About this listing
**PLEASE READ OUR FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE SENDING ANY QUESTIONS, THANK YOU KINDLY**
This is your ultimate Williamsburg, Brooklyn holiday apartment! Located on South 4th Street between Bedford Ave and Driggs St. If you wan't to experience all the best parts of New York City, Williamsburg is the ideal place to base yourself to explore all the amazing sites and sounds of Brooklyn, Manhattan and beyond.
Feel like a true New Yorker (and Brooklynite) and stay in this beautifully appointed and spacious 2 Bedroom (plus Sofa Bed) apartment, with its exposed brick walls, high ceilings and leafy outlook. Williamsburg is truly one of the nicest neighborhoods in NYC and is going through a cultural boom, with many of New York's best Restaurants, Bars, Cafes, Galleries, Fashion Boutiques, Vintage clothing stores, Furniture & Design stores and Music venues on your front doorstep - right here at South 4th Street on the corner of Bedford Avenue!
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
The apartment if filled with sun light, sunrise to sunset, looking out on to a classic tree-lined Brooklyn street.
- Have beautifully appointed Queen-sized beds, large drawers and wardrobes. Both bedrooms have two large windows that receive lots of natural light all day.
- Spacious, fully-equipped, with all the room you need to prepare Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
- Dining table that seats up to 6
- Tea & Coffee as well as other food basics are provided.
- Bright and airy, with a big bath tub and shower.
- Huge space with large comfy sofa, that can fold out into a Full sized sofa bed.
- Book case full of books and magazines with hours of good reading!
ROOFTOP VIEWS OF MANHATTAN SKYLINE
- As seen in opening photo - enjoy access to the roof where you can see the whole NYC skyline.. see sunsets, fireworks and big blue skies!
- WiFi (High speed) internet is included.
- ALL Towels & Linen are provided.
== THIS IS A NON-SMOKING APARTMENT ==
The apartment is conveniently located a few minutes walk from 2 subway lines:
L SUBWAY LINE (10 min walk)
- 1 stop to the East Village, 3 stops to Union Square and 4 stops to the middle of the Meatpacking District (West Village and Chelsea).
J/M/Z SUBWAY LINE (5 min walk)
1 stop to the Lower East Side and 3 stops to the Financial District (Wall Street, Freedom Tower, WTC Memorial and Staten Island Ferry).
These subway lines makes commuting across to Manhattan and anywhere in NYC extremely easy from here.
FROM THE AIRPORT:
- We're an easy and quick cab ride from both JFK and La Guardia Airports. Public Transport to and from is also possible, with directions upon request.
- Newly opened - SUMMERS Juice & Coffee, located directly underneath. Serving Freshly squeezed juice, cold press juice, coffee, sandwiches and baked goods.
- 2 Laundromats within 2 blocks and a Dry cleaner on the corner.
- Deli - for all you basic needs - next door.
- Williamsburg Bridge - one block away - for a spectacular view of Manhattan and the East River.
- Citibike (NYC's new bike share program) - 2 bike stations within one block.
*** CHECK OUT OUR GUIDEBOOK FOR ALL OUR FAVORITE LOCAL SPOTS ***
FAVORITE LOCAL RESTAURANTS (within 5-10 mins walk)
- Pies and Thighs, Isa, Dumont, Maison Premiere, Diner, Marlow and Sons and Peter Luger's Steakhouse.
You really won't find a better place than this to base yourself in NYC!
Our place is extremely relaxed, we're flexible with check-in and out times and guests are free to come and go to explore the city as they please.
- We only ask that if guests return after midnight that they try to be respectful to our neighbours and remain as quiet as possible.
- No guests other than those booked may enter the apartment at any time.
- Guests are more than welcome to make use of any food that is in the apartment but to be considerate and replace any items that they finish.
Perfectly located apartment in Williamsburg. Very spacious for 4 people. A/C worked well to cool the flat and we had no problems whilst staying there and the hosts were always extremely quick to respond to questions. Luggage storage was also arranged upon check out.
The apartment is located on an ideal street in South Williamsburg for dining and entertainment in the local area with many excellent places very nearby. The subway is a few minutes walk and the pedestrian entrance to the W'burg Bridge is even closer. The neighborhood has a distinctive Spanish vibe with many families in the building itself and nearby who spent much time congregating on the street and enjoying each other's company with food and music. Parking was free and easily available on-street directly in front of the building for us. I felt generally very safe with my car there for several days with so many people around (sometimes leaning on my car).
The building itself feels Havanaesque on entering. Corridor in pastels, delicious smells of cooking food from the various sometimes open doors, tiled flooring.
The apartment itself was spacious and appropriately appointed. I was in some way reminded of my grandmother's inner city home but now owned and loved by my college friends. The city was in the midst of a heat wave. Air conditioning in each of the bedrooms was gloriously sufficient ad loco. Mattresses and bedding enjoyed each evening for a rest. Pull-out bed not used. Plenty of glassware and flatware was available. Yes, there were ice trays. Kitchen equipment appeared very reasonable but under-utilized this time around. Bathroom as expected with shower that felt generally baptismal. Towels, hair dryer, etc.
No issues with noise from our perspective.
Would certainly stay again if they would have us.
Giles and Zoe were good hosts and as we were leaving on a late flight, they kindly arranged somewhere for us to store our luggage. Flat was clean and handy for subway. Williamsburg is an up and coming area but is a little run down in places. Fine base for younger travellers but as a family we were a little nervous walking back from the subway late in the evening. Staff in Summers juice bar downstairs very friendly and we recommend the delicious range of bagels on offer at the bagel shot on the corner.
We had a wonderful time in this spacy apartment. It was bigger than expected and it is perfect for a party of 4. The beds are comfortable and the towels too. Our teenaged kids were happy with the good working (website hidden) in the bedrooms helps to reduce the heat as it was quiet hot in NYC. It was noisy from the streets but we heard nothing from other people living next door. The neighborhood is fantastic. So much to discover. Don't miss the East Ferry boat trip to DUMBO at sundown. It is just a short walk down the street. Back to JFK we took the MTA from Marcy St. That works perfect.
So thank you Giles and Zoe having such perfect days at the big apple.
Giles and Zoe's Bright and Beautiful apartment is nicely located in Williamsburg Brooklyn, which was actually quite a nice place to be with our family. Before this we more or less thought that New York was Manhattan. However there is a subway station and a watertaxi within 5 minutes to bring you to the center of the universe. We had a great time and space enough for our family of five. Giles and Zoe were very helpful. We would certainly would like to come back.
Giles and Zoe's place is great. It is easy to check in and they are flexible about check out. I ran into several problems that were quickly fixed and attended to. I locked myself out the day of my daughter's wedding (talk about stress) and their friend Chris saved the day driving from Manhattan (around the world cup parade) to let me in! The bedrooms are large and comfortable. The bathroom is small but common for New York apartments. An apartment that is not lived in has pros and cons. There is plenty of closet and drawer space but the kitchen has fewer things. Overall, this is a great place to stay and is well located.
Bel appartement très lumineux, bien situé dans un quartier sympa, proche toutes commodités. Le descriptif et les photos sont fidèles, (mais il est vrai que la tuyauterie de la salle de bain n'est pas en très bon état).
Nous avons apprécié de pouvoir admirer les feux d'artifice du 4 juillet confortablement installés sur le rooftop de l'immeuble, c'était magique!
Attention à prévoir masque de sommeil et bouchons d'oreilles, pas de rideau et la clim des chambres est bruyante! Nous avions tout prévu donc ça ne nous a pas vraiment dérangé de notre côté.
A part ça nous avons beaucoup apprécié notre séjour et regrettons seulement de ne pas avoir pu rencontrer nos hôtes pour un accueil plus personnalisé. Giles et Zoé sont néanmoins très bien organisés et nous avions à notre disposition un petit guide d'emploi de l'appart et du quartier très bien réalisé et très utile. Le café Summers juste à côté prépare de délicieux jus de fruits pour bien commencer la journée :)
This host has 83 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Giles And Zoe
We're two young professionals who live and work in New York. We are respectful and thoughtful of others and love hosting guests in our Greenwich Village apartment! We love great food (you can't beat NYC for amazing food) and spending time with friends. We'd love to have you stay with us, so we can share our beautiful apartment with you and help you find all the best spots to visit in NYC!