Take a step back to the old days of Cape Hatteras island life. Stay in our 1937 craftsman style home built by our family. Family owned and beautifully restored.
Kite Point Cottage
WELCOME and enjoy our Home!
1. Please no unapproved over-night guests please. $25 extra per person for their stay. Children are ok 12 and under.
2. No smoking inside, and no drugs. Smoking is allowed on the deck.
3. Please respect the Neighbors and quiet time.
4. You are responsible for any broken or missing items.
5. Please no wetsuits inside. Please remove your shoes inside the house.
6. Please lock the front door when you leave.
7. Don’t lose the key please.
8. Clean up any leftover party favors, cans, pizza boxes, food, clothing.
9. We do not supply paper towels. Bring your own please.
10. Please do not leave seafood in the trash cans, house, or property grounds.
11. Please turn OFF the lights when you leave the cottage.
12. Our towels are for the cottage only. Please bring your own beach towels.
If any towels are missing we will charge $40 per towel.
13. No charcoal grilling. It's very windy on the island. Last year our neighbors renters grilled on their deck and went to bed with the grill on the porch. The wind came up and blew the coals on the deck and almost burnt down the house while they slept. Lucky our neighbor saw it and put the fire. Another friend of mine who works in the fire department has his own house burn down due to a charcoal grill on his deck. Yo never know when the wind will suddenly come up on the island. Cleaning fish on the decks is also not allowed. Please use free public fish cleaning stations at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse parking lot.
14. Find some relaxation, peace, and good times. We are happy to have you. Please sign our guest book.
15. No animals permitted on the property.
#1 House rule: Relax and enjoy yourselves!
Lastly, ~ :- ) - Guests are expected to cleanup any leftover food, crumbs, take out the trash before leaving, and any beer cans or trash left in the yard left by house guests. Smoking should be done outside the house. Thanks! Any extra cleaning other than what is normal will result in an extra $75 cleaning fee. By renting this space you are agreeing to these and Airbnb terms.
Hatteras island native. Finished high school in Raleigh, and afterwards got my bachelors in graphic design at the Savannah College of Art & Design.
I spent years traveling, exploring surf spots in Hawaii, South America, Europe, and the Caribbean. I now work full time as a graphic designer. Many people get an immediate cozy family feel to our home. The home is well maintained. We really put the extra effort into restoring it to it's best potential. If you are looking to stay somewhere private, quiet, and cozy... This is the spot. "The heart of Hatteras Island"...we say because of the long family history and our central location. You will have freedom and relaxation at our original 1937 craftsman home. Our place is a true historic island gem.
Bring your suncreen and have fun!