About this listing
Strategic location ideal BASE to discover ALL TUSCANY! Shared GARDEN, HIGHSPEED WIFI, buffet BREAKFAST & 2 BIKES at your disposal. This ENSUITE BEDROOM is one of the unique 2 distinguished rooms that we rent in our small small FAMILY B&B. Perfect place for those who travel by TRANSPORT (MAIN BUS STOP and TRAIN STATION just 5min walking through the town center) and BY CAR AS WELL (all the area is FREE PARKING). Cheap nice RESTAURANTS, PIZZAS, GROCERY, every kind of shops in the IMMEDIATE NEARBY!
THE ROOM (18 Sqm):
It was my room when I was a teeneger. Recently the room has been completely renovated while maintaining a family atmosphere and a modern creative style. THE ROOM is on the 1st FLOOR of our Apartment (No lift but we help you with your luggages :-)). The BATHROOM is EN-SUITE. So 100% PRIVATE as it's accessed from within your bedroom only.
- ROOM FACILITIES: Internet WIFI (In the entire Apt), 32" LCD TV, DVD PLAYER and some MOVIES, CEILING FAN, LAPTOP, SMALL PRIVATE TERRACE arranged with a small table and 2 chairs and accessible by a double gazed window door equipped with MOSQUITO NET. BIG double bed 160X190 cm (waterfoam, orthopedic mattress H 18 cm) , wardrobe, SOFA, 2 bedside tables, KETTLE with TEA, CHAMOMILE and a Bottle of Water. Real parquet floor.
The walls of your room are decorated with a lot of TIPS and SUGGESTION about places to visit, food and also info about transport.
- BATHROOM FACILITIES: a BIG SHOWER 100X80 cm, WC, washbasin, HAIRDRYER, shampoo, body & hands soap. There is NO bidet.
- PLUS: Next to the door of your Bedroom on the floor you have a SMALL FRIDGE (48LT) always at your disposal to share with the one or two eventual guests of our small B&B. 2 MOUNTAIN BIKES in the Garden at your disposal to share too.
- Bed & bath linen are free furnished and weekly changed. You'll find the room already prepared for a comfortable stay. :)
It's just on the perimeter of the historical center of Poggibonsi in a really SAFE and QUITE residential area. Thanks to its location you are able to reach both the MAIN TOWN CENTER and the NEAR COUNTRYSIDE just with a VERY SHORT WALK! The place is ideal to visit SIENA, SAN GIMIGNANO, the main CHIANTI area, CERTALDO, VOLTERRA, MONTERIGGIONI, FLORENCE, and many places off the usual tourist circuit. Also you can reach some Tuscan Beaches for daily trips and different parts of Tuscany. (FURTHER INFO ABOUT POGGIBONSI AND DISTANCES FROM THE MAIN TUSCAN ATTRACTIONS IN THE DESCRIPTION BELOW).
The apartment is on TWO FLOORS and it has a PRIVATE ENTRANCE by the building. The Apartment has a pvt small GARDEN which is equipped with GAZEBO, TABLE and a ROCKING CHAIR. Here you can relax whenever you want. During the summer You can enjoy al fresco breakfast.
In the spacious classic tuscan furnished LIVING ROOM (Ground Floor) you'll find:
- a DESK and PC with internet, PRINTER and SCANNER so if you need to print something don't hesitate to ask us to help you.
- 2 comfortable SOFAS, LCD TV and MANY BOOKS!!
- a BIG TABLE where we prepare your BREAKFAST
- a corner next to the table with ESPRESSO & COOKIES 24 hours!
All double gazed windows in the apt. Tuscan terracotta on the first floor of the apartment.
Please take a look also to the house rules section before of an eventual reservation. It's just for your pleasure.
You are allowed to the use of the shared spaces of the apartment:
Living Room and Garden. Obviously you can use all the things and equipments you'll find in these areas, except the BBQ.
You are NOT ALLOWED to the use of the Kitchen.
On request my mother Dolly will be very happy to prepare for you excellent private TUSCAN DINNER in the garden or in the Living Room according with the weather!
We provide you of a bunch of 3 keys:
- The Key of your private room
- The Key of the main door of our apartment
- The small Key of the locker of the bikes in the garden
In this way you are completely free and independent like in a hotel.
Interaction with guests
WHO WE ARE:
We would just like to make sure you know that you would be renting a private ensuite room in an apartment shared with us (yes, we're included in the price :-)
You'll share the apartment with my mother Dolly (employee) and my father Piero (engineer-teacher). I guarantee you that my parents are very friendly, youthful and open mind people. Mom and dad travel a lot and often they use Airbnb to book accommodations. We begin to rent this room (which was different and without bathroom en-suite when we started) three years ago as a joke but quickly we received a lot of reservations and immediately we felt great hosting people from all over the world! I live super close to the B&B so I will be happy to think about your check in, maps & tips providing...
Poggibonsi is a lovely town setting between Florence and Siena, very short distance from the freeway that collegue the two most famous cities of art. The Chianti Area is just next to Poggibonsi in fact from here you can drive directly the famous Chianti Road to reach the numerous small villages and hamlets of the wine region. San Gimignano and many others "must to see" are about 10 or 15 km away. The place is perfect also for those who love the nature but they don't want to give up the facilities of a town! In fact there are a lot of paths in the countryside around Poggibonsi and some of them go to connect to the VIA FRANCIGENA, the famous Pilgrimage route. Poggibonsi is characterized by an ancient Fortress and the historical small town center. The town is very reach in services and activities compared to other villages of the area and also it's excellent base to move as it's served by train and buses too!
DISTANCES AND MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN THE AREA
-Siena City Center: 32 Km (Freeway), 25 Min by car, easy parking in Siena.
- San Gimignano: 11 Km, 10 Minutes. Towers everywhere!
- Chianti Area: It's just out of Poggibonsi. We'll be happy to suggest you some excellent wine farms to visit and different Chianti routes to drive ! :)
-Monteriggioni: 9 Km, 10 Minutes. The unique medieval village which still preserve entire circle walls. Go to take a walk upster! :)
- Certaldo: 13 Km, 15 Minutes. A short visit to Palazzo Pretorio is highly recommended!
- Volterra: 35 Km, 45 minutes driving an amazing panoramic road!
- San Galgano Abbey: 40 Km, 40 minutes through the stunning Maremma countriside to arrive in such a spiritual timeless place in the middle of the nothing. Along the road (half way) the cheapest high quality restaurant for the FLORENTINE BEEF (Restaurant La Speranza), no good if you are looking for a luxury place but full of local people :)
- Natural reserve of BRENNA (Stigliano). Just 35 minutes driving. Here also a river where you can swim. Ideal for a day of full relax or for long walks!
- Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza, San Filippo natural SPA. This area of Val d'Orcia it's ideal for a full day trip.
- Pisa & Lucca: 80 Km 1h,20min by Car
- Near Beaches: 1h,30min (Castiglione della Pescaia, Gulf of Populonia, Marina di Bibbona)
- Florence is near but because of the traffic and the problem with the parking we suggest you to use the bus which is very comfortable for a daily trip. Just 45 minutes to reach the main City Center from Poggibonsi.
The train and Bus station is just 5 minutes walking from our apartment. An excellent bus service permit you to arrive directly in San Gimignano in 15 minutes, Siena City Center 30 min. Monteriggioni 15 min. Colle di Val d'Elsa 5 min by bus or 45 minutes by bike through the countryside (very suggestive landscape), Florence SMN 45 min. Certaldo 10 min. and PISA 1h and 20 min by train. A lot of train and buses, especially to Siena, Florence, Pisa and San Gimignano every hours from the early morning till 9 - 10 pm.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- For those who are travelling by transportation but they would like to have a car for just few days there is a small CAR HIRE JUST 2 MINUTES WALKING FROM OUR APARTMENT. They have new Smart Car Fortwo. The rental it costs 55 Euro per day (24 Hours). In this case we can reserve it for you knowing in advance.
- In San Gimignano you can rent a Motor Vespa (which is for two people) for 65 Euro from the morning till the late afternoon. The name of the Hire Shop is Bellini Bruno and it's 1 miute walking from the bus stop. For guests who don't have a car It's a nice experience to enjoy the breathtaking countryside around San Gimignano characterized by hills covered of vineyards and olive groves. This is a good way also to visit some Wine Farms for example FATTORIA DI POGGIO ALLORO which is just 5 Km from San Gimignano. It's an organic small authentic farm very very interesting and not commercial. They produce local biological wines and they have also animals. A complete wine tour it cost about 15 Euro per person and includes also the testing of further products: cheese, salami and so on.
Poggibonsi is CHEAPER than many close touristic places like San Gimignano and it's an AWESOME SPOT to move all around Tuscany area. Lovely and characteristic Town centre with few small picturesque squares that on summer nights are filled of local people, especially on Thursday. The CITY MARKET take places on Tuesday morning in the area next to the train station. It could be a nice occasion to have a look before to take a train to Certaldo for example ;) At one of the various stand you can also testing some classic of the Tuscan CULINARY TRADITION to take away such as the famous SANDWITCH WITH SPECIAL MEAT or further simple dishes made with local products. On Friday the city market take places in COLLE DI VAL D'ELSA. It's a medieval village accessible from Poggibonsi by a path (8 Km) only for people walking or cycling which crossing the countryside. The path is easy to cycling or walk as it's almost flat. You can use the bikes at your disposal to get to this lovely town and visit the medieval high part of it! This path is ideal for people that want to get in touch with NATURE and it begins just 150 meters from our apartment!
If you have the time it's highly recommended a walking on the ancient walls of the CASSERO FORTRESS in Poggibonsi, with spectacular view on Chianti Hills. Here you'll find also a small ARCHEOLOGICAL SITE. You can reach the Cassero from the apartment in about 10 minutes by bike or 25 min walking crossing the town center and then the city garden with the small lake and the Fountain of the Pixies. All the area is ideal for a relaxing day and it's a perfect place for jogging too! San Lucchese is a Church setting on the top of a small hill surrounded by VINEYARDS and OLIVE GROVES but so near to the center of the town! In the area around this church Every year On April 28th is celebrated the patron of Poggibonsi and all the inhabitants of the closer villages come here to enjoy the feast and the fireworks at night.
The so called PALIO DEL PIGIO is another event that take place in Poggibonsi the end of September (sometime early October) during the harvest time. It consist in a historical competition between different districts of the town and local people are called to tread the grapes in the square of the center.
One time per week (usually on Thursday) starting from the spring to the early Autumn the shops of the center are open till midnight. In additional to this 3 times per year the owners of the shops they organized a real white night in the historical center and in the squares there are a lot of different kind of shows with dencer, artists, musicians and so on.. No worry we are in the center but in a very close residential area which is always quite. Few times during the year on Saturday and Sunday there are gastronomic events like the Street Food Week End and others cultural occurrences. However Poggibonsi is mainly a quite time town and if you are looking for a silent corner in the center always you'll be able to find your tailored place ;)
At your arrival we will give you also the MAP OF THE RESTAURANTS OF POGGIBONSI with the places that we recommend to you in the town center:
- I LOVE YOU WINERY (Winery and light lunch/dinner)
- OSTERIA DA CAMILLO (Cheap but excellent quality Tuscan specialties)
- TINGEL TANGEL (Thin excellent pizza or exclusive cuisine)
- RISTORANTE ANGELO (Pizza Neapolitan style or fish dishes)
- TRATTORIA PIAZZA DI' GIOCO (Home made restaurant)
- POLITEAMA WINE BAR & SYMPOSIUM WINE BAR (For cocktails or aperitif)
- ARTURO'S PUB (Beer and Irish style bar, many young people here at night).
You'll find also many tips in your Room about others restaurant in the countryside or into some wine farm where you can test Florentine Beef. There are restaurants for every different occasions, from exclusive & romantic to cheap but really authentic!!! :)
At your disposal in your room also the maps of Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Chianti area and all the sites of interest.
If you had read all this long long description really me and my family hope to see you soon!! :D
Other things to note
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Highspeed wifi 24h/7d
- Bed & bath linen (weekly changed)
- Buffet breakfast
- Soap, shampoo, hairdryer, toilet paper, so on..
- Tea, chamomile, espresso
- 2 bikes
- a lot of maps :)
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDE:
- FINAL CLEANING of the room: 15 Euro payable at the arrival in cash.
- TOURISM TAX: 1 Euro per person per night for the first 5 nights of a stay. Children under 12 years free of charge (validity period from 1 March to 31 October) In accordance with the municipal regulation.
EXTRA SERVICES (On Request):
- Private Tuscan dinner
- Laundry service
- The PRICE NOT INCLUDE 15 Euro for the final cleaning of the room to be payed in cash at the arrival. Also tourist tax is not included: It's 1 Euro per person per night for the first 5 nights of a stay from 1st March to 31 October (Children under 12 y o free of charges).
- USE OF THE HOUSE: It´s all yours (ours ;-) ) so use it all! Living room, TV, garden, but you're NOT ALLOWED to use of the KITCHEN but you'll find a small fridge (43LT) in front of the door of your room. It's to shared with the 2 guests of the other one room that we rent.
- Please don't smoke in the room and don't smoke in the others internal areas of the apartment. You can smoke in the Garden or in your private terrace.
- Check in and Check out are very flexible. WHEN POSSIBLE we are happy to offer you the best solution you'll need. Please one day before your check in date let us know about what time do you think to arrive.
Ask us if you need anything...that´s what we're here for. This really is the only rule.
This host has a Flexible Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of the trip and the first night is non-refundable, with the exception of fees.
This host has 56 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello! I'm 33 y.o and I live in Tuscany, very close to Chianti area between Siena and Florence. I love to travel and I'd like to meet people from all over the world. I have travelled a lot since I was a child! I visited most of Europe and North Africa. I lived for few months in Madrid and then Canary Islands. I went to Cuba and New York and I want to go to discover North America as soon es possible! My most recent travels have been to Bali, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Budapest and Tokyo. I'm interested in oriental ways of life and food, but I think that everyone has something to teach me and I'm curious to lern new things. I had worked as waiter in a typic Tuscan Osteria and then in a Sushi Restaurant. Now I work on my own so I have more time for my guests! I work in Tourism and I love my jobs. Photography and travels are my biggest passions! Thanks to Airbnb I have found a way to travel also when I have to stay at home! All guests are different and Everybody leave me a piece of his Country, something new to learn! It's cool to have so many friends all around the world :) !
I like to do jogging and cycling and keep in touch with the nature. I speak Italian, English and Spanish. About my real job, me and my best friend Niccolò help our friends who have beautiful Villas or apartments in the nearby countryside to rent so special accomodations whitout using big international tourist agencies to preserve chepest prices and best services for an authentic Tuscan experience! I'm planning an amazing travel all around the world to go to visit my Airbnb guests of these three years! I'm sure It will be a great experience! Hope to be able to make it next winter.. maybe :D
If you are reading my profile, me and my family hope to see you soon!!