About this listing
Well equipped ROOM + PVT BATHROOM EN SUITE, in a real Tuscan Family Apt, WIFI, BREAKFAST and 2 BIKES INCLUDED! QUITE, SAFE & CENTRAL AREA, BUS&TRAIN STATION JUST 500MT away! FREE PARKING. Nice countryside path in the nearby
IN YOUR ROOM:
- PVT Bathroom inside of the room itself!
- Movies DVD Player
- Big TV
- Ceiling Fan
- Sofa Area with small Table and PC at your disposal
- Private Terrace
- Kettle with Tea..
- Soap & Shampoo
- WiFi 24H
(A small Fridge 4 U on the floor)
STRATEGIC LOCATION. The Apartment is situated in the centre of Poggibonsi, a small town between Siena and Florence, PERFECT BASE TO DISCOVER ALL TUSCANY CLOSE TO CHIANTI AREA!! It' s Ideal for those traveling by car but also by train or bus.
The train and Bus station is just 5 minutes walking from our apartment. An excellent bus service permit you to arrive directly in San Gimignano in 15 minutes, Monteriggioni 15 m, Colle di Val d'Elsa 10 m, Siena city centre 30 m, Volterra 45 m, Florence SMN 45 minutes. Certaldo 10 m. and PISA 1h by train.
The APARTMENT is located in a really QUITE and SAFE AREA with NO parking problems. Good and Cheap Restaurants, pizzas, bars, Cinemas, pharmacies, banks, different kind of shops, coins laundries and supermarkets in the immediate nearby! Nice Walk and cycling Path few meters from the house.
-The APARTMENT is arranged on two floors and it has a private entrance by the building. We have a small GARDEN where you can relax whenever you want. During the summer You can also enjoy your breakfast there. In the living room (Ground Floor) there is a desk with a PC always working with internet, printer and scanner at your disposal. Here we prepare some brochures and maps of the area and we'll be happy to help you if you need some more information and every kind of suggestion possible.
-The ROOM (16 sam included en suite bathroom) is situated on the 1st Floor (No lift but we help you with your luggages :-)) It has a PRIVATE SMALL BALCONY arranged with a small table and two chairs. In the Room you will find a Laptop PC, a small Sofa, an LCD TV 32" with DVD player and some movies (Also in english language), a ceiling fan lamp holder, a wardrobe, (1 bottle of water, a kettle, tea and chamomile for you)... All as you can see in the photos. Keys for your Room, total security!
The BED: a double bed 160X190 (waterfoam, orthopedic mattress H 18 cm)
-The BATHROOM is an en suite bathroom inside of the room itself to guarantee you an highly level of privacy!. It's equipped with a large Shower (100cm x 80cm), WC with soft close, Washbasin. There is NO Bidet. Shampoo, Soap, Hair dryer at your disposal.
- BED & BATH LINEN are free furnished and you'll find the room already prepared for a comfortable stay. :)
- WiFi is Free and it works in all the apartment, also in the garden.
- BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED in the Price.
On request We can prepare for you Classic Tuscan dinner in the garden or in the big table in the Living Area as you prefer.
In your Room you'll find a lot of information about the use of the House and about the area with directions for the nearest Coin Laundry, Take away Pizzas and so on. Internet sites of National & regional Bus Services, regional trains, museum booking in Florence and so on.. Also you'll find some samples of short trips in the nearest villages or Chianti Area, places to visit in Poggibonsi and also some samples of daily trips to the beaches for example!
We rent only two Double Rooms in our apartment (each one with its own bathroom ensuite) so it could be nice to chat with the other guests having a Tuscan dinner together :)
You are allowed to the use of:
- the Living Room (Sofas, TV, books, a big table and so)
- the Garden and all its equipment (Gazebo, Table & Chairs, Rocking sofa) Not allowed to the use of the BBQ
- the Desk with PC and printer that is situated in the aisle under the stairs.
- Obviusly you'll can use all the things you will find in your Bedroom and in your Bathroom.
You are NOT allowed to the use of the Kitchen but you'll find a small fridge (43LT) in front of the door of your room. It's to shared with the 2 guests of the other one room that we rent.
On request, we can arrange for you a quintessential Tuscan meal or home made pizza and serve you like in a private home restaurant. :)
We rent only 2 Bedrooms, each one with its own private en suite Bathrooms with Shower so in the house there is a family atmosphere. It's absolutely not like an Hotel. The Two bedrooms have very different furnitures. So Don't worry, we never change the room to our guests. At the arrival you'll have the room that you had booked! 100% guaranteed! :)
Interaction with Guests
Who We Are:
We would just like to make sure you know that you would be renting a private en-suite room in an apartment shared with us (yes, we're included in the price :-) !
I'm Roberto, 32 yo. I work on my own as property manager in collaboration with a dynamic and young incoming agency of the area and for some locals at the same time. I'm lucky to be able to manage my time.. At least I try ;) I live just 5 minutes walking from my parents's house , so from the B&B and I will be happy to think about your breakfast, check in, maps & tips providing. I will remain at your disposal for the entire time of your stay. You'll share the apartment with my mother Dolly (employee) and my father Piero (engineer-teacher). I guarantee you that my parents are very friendly, youthful and open mind people. Mom and dad travel a lot and often they use airbnb or similar site to book accommodations.
INFO FOR THOSE WHO VISIT TUSCANY BY CAR OR TRANSPORTATION
Distance from our house to:
Florence City Center: 43 Km (Freeway), 45 Min by Bus, 1 Hour by train.
Siena City Center: 32 Km (Freeway), 25 Min by Train, 35 Min by Bus.
Monteriggioni: 9 Km, 10 Minutes by Train
S. Gimignano: 11 Km, 10 Minutes by Bus
Certaldo: 13 Km, 15 Minutes by Train
Castellina & Radda in Chianti: 14 - 17 Km
Volterra: 35 Km
Pisa: 80 Km (1h,20min by Car, 1h,15min by Train)
Lucca: Same distance of Pisa
Our suggestion is to stay a minimum of 3 nights. 4 nights if you want also go to visit Florence from Here. (To go to Florence we highly recommend to not use the car but Transportation).
SAMPLE OF A COMPLETE PLAN OF WHAT YOU CAN VISIT FROM HERE
IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING BY BUS & TRAIN:
- DAY 1
Arrive in the afternoon and have a relax time at the CASSERO FORTRESS of Poggibonsi and the Park. (You can take also bikes to go there). Dinner in the Historical center in a classic cheap Tuscan Osteria.
- DAY 2
Go to Visit Siena by Train. Stop at the Castellina Scalo train station (Just 10 minutes by train) and walk a pedastrian path for about 2 Km to reach the medieval Village of MONTERIOGGIONI which is the unique place that still preserve entire circular walls. You can also walk upster and enjoy the panorama of the Countryside and of the Village itself. Close to Monteriggioni there is also a excellent Tuscan Bar and Restaurants where they made amazing big Sandwitches! Then go back to the small Train Station of Castellina (Just 15 minutes walking) and continue by train to Siena (Other 15 minutes).
In the late morning or early afternoon visit SIENA. I highly recommend a visit inside of the Dom even if you are not religious or if you are not interested in art because it's breathaking and really singular! You can take a Coffe in the historical Nannini Bar in the center of Siena. Here also you'll find a lot of local sweeties products such as Cantuccini, Ricciarelli Biscuits, Panforte, Quintessential of Siena! If you have the time you can also go up to the top of the Tower of Mangia! Not miss a cup of tea in the Most characteristic Tea Room of Italy in the area behind of Campo Square. Salimbeni Square! A short visit to the Fortress of Siena and a walk in the norrow paths close to San Domenico Abbey from where you have an amazing view of Siena Skyline! In the evening, or night, if you prefer you can take a bus from the heart of Siena town center to Poggibonsi, about 35 Minutes. (Usually there is almost one Bus and also 1 train every hour in both directions Siena and Florence from Poggibonsi).
- Day 3
Catch a bus to SAN GIMIGNANO (10 Minutes). Here you have to possibility. One is to visit the center of the Village for half a day and then take again the bus and go to visit another medieval town, for example Certaldo which is amazing too! ANother solution is to rent a Motorbike or Scooter at Bellini Bruno in San Gimignano and have a ride through the real Tuscan Countryside all around San Gimignano which is full of vineyards, Olive groves, amazing not touristic small hamlets like Montauto with breathaking view (just 4 Km from San Gimignano), and also you can go by motorbike to visit some excellent Winefarms in the nearby. For example the POGGIO ALLORO Winefarm where you'll find also good biological local wines! By motorbike or Scooter you can also reach Volterra from San Gimignano driving for about 30 Km in a fantastic panoramic road!
- DAY 4
Go to visit FLORENCE by BUS (about 45 Minutes)
If you are not interested to visit Museum one entire day in Florence is sufficient to discover all the areas of the city center walking! Don't miss the opportunity to test the famous Sandwitch with "(URL HIDDEN) at the Central Market in the area of San Lorenzo. Go to see the panorama from Piazzale Michelangelo and also from the Church of San Miniato al Monte, just behinf of Piazzale Michelangelo. Have a walk along the River Arno in the area of San Niccolò and have a coffè at one of the numerous Bars in Santo Spirito Square close to Palazzo Pitti. Crossing the Arno River. Take a look outside of the Uffizi and Piazza della Signoria. From here you can reach the Giotto Tower and the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral in just 2 minutes walking. Go direction Piazza della Repubblica and from here have a walk in the luxurious street Via de' Tornabuoni where you'll find all the most famous brands of the Made in Italy! From Ponte Santa Trinita you will enjoy a specacular view of the Old Bridge! Go back by bus or train as you prefer. The last one usually it depart around 10 pm.
- DAY 5
During the Morning, after breakfast, take the bikes and go for a ride in a nice path (only for bikes and people walking, ideal also for jogging) which runs for about 8 Km in the countryside till the village of Colle di Val d'Elsa which is famous for the Crystal Production. In fact in the downtown you'll find the museum of Crystal. But the best part of Colle is the high part of the town which is not still touristic like San Gimignano. You can reach the top of Colle easily thanks to a free elevator open 24 hours per day! You can leave your bikes close tot he elevator in downtown as we'll provide you of the locker. However the entire area is very safe so don't worry ;)
You can go the trip to Colle di Val d'Elsa in half a day so the entire morning or maybe less it could be sufficient. Then you can check out and leave for your next destination or to go back at home if your holiday it's going to the end :)
Consider that check in Time is around 12 or 13 Pm but you can leave your luggages here if you need. We just need the room available for the cleaning around Noon.
Many of our guests also go to visit Pisa from here. Pisa is about 1 hour and 15 minutes by train from Here. In Pisa there is not so much to visit. The leaning Tower in the Campo Square and the Town center. Especially the area along the Arno river which is suggestive.
SAMPLE OF A COMPLETE PLAN OF WHAT YOU CAN VISIT FROM HERE
IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING BY CAR:
You can visit the some places written above.
About Siena don't worry it's not busy like Florence and you can easily find a cheap Parking at the Parking of the Soccer Stadium which is situated in the heart of Siena Town Center.
BY car you have the opportunity to visit also:
- Volterra (which is about 40 minutes away driving in an amazing panoramic Road, different from Chianti Area Countryside).
- The main Villages of the Chianti Area such as Castellina in Chianti, Radda in Chianti and Gaiole in Chianti. This area is a big forest with hills covered of vineyards and oak trees and with many winefarms! I highly recommend to visit also the small hamlet of FONTERUTOLI which is also a winefarm and a nice restaurant where you can have lunch in a wonderful terrace surrounded by vineyards! It's located between Castellina and Siena along the Via del Chianti. Another nice farm is Rocca delle Macie. Also L'Aiola is very nice and they still have the original historical cellars!! Brolio's Castle (RICASOLI FAMILY) also, in the heart of the Chianti it's amazing!
- THE ANTINORI WINEFARM which is close to the village of Bargino, very close to the freeway Poggibonsi Florence (About 15 minutes by car). It's famous for the excellent wines but also for the architecture of the farm itself which is entirely built inside of a hill completely covered by specatcular vineyards! (For the visits we suggest you to book it on advance).
- By car you can also go to the area of BRENNA where the Maremma starts! Here there is a natural reserve with a nice river where it's possible to swim! It's about 30 minutes from Poggibonsi. Not far from Siena and from the ricefield area. The Natural Bath of PETRIOLO are just few Kilometers more from Brenna so you can go there also. Just continue the road direction Grosseto for 10 minutes more.
- SAN GALGANO ABBEY: It's the famous Abbey which missed the Roof as it was used during the world war for the amament production. It's a very spiritual and suggestive place! Ideal if you like to take photos!
- MONTEPULCIANO, MONTALCINO, BAGNO VIGNONI; SAN CASCIANO DEI BAGNI are all in the same area of Val d'Orcia and you can visit this area in an entire day trip. As you can reach this area in about one hour from poggibonsi.
- LUCCA and PISA are both about 1 hour and 30 Minutes from here.
- During the Summer you can also reach nice beaches of Sout Tuscany for example CASTIGLIONE DELLA PESCAIA and ARGENTARIO PROMONTORY in about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Also the nice beach of BARATTI and POPULONIA along the ETRUSCAN RIVIERA is very nice and ideal for a daily trip!
GOOD TO KNOW:
For those who are travelling by transportation but they would like to have a car for just few days there is a small CAR RENTAL JUST 2 MINUTES WALKING FROM OUR APARTMENT. They have new Smart Car Fortwo and Forfour. The ForTwo it costs 55 Euro per day (24 Hours). The ForFour it costs 65 Euro per day (24 Hours). Some promotional fares are available for the week end. In this case we can reserve it for you knowing on advance.
Poggibonsi is cheaper than many nearby truistic places and super well located to discover a lot parts of Tuscany. Nice characteristic Town centre with many different kind of restaurants, pizzas and Tuscan Osterias. Here you'll find all you need also supermarkets, pharmacies, 3 cinemas, bars and so on.
For people that want to get in touch with NATURE there is a bicycle-walk path that start just 150 metres from the house. It was an ancient railroad through the country for 8km that arrive in the centre of Colle Val d'elsa where you can get an elevator to visit the old town of Colle. (In case We have Two Bikes And helmets for you!). Also you can walking to the ancient fortess of Cassero (wonderful Chianti Hills view) and the Fountain of the Pixies. You can reach also the San Lucchese's Church walking, or going to discover some old castles in the nearest woods.
Other Things to Note
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
Free WiFi, Breakfast, Soap, Shampoo, Hairdryer in your bathroom, The use of two Bikes and helmets, Bed and bath linen. Heating. Water, tea and camomile in your room.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDE:
- Tourism Tax: 1 Euro per person per night for maximum 5 nights of a stay. Children under 12 years free of charge (validity period from 1 March to 31 October)
- Final Cleaning of the Room: 15 Euro to be payed in cash at the arrival.
Please Read the section House Rules
- The PRICE NOT INCLUDE 15 Euro for the final cleaning of the room to be payed in cash at the arrival. Also tourist tax is not included: It's 1 Euro per person per night for the first 5 nights of a stay from 1st March to 31 October (Children under 12 y o free of charges).
- USE OF THE HOUSE: It´s all yours (ours ;-) ) so use it all! Living room, TV, garden, but you're NOT ALLOWED to use of the KITCHEN but you'll find a small fridge (43LT) in front of the door of your room. It's to shared with the 2 guests of the other one room that we rent.
- Please don't smoke in the room and don't smoke in the others internal areas of the apartment. You can smoke in the Garden or in your private terrace.
- Check in and Check out are very flexible. WHEN POSSIBLE we are happy to offer you the best solution you'll need. Please one day before your check in date let us know about what time do you think to arrive.
Ask us if you need anything...that´s what we're here for. This really is the only rule.
Hello! I'm 33 y.o and I live in Tuscany, very close to Chianti area between Siena and Florence. I love to travel and I'd like to meet people from all over the world. I have travelled a lot since I was a child! I visited most of Europe and North Africa. I lived for few months in Madrid and then Canary Islands. I went to Cuba and New York and I want to go to discover North America as soon es possible! My most recent travels have been to Bali, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Budapest and Tokyo. I'm interested in oriental ways of life and food, but I think that everyone has something to teach me and I'm curious to lern new things. I had worked as waiter in a typic Tuscan Osteria and then in a Sushi Restaurant. Now I work on my own so I have more time for my guests! I work in Tourism and I love my jobs. Photography and travels are my biggest passions! Thanks to Airbnb I have found a way to travel also when I have to stay at home! All guests are different and Everybody leave me some of his Country, something new to learn! It's cool to have so many friends all around the world :) !
I like to do jogging and cycling and keep in touch with the nature. I speak Italian, English and Spanish. About my real job, me and my best friend Niccolò help our friends who have beautiful Villas or apartments in the nearby Country-Side to rent these special accomodations whitout using big international tourist agencies to preserve chepest prices and best services for an authentic Tuscan experience! I'm planning an amazing travel all around the world to go to visit my Airbnb guests of these two years! I'm sure It will be a great experience! Hope to be able to make it next winter.. maybe :D
If you are reading my profile I hope to see you soon!!