About this listing
The 2 room apartment is in the district of Mitte Berlin, which is the district where all major attractions of Berlin can be found.
Its a newly refurbished (December 2010) habitat that has the following specifications:
- 1 sleeping room with large king size bed
- 1 living room with a double sleeping couch (2m x 1.40m)
- 1 brand new kitchen with a large Smeg and diswhasher
- 1 bathroom with shower and a washing machine
- 1 long hallway
- Its on the higher ground floor, there are only 5 steps you need to take
- Gay friendly
The place was completely done and decorated by myself, and is at the best location for a Berlin visit, namely all major attractions in walking district, plus its located in a lively and lovely neighborhood boasting with Cafe, Restaurants, Galleries, Little boutique store and cultural places.
You don't actually have to leave the neighborhood to experience Berlin, but of course, public transport is just around the corner:
- Tram 1 around the corner goes 24-7 and is 2 stops away from Hackescher Markt, and 2 stops away from Eberswalder Strasse, which is the center of Prenzlauer Berrg.
- U Bahn 8 (Rosenthaler Platz) and U Bahn 2 (Senefelder Platz) are 5 minutes walking distance away, go 24 hours 7 days a wekk, and bring you directly to Alexanderplatz (2 stops), Potsdamer Platz (the third center of Berlin), Kurfuerstendamm, Schoeneberg, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg. At Hackescher Market or Alexanderplatz you can directly take the S-Bahn to the East (Friedrichshain) or the West (Tiergarten, Charlottenburg) where the other attractions like Brandeburger Gate, Kurfuerstendamm or East Side Gallery are.
In a 10 minute walking distance from my place you find the following attractions and things to do :
- Mauerpark, Mauermuseum, Prenzlauer Berg, Kulturbrauerei, Zionskirche, Kastanienallee (1 minute), Art Galleries at Auguststrasse and Linienstrasse, Weinsbergpark with my favorite park restaurant "Nola's), Volksbuehne, Museum Island with the Neues and Altes Museum, Pergamonmuseum, Bodemueseum, Museum for Natural Sciences (large Dinosaur inside), Kollwitzplatz, Shops around Hackesche Hoefe ((website hidden)) , and then literally hundreds of bars and restaurant, art galleries here and there.
There is a bike renting place from the German Train Network just outside my house, where you can easily rent a bike with your credit card and enjoy the city on the bike.
Of course the place has Internet, international TV stations (BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc), a washing machine, hot water, and a Wii for your entertainment.
Berlin can't wait to see you, and my apartment already says "Willkommen".
- No smoking please
- Treat my place as if its your own
Bring a good mood and the apartment will add a lot to your stay in Berlin. I would prefer if you could leave the place clean as I also use it when I am in Berlin. Pets are allowed when requested, and partying should be limited, there are some senior citizens in the house who live there since the 60s, and they would like to get a good sleep .
Good apartment - lots of space to relax after site seeing, good kitchen etc.
Fantastic location in Mitte - close to a range of restaurants, bars and a buzzing street life. Close to tram and U-Bahn. Museum island is 30 mins walk 10 mins on tram.
This is a great apartment very well located in Berlin. It is close to Restaurants, parks, alexander platz and many other Berlin top attractions, as well public transportation.
The apartment is very well equipped, decorated, organized and clean. I stood there for 9 nights.
I couldn't meet with Volker in person, but I was very well received by his friend Nick, who told me a few things about Berlin history and places to go.
I can only recommend this listing.
We had a great stay at Volker's place which was a spacious apartment in a great location - metro station was only a 3 minute walk away and the supermarket was just up the road. Many restaurants and cafes in the surrounding streets. The apartment was overall generally clean and tidy.
I enjoyed staying at Volker's apartment. It was clean, and in a very nice area. Volker returned my phone call from far away and very soon gave me directions. Nico waited for me in the apartment and explained everything. It was clean and very pleasant. I loved the store near by. It was my second time at that apartment, and I would be glad to come back next time I'm in Berlin.
Thanks a lot for your attention.
It was great time in Berlin.
Your apartment is comfortable and pleasure. The location is very good. So, I recommend.
Nico met us at the apartment very early which was super helpful. The apartment was cute and clean and in a good area of Mitte, close to Prenzlauer Berg.
This host has 148 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Volker
I am world traveler myself, I live in Berlin and Amsterdam, I love to meet people and especially receive guest to beautiful Berlin and Amsterdam in an apartment where I would love to stay myself: my place :)