Take a step back to the old days of Cape Hatteras island life.
KITE POINT COTTAGE
Special $70 Nightly - Early Spring Rates!
"The Heart of Cape Hatteras"
*** Now Booking - 2014 Summer & Fall dates!
KITE POINT COTTAGE : NOW OPEN.
Why stay with us?
Historic Charm, central location, and many great reviews!
Relax in the heart of the island. Buxton is centrally located between all of the best spots to fish, beach drive, surf, paddleboard, walk, hike, and bike. Just a minute's drive to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and beaches. There is a sidewalk from our house to the Lighthouse beaches, local grocery store, and restaurants. Everything is within walking or biking distance.
Enjoy your stay on the Outer Banks in the heart of it all... A true step back in time on Hatteras (website hidden) Cottage is a "craftsman style" home with vintage charm and new furnishings. Our cottage was built in 1937 and has been in our family for generations.
This is the first time this house has ever been open to the public. This is a real Hatteras Island family home.
• 1 Bedrooms, Queen Bed.
• 1 Shower / Bath
• 40" SONY Flatscreen TV with Netflix / Roku
• FREE WiFi & Old timey record player
• Nice Deck with Swing, Adirondack Chair, and Side Table.
• Walking distance to local restaurants, shops,
• Off street parking for 3 vehicles.
• Living room with New Furniture
• Breakfast / Dining Room
• Full Kitchen, New Stove, Fridge, and Dishwasher.
• Master Bedroom, Dresser, Nightstand, Closet.
• 2nd Bedroom (Opening soon).
• BONUS + Huge Backyard, Side yard, etc.
• Smoking is allowed on our front deck.
If you are looking for kiteboarding lessons we recommend: RADIKAL Kiteboarding.
Within walking or biking on our new sidewalks:
• Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Park
• Natural Art Surf Shop
• Orange Blossom Bakery
• Hurricanes Restaurant
• Conners Grocery Store
• Buxton Post Office
• Buxton Village Books
• Diamond Shoals Restaurant
• Icecream Palace
• Red Drum Tackle
• Angelos Pizza
• Shipwreck Grill
If we can help you with any local information while staying at Kite Point Cottage please ask. We are more than happy to give you the local scoop on what's good!
Guests have access to:
- Main Living Room
- Full Kitchen, New Stove, Fridge, Dishwasher, Coffee Pot, Cabinets & Storage
- Newly Remodeled Bathroom + Shower/Tub
- Middle room with Breakfast/Dining Table
- New Deck with Swing, Deck Chair and Table
- 40" Sony Flat Screen Tv with Netflix / Roku
- Record Player with Vinyl choices
- New driveway, 3 vehicle spots
- Large front and back yard
Interaction with Guests
We will try our best to take care of your needs. Just ask.
We love the quiet atmosphere, sidewalks to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, walks to the local grocery store, and restaurants. And you can rent Beach Cruiser Bikes just 10mins away at Ocean Atlantic Rentals in Avon. Check them out online to reserve your rentals.
You can drive, ride a bike, or walk anywhere. It's just like being in a small town where you can walk or ride a bike to anywhere!
Kite Point Cottage
ENJOY our Home. :-)
1. Please no unapproved over-night guests please. $25 extra per person for their stay. Children are ok 12 and under.
2. No smoking inside, and no drugs. Smoking is allowed on the deck.
3. Respect the Neighbors.
4. You are responsible for any broken or missing items.
5. No wetsuits inside. No shoes on inside the house please.
6. Front door must be locked at ALL TIMES. While at the house or leaving.
7. Don’t lose the key please.
8. Clean up any leftover party favors, cans, pizza boxes, food, clothing.
9. We do not supply paper towels. Bring your own please.
10. Please do not leave seafood in the trash cans, house, or property grounds.
11. If you are hanging on the deck... Please respect quiet time at 11pm.
12. PLEASE turn OFF the lights when you leave the cottage!
13. Our towels are for the cottage only. Please bring your own beach towels.
If any towels are missing we will charge $40 per towel.
14. No charcoal grilling or cleaning fish on our decks. Use free public fish cleaning stations at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse parking lot.
15. Find some relaxation, peace, and good times. We are happy to have you. Please sign our guest book.
16. No animals permitted on the property.
#1 House rule: Relax and enjoy yourselves!
Lastly, ~ :- ) - Guests are expected to cleanup any leftover food, crumbs, take out the trash before leaving, and any beer cans or trash left in the yard left by house guests. Smoking should be done outside the house. Thanks! Any extra cleaning other than what is normal will result in an extra $75 cleaning fee. By renting this space you are agreeing to these and Airbnb terms.
We absolutely loved the location and the peace and quiet. While we had to leave a bit early, we wish we could've stayed much longer. It was our first experience in the Outer Banks.
Thanks to Justin for stopping by and saying hello.
We enjoyed our stay at this cozy cottage. We liked the quiet neighborhood, close to the beach and lighthouse. It was a bonus that we can watch Netflix on the TV at night. We had a great time checking out the Cape Hatteras area and Ocracoke Island. Thanks Justin!
We had a great weekend at the cottage. The house is really cozy and inviting, and we felt really at home. The patio was a nice place to eat breakfast. We also enjoyed watching movies at the really nice tv in the evenings. Buxton is wonderful, and I loved the fact that there were sidewalks there and that you could actually walk to restaurants, the beach and the bakery.
We had no problems communicating with Justin and he responded quickly to our questions.
Very quaint cottage, everything as pictured. Justin made check-in easy, we had no issues or reason to contact him during our stay. A few minutes drive from the National Seashore. Nice TV was a bonus. Great experience!
The cottage was a comfortable and cozy home base for our short trip to the Outer Banks. For those who come in the off-season, be aware that some shops/restaurants will be closed, as well as that the house can be a bit drafty. There is heat, and the bedroom gets nice and warm for sleeping, however the heat doesn't spread evenly throughout the house. Curtains between rooms help to trap some heat, but only to an extent– something to keep in mind if you are planning to come for on an unusually cold weekend. The kitchen was very well-stocked with a range of spices, sauces and appliances, and although the oven wasn't working during our visit, Justin's sister kindly got out a toaster oven for us to use. Oven should be repaired soon, I believe! Overall, a very pleasant stay in a charming older home.
Sarah was very helpful! ~ We just put in the stove 1 year ago. The display went out went right before Sarah arrived. She told us about it, and even helped us conference call Home Depot. They said it would be almost as much to get a new range as it is to repair it at $375. So we are finding a local repairman. Our place is a historic home so it won't hold heat the same way a modern house will. So we do recommend guests to pull the curtain to make the living room cozy on those frosty nights. It helps contain the heat. The bedroom stays quite warm at night and we have a nice note up so that folks know to close the bedroom door at night for more heat. But the thermostat will go to 74 and keep the house quiet warm. Older houses on the beach can get this way due to harsh coastal winds, but it's all about the experience of living on the island. Our cottage is old, but it sure does have tons of character for visitors. We appreciate your feedback and take it to heart. Thank you for staying with us. - Justin Davis, Kite Point Cottage
Wonderful quiet spot off the beaten path, but close to everything. We felt immediately comfortable and at home. Justin responded very quickly to every inquiry and question. We were cozy and happy throughout our stay, and happy with our choice. Thanks Justin.
We miss Kite Point already. The house is simply perfect for a visit to Cape Hatteras. The location was awesome and more importantly the accommodations were clean and exactly what we were looking for. We enjoyed our evenings on the porch the most. We will definitely be coming back.
Hatteras island native but moved away to finish high school in Raleigh, afterwards attended and received a Bachelors degree at the Savannah College of Art & Design.
I spent many years globe trotting, exploring surf breaks in Hawaii, South America, Europe and the Caribbean. Previously worked with several kiteboarding companies. I now work fulltime doing graphic design. I have even more time to travel. Which is great for you because I have time to rent you my charming home in Buxton. Many people get an immediate cozy family feel to our home. The home is well maintained and I really put the extra effort into restoring it to it's best potential. If you are looking to stay somewhere private, quiet, and cozy... This is the spot. The heart of Hatteras Island...we say because of the long family history and our location. You will have complete freedom and relaxation just minutes from any place. Our place is a true island gem.
Wear your suncreen and have fun!