hawaii state law.
2. All vehicles shall be kept well maintained as not to detract from the appearance of the condominium area. All vehicles must be moved at the request of the Site Manager when maintenance is required to the parking area.
3. No vehicle shall make any loud or disturbing noises, including stereos.
4. Minor emergency repairs (i.e. changing a battery, tire or hose) will be permitted. Major repair work such as but not limited to, tune-ups, oil changes and other engine or transmission work is not allowed.
5. In the event a vehicle discharges fluid (oil, coolant, transmission fluid, etc.), the vehicle shall be removed from the property to prevent further damage. The owner of the apartment or their on-island manager, and the Site Manager shall be notified immediately. The Site Manager will clean or have the stall cleaned and the cost will be assessed to the apartment owner. With a minimum charge of $100.00
1. No pets or other animals whatsoever shall be kept in any part of the project, save and except those animals approved by the Board of Directors, and further save and except those pets of those unit owners, if any, who are lawfully keeping a pet(s) as of December 31, 2006, which owners shall not be subject to these rules but shall be entitled to keep the same pet or a replacement thereof as expressly allowed by HRS Chapter 514B. The board may adopt house rules restricting any such lawful pets, and in all events the owner of that unit shall be responsible for all damage to the common areas caused by pet(s) or those of a guest or tenant, and shall at all times obey applicable leash laws and avoid excessive noise which would constitute a nuisance.”
8. Building and Other Modifications
1. No awnings, shades, or any device, which may be seen from the exterior of the
building, shall be installed. Any proposed alterations to the interior or exterior of any apartment shall require the written approval of the Board of Directors.
2. No signs or lettering (including names) shall be inscribed or attached to any part of
the building, except as permitted by the Board, nor shall anything be allowed to
project out of any window or off any lanai.
3. No radio or T.V. antenna may be erected on the exterior of the building in keeping with any federal, state or local laws which otherwise mandate such erection.
4. No draperies, curtains, shades or other material placed against any window or door visible from the exterior shall be of a color other than white or off-white unless lined with a material of either color.
5. Unless the Board gives advance written approval in each instance, occupants shall
not install or operate in the premises any machinery, refrigerating, or heating devices,
or air conditioning apparatus, other than those originally installed, or use illumination
other than electric light, or use or permit to be brought into the building any
inflammable gases, oils, or fluids, such as gasoline or kerosene, or other material
deemed hazardous to life, limb or property.
6. Removing or trimming of plants, trees and shrubs shall be permitted, if approved in advance by the Site Manager and the President of the Board of Directors.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE HOUSE RULES WILL GIVE THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS THE FOLLOWING AUTHORITIES:
1. To enter the apartment in which, or as to which, such violation or breach exists and to abate
summarily and remove at the expense of the defaulting owner, any structure, thing, or
condition that may exist therein contrary to the intent and meaning of the provisions hereon
and the Board or the management firm shall not thereby be deemed guilty in any manner of trespass.
2. To enjoin, abate, or remedy by appropriate legal proceedings, either at law or in equity, the
continuance of any such breach, and all costs thereof, including Attorney's fees, shall be
borne by the defaulting owner.
FINES ENFORCEMENT POLICY
On January 13, 2009, the Board of Directors adopted the following schedule of fines for any violation of the Association’s Declaration, By-Laws or House Rules. These fines shall be imposed against the apartment owner. Owners will be responsible for their own actions and the actions of their tenants, family members, guests, agents, employees, or anyone else using the project that violates any project documents.
With each offense of any House Rule, a reasonable time frame will be allowed to correct the offense before it will be considered a new or Second Offense. Reasonable time frame will be the decision of the Board of Directors and or the Site Manager.
AMOUNT OF FINES
a. First Offense: A written citation.
b. Second Offense Of a Similar Nature: A written citation with $100.00 fine assessed to the owners account.
c. Third Offense Of a Similar Nature: A written citation with a $200.00 fine assessed to the owners account.
d. Fourth and Subsequent Offenses Of Similar Nature: A written citation with a $500.00 fine assessed to the owners account.
Each citation issued shall briefly describe the nature of the violation. Copies of citations issued to an offender who is the guest, family member, agent or employee of a tenant shall be sent to the tenant, property manager and the owner of the tenant’s apartment, as applicable.
Within (30) days of the date of the fine, the recipient of the fine shall have the right to appeal to the Board of Directors by mailing or delivering a written notice of appeal to the Board through the Managing Agent. The Board of Directors will acknowledge receipt of appeal, review and present a decision in writing to the owner within (60) days. The Board may reduce, suspend or cancel any citation or fine after consideration of the appeal.
The foregoing House Rules are hereby adopted and shall supersede any previous rules for the ROYAL KAHILI CONDOMINIUM, as of the 1st day of November 2009.
Cary was great at communicating with us. We emailed him that our plane was 6 hours late arriving and he replied very quickly. The condo was clean and ready for us. The pool, the fire pit and the BBQ areas were very nice. The building manager was available for any problems that we might have had. We had none. Located on south Ali'i Drive we could walk to a beach area. The building was quiet and clean even as renovation to a common area was underway. The unit could use some TLC and updating but we were not unhappy. Funny thing to complain about when you are on vacation but the wireless Internet is very slow especially in the evenings when we wanted to upload our pictures of the days adventures and post to Facebook.
very Nice place ! Well placed for the beach and everything.
Good contact with Cary.
A beautiful place to be for your trip un Kona !
Fantastic stay at Gates Beach! The residence was even better than shown in the photos. As soon as we unloaded our stuff, we crossed the street to the beach and in less than five minutes we saw a turtle on the shore!
The hosts were very accommodating, pointing out the best beaches for swimming and snorkeling. The location had a great book exchange, pool with deliciously warm water, beautiful grounds, and a supply of extra beach gear.