About this listing
Take a step back to the old days of Cape Hatteras island life. Stay in our 1937 Craftsman style house built by our family. Hatteras Island family owned and beautifully restored.
KITE POINT COTTAGE
"The Heart of Cape Hatteras"
*** New Discounted - Fall/Winter rates!
Come to the islands in the winter and see how quiet and peaceful
it here without all the traffic and people.
KITE POINT COTTAGE : NOW OPEN.
Why stay with us?
Historic Charm, family owned, central location, and many great reviews!
Relax in the heart of the island. Buxton is centrally located between all of the best spots to fish, beach drive, surf, paddleboard, walk, hike, and bike. Just a minute's drive to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and beaches. There is a sidewalk from our house to the Lighthouse beaches, local grocery store, and restaurants. Everything is within walking or biking distance.
Enjoy your stay on the Outer Banks in the heart of it all... A true step back in time on Hatteras Island. KP Cottage is a "craftsman style" home with vintage charm and new furnishings. Our cottage was built in 1937 and has been in our family for generations.
This is the first time this house has ever been open to the public. This is a real Hatteras Island family home.
• 1 Bedrooms, Queen Bed.
• 1 Shower / Bath
• 40" SONY Flatscreen TV with Netflix / Roku
• FREE WiFi & Old timey record player
• Nice Deck with Swing, Adirondack Chair, and Side Table.
• Walking distance to local restaurants, shops,
• Off street parking for 3 vehicles.
• Living room with New Furniture
• Breakfast / Dining Room
• Full Kitchen, New Stove, Fridge, and Dishwasher.
• Master Bedroom, Dresser, Nightstand, Closet.
• 2nd Bedroom (Opening soon).
• BONUS + Huge Backyard, Side yard, etc.
• Smoking is allowed on our front deck.
If you are looking for kiteboarding lessons we recommend: RADIKAL Kiteboarding.
Within walking or biking on our new sidewalks:
• Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Park
• Natural Art Surf Shop
• Orange Blossom Bakery
• Hurricanes Restaurant
• Conners Grocery Store
• Buxton Post Office
• Buxton Village Books
• Diamond Shoals Restaurant
• Icecream Palace
• Red Drum Tackle
• Angelos Pizza
• Shipwreck Grill
• ABC Liquor
If we can help you with any local information while staying at Kite Point Cottage please ask. We are more than happy to give you the local scoop on what's good!
Guests have access to:
- Main Living Room
- Full Kitchen, New Stove, Fridge, Dishwasher, Coffee Pot, Cabinets & Storage
- Newly Remodeled Bathroom + Shower/Tub
- Middle room with Breakfast/Dining Table
- New Deck with Swing, Deck Chair and Table
- 40" Sony Flat Screen Tv with Netflix / Roku
- Record Player with Vinyl choices
- New driveway, 3 vehicle spots
- Large front and back yard
Interaction with Guests
We will try our best to take care of your needs. Just ask.
We love the quiet atmosphere, sidewalks to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, walks to the local grocery store, and restaurants. And you can rent Beach Cruiser Bikes just 10mins away at Ocean Atlantic Rentals in Avon. Check them out online to reserve your rentals.
You can drive, ride a bike, or walk anywhere. It's just like being in a small town where you can walk or ride a bike to anywhere!
Kite Point Cottage
WELCOME and enjoy our Home!
1. Please no unapproved over-night guests please. $25 extra per person for their stay. Children are ok 12 and under.
2. No smoking inside, and no drugs. Smoking is allowed on the deck.
3. Please respect the Neighbors and quiet time.
4. You are responsible for any broken or missing items.
5. Please no wetsuits inside. Please remove your shoes inside the house.
6. Please lock the front door when you leave.
7. Don't lose the key please.
8. Clean up any leftover party favors, cans, pizza boxes, food, clothing.
9. We do not supply paper towels. Bring your own please.
10. Please do not leave seafood in the trash cans, house, or property grounds.
11. Please turn OFF the lights when you leave the cottage.
12. Our towels are for the cottage only. Please bring your own beach towels.
If any towels are missing we will charge $40 per towel.
13. No charcoal grilling or cleaning fish on the decks. Use free public fish cleaning stations at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse parking lot.
14. Find some relaxation, peace, and good times. We are happy to have you. Please sign our guest book.
15. No animals permitted on the property.
#1 House rule: Relax and enjoy yourselves!
Lastly, ~ :- ) - Guests are expected to cleanup any leftover food, crumbs, take out the trash before leaving, and any beer cans or trash left in the yard left by house guests. Smoking should be done outside the house. Thanks! Any extra cleaning other than what is normal will result in an extra $75 cleaning fee. By renting this space you are agreeing to these and Airbnb terms.