This lovely and brand new flat has 2 large rooms, a bathroom, a living room + a kitchen. It is fully renovated and decorated with all brand new furnitures.
Let me describe this new beauty with more details;
Each 2 rooms have double beds. There's also a comfy sofa bed in the living room, so 5 people can live happily.
The kitchen is in the living room and has everything you may need to cook. There's a table for 5 people, if you want to eat at home. There's a large LED satellite TV in the living room and air-condition. There's washing machine, and a fridge in the kitchen.
In the bathroom, you'll find shampoos, soap, shower gel, hair dryer and of course towels for each.
The flat is located in between Taksim and Kabatas. With 6 minutes walking up, you can reach Taksim square where the city's heart beats. With 4 minutes walking down, you can reach Kabatas where you can take the light railway system to the old historic town of Sultanahmet and Grand Bazaar. Also in Kabatas, you can take the boat to Asian side and to the beautiful Princess Islands.
It is 7 minutes walking down from where airport shuttles drop you off in Taksim.
Me or my mom will give you the keys of this lovely experience. We are always available for any of your questions.
Smoking is not allowed inside the flat.
The building is a family apartment, so please respect all the neighbors about the voice and everything.
Lovely apartment in a great location! You do have to climb a lot of stairs when going into the centre of town but it's great for you health! Would definitely recommend when visiting Istanbul!
Muge was very nice and welcoming.
Even though we arrived quite late she was gently and everything was prepared for our arrival.
The flat itself is a lovely place to stay and Istanbul is an exciting and very interesting city.
Thank you very much, Muge. :)
An incredible place! Great location and gracious host. Note, however, that the flat is at the bottom level so light can be limited at times. The set up of the apartment was wonderful, giving its guests some privacy yet common space. Very clean and nicely appointed. The grocery store around the corner had most essentials and is a nice convenience. The central location for tourists is a big plus, yet living among the friendly Turkish people was great. Guests need to be in good shape, or want to improve their aerobics to handle the hills and steps at this location.
This spacious apartment is fantastically located – convenient by foot to almost every major attraction, restaurants and shopping. For the price, you couldn’t do better in a hotel. There are a few things to be aware of, however:
- We didn’t have good contact with the host. For check-in details 2.5 days before our trip, after waiting all day for a reply (we sent two messages starting in the morning) we had to get Airbnb to intervene on our behalf. Once we were in Turkey, Muge didn’t reply to her personal e-mail (only through the Airbnb site) and for most inquiries we needed to e-mail twice before we got a response. From our understanding, Muge was always reachable by phone but we preferred to e-mail as calls from our cell phones (roaming) are expensive.
- Upon arriving late at night (hungry and thirsty) we were greeted by Muge’s housekeeper. Muge did not leave any water or a note telling us where we could find local stores or restaurants. Since the housekeeper only spoke Turkish, we couldn’t ask her. We called Muge and she kindly gave us this information: there is a store very conveniently located just around the corner, and a wonderful restaurant at the top of the street called “The Kebab” that I highly recommend!
- The beds, especially the one in the master bedroom, were very uncomfortable: the mattresses were really hard with protruding springs and the duvets were too small for two people to share.
The apartment was located at street level with the master bedroom street-adjacent. The street was usually quiet, but passers-by and deliveries at night woke us often. The second bedroom was very quiet.
- We didn’t have enough of some supplies for our six-day stay. Specifically, there were no paper-towels, no garbage bags, not enough toilet paper, not enough shampoo.
- There were enough towels for us, but one of the bath towels had a huge hole in it.
- The apartment has ample kitchen appliances to prepare a continental breakfast. There isn’t much workable counter space so don’t expect to be able to cook dinner. Having said that, the food in Turkey is so good, it would be a waste to eat in the apartment!
- On the Airbnb site this apartment is advertised to have a doorman and clothes dryer, but it has neither.
We had a good time staying at the Happy Home provided by Muge. Although the location of the apartment was a bit hard to find, the road was a bit hard to walk outside the apartment, but this kind of road are expected from that area. The interior of the house was very good, the furniture are new and the bed is really comfortable. Although we didn't get to meet Muge, but her staffs was friendly and useful.
This host has 140 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I can call myself as a travel addict. I travelled and lived in all around the world. I know very well what a traveller is looking for during the trip. So I will do my best to provide you the most unforgettable Istanbul experience.
Hope to see you soon