About This Listing
The 2 room apartment is in the district of Mitte Berlin, which is the district where all major attractions of Berlin can be found.
Its a newly refurbished (December 2010) habitat that has the following specifications:
- 1 sleeping room with large king size bed
- 1 living room with a double sleeping couch (2m x 1.40m)
- 1 brand new kitchen with a large Smeg and diswhasher
- 1 bathroom with shower and a washing machine
- 1 long hallway
- Its on the higher ground floor, there are only 5 steps you need to take
- Gay friendly
The place was completely done and decorated by myself, and is at the best location for a Berlin visit, namely all major attractions in walking district, plus its located in a lively and lovely neighborhood boasting with Cafe, Restaurants, Galleries, Little boutique store and cultural places.
You don't actually have to leave the neighborhood to experience Berlin, but of course, public transport is just around the corner:
- Tram 1 around the corner goes 24-7 and is 2 stops away from Hackescher Markt, and 2 stops away from Eberswalder Strasse, which is the center of Prenzlauer Berrg.
- U Bahn 8 (Rosenthaler Platz) and U Bahn 2 (Senefelder Platz) are 5 minutes walking distance away, go 24 hours 7 days a wekk, and bring you directly to Alexanderplatz (2 stops), Potsdamer Platz (the third center of Berlin), Kurfuerstendamm, Schoeneberg, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg. At Hackescher Market or Alexanderplatz you can directly take the S-Bahn to the East (Friedrichshain) or the West (Tiergarten, Charlottenburg) where the other attractions like Brandeburger Gate, Kurfuerstendamm or East Side Gallery are.
In a 10 minute walking distance from my place you find the following attractions and things to do :
- Mauerpark, Mauermuseum, Prenzlauer Berg, Kulturbrauerei, Zionskirche, Kastanienallee (1 minute), Art Galleries at Auguststrasse and Linienstrasse, Weinsbergpark with my favorite park restaurant "Nola's), Volksbuehne, Museum Island with the Neues and Altes Museum, Pergamonmuseum, Bodemueseum, Museum for Natural Sciences (large Dinosaur inside), Kollwitzplatz, Shops around Hackesche Hoefe ((website hidden)) , and then literally hundreds of bars and restaurant, art galleries here and there.
There is a bike renting place from the German Train Network just outside my house, where you can easily rent a bike with your credit card and enjoy the city on the bike.
Of course the place has Internet, international TV stations (BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc), a washing machine, hot water, and a Wii for your entertainment.
Berlin can't wait to see you, and my apartment already says "Willkommen".
- No smoking please
- Treat my place as if its your own
Bring a good mood and the apartment will add a lot to your stay in Berlin. I would prefer if you could leave the place clean as I also use it when I am in Berlin. Pets are allowed when requested, and partying should be limited, there are some senior citizens in the house who live there since the 60s, and they would like to get a good sleep .
We had a wonderful stay in this apartment, the space is clean bright and welcoming. Felt like home while we were there! Nico was really helpful in meeting us to give us the keys and help us navigate Berlin. The location of the apartment is perfect. It's on a quiet street just a short walk from the high streets where there are a number of great eateries and anything else you may need. It's also close to two U-Bahn stations but we found walking to everything on foot was easy.
The bed is spacious enough for two people plus the couch in the living room folds down into a bed. I actually slept on the couch in the living room and it was super comfortable. The sheets provided were excellent. We used the kitchen a few times as well as the washing machine. Volker has a great, detailed guide to the apartment which was extremely useful during our stay.
I would highly recommend this apartment!
Visiting Berlin for the first time we were met at the apartment by Nico who made us feel at home immediately.
The apartment is comfortable with everything we needed for our stay. Convenient for the tram although we preferred the walk into the city.
Some excellent bars and restaurants within a short walk including one very good craft brewer.
We were welcomed warmly by Nico who helped us find the apartment (go through the green gate to find the entrance!), and gave us some guidance on the local area. The apartment was well looked after, clean, and in an excellent location for exploring Berlin.
Despite being central, you are woken in the morning by birds rather than traffic, and the neighbours are quiet.
The bathroom is a slightly odd layout but perfectly usable with a powerful shower.
Volker was very responsive to our queries before arriving in Berlin.
Thank you for hosting us.
We were welcomed to the flat as arranged. We were delighted with the flat and enjoyed our stay very much. Its location was very convenient and the flat was very well equipped. The area was very good and there were plenty of small restaurants nearby.
This is a great apartment, Volker (and Nico) were most helpful in our communications and I couldn't have asked for more. The neighbourhood is fantastic and very close to a station as well as walking distance to plenty of cafés, bars, galleries etc. Very easy to get to from airport too. The weather wasn't the greatest, but the flat was plenty warm enough and very comfortable. I didn't cook, but the kitchen is a decent size, should you be more capable!
Volker sent me the email and # of his friend who takes care of the apartment. I needed to send him a message to make arrangements for checking in. He was very friendly and was ready to answer all our questions when we arrived. The apartment looks exactly as it does in the pictures. It has everything you need for your holiday. The location is great, a quiet side street in a trendy neighbourhood with lots of cafes and restaurants. The public transport is close by, but with a good pair of walking shoes many of the sites are near enough to do on foot. Berlin is a great city and I would definitely come back again and stay at Volker's apartment.
Great (yet quiet) location within easy tram distance right into city. Very close to nearby supermarket & cafe's also. Flat tastefully furnished, clean, warm & light. Host was easily accessible. Would happily return.
This host has 133 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Volker
I am world traveler myself, I live in Berlin and Amsterdam, I love to meet people and especially receive guest to beautiful Berlin and Amsterdam in an apartment where I would love to stay myself: my place :)