About this listing
The 2 room apartment is in the district of Mitte Berlin, which is the district where all major attractions of Berlin can be found.
Its a newly refurbished (December 2010) habitat that has the following specifications:
- 1 sleeping room with large king size bed
- 1 living room with a double sleeping couch (2m x 1.40m)
- 1 brand new kitchen with a large Smeg and diswhasher
- 1 bathroom with shower and a washing machine
- 1 long hallway
- Its on the higher ground floor, there are only 5 steps you need to take
- Gay friendly
The place was completely done and decorated by myself, and is at the best location for a Berlin visit, namely all major attractions in walking district, plus its located in a lively and lovely neighborhood boasting with Cafe, Restaurants, Galleries, Little boutique store and cultural places.
You don't actually have to leave the neighborhood to experience Berlin, but of course, public transport is just around the corner:
- Tram 1 around the corner goes 24-7 and is 2 stops away from Hackescher Markt, and 2 stops away from Eberswalder Strasse, which is the center of Prenzlauer Berrg.
- U Bahn 8 (Rosenthaler Platz) and U Bahn 2 (Senefelder Platz) are 5 minutes walking distance away, go 24 hours 7 days a wekk, and bring you directly to Alexanderplatz (2 stops), Potsdamer Platz (the third center of Berlin), Kurfuerstendamm, Schoeneberg, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg. At Hackescher Market or Alexanderplatz you can directly take the S-Bahn to the East (Friedrichshain) or the West (Tiergarten, Charlottenburg) where the other attractions like Brandeburger Gate, Kurfuerstendamm or East Side Gallery are.
In a 10 minute walking distance from my place you find the following attractions and things to do :
- Mauerpark, Mauermuseum, Prenzlauer Berg, Kulturbrauerei, Zionskirche, Kastanienallee (1 minute), Art Galleries at Auguststrasse and Linienstrasse, Weinsbergpark with my favorite park restaurant "Nola's), Volksbuehne, Museum Island with the Neues and Altes Museum, Pergamonmuseum, Bodemueseum, Museum for Natural Sciences (large Dinosaur inside), Kollwitzplatz, Shops around Hackesche Hoefe ((website hidden)) , and then literally hundreds of bars and restaurant, art galleries here and there.
There is a bike renting place from the German Train Network just outside my house, where you can easily rent a bike with your credit card and enjoy the city on the bike.
Of course the place has Internet, international TV stations (BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc), a washing machine, hot water, and a Wii for your entertainment.
Berlin can't wait to see you, and my apartment already says "Willkommen".
- No smoking please
- Treat my place as if its your own
Bring a good mood and the apartment will add a lot to your stay in Berlin. I would prefer if you could leave the place clean as I also use it when I am in Berlin. Pets are allowed when requested, and partying should be limited, there are some senior citizens in the house who live there since the 60s, and they would like to get a good sleep .
The host canceled this reservation 109 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We had a wonderful time staying in Volkers place. We were met by Nico who facilitated an early check in as we arrived early and the apartment was great. Clean, warm and LOADS of hot water. The beat thing about the apartment was the location. It was perfect for us tourists! Nico was great and allowed a later check out also as our flight wasn't til late.
Definitely recommend Volkers place !!
Spacious and well equipped apartment in great location with easy access to public transport.
The flat was exactly as it looked in the pictures and we were happy with the facilities and good location (nearby to lots of restaurants, bars, shops etc). We felt very welcomed when we arrived and had a wonderful holiday.
we had an amazing time in volker place! the apartment is very nice
the location is amazing! many restaurants and cafes just around the corner, and the public transportation is just 2 minutes walk.
i would love to stay there again the next time i'm in berlin.
Good apartment - lots of space to relax after site seeing, good kitchen etc.
Fantastic location in Mitte - close to a range of restaurants, bars and a buzzing street life. Close to tram and U-Bahn. Museum island is 30 mins walk 10 mins on tram.
This is a great apartment very well located in Berlin. It is close to Restaurants, parks, alexander platz and many other Berlin top attractions, as well public transportation.
The apartment is very well equipped, decorated, organized and clean. I stood there for 9 nights.
I couldn't meet with Volker in person, but I was very well received by his friend Nick, who told me a few things about Berlin history and places to go.
I can only recommend this listing.
This host has 153 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Volker
I am world traveler myself, I live in Berlin and Amsterdam, I love to meet people and especially receive guest to beautiful Berlin and Amsterdam in an apartment where I would love to stay myself: my place :)