Charming, quirky accommodation. I am close to the station for a 10-minute ride west to Kobe. Or one stop east for express trains to Osaka, Nara, Kyoto. Mine is a quiet, green area, with mountain views from the verandah of your bedroom.
This two-storey house was built on a triangular spit of land, and so some rooms are oddly-shaped. The house is about 50 years old, and the interior is dated; but that fits my taste for old and retro stuff. There are windows everywhere, and so the place is bright. I have a tiny garden and a bigger veranda. When it isn't humid, it's great to sit outside.
The guest-room has an air-conditioner for the hot months of summer, and can accommodate one to four people, with the third and fourth on futon. There is a surcharge for every person over two.
Guests can use: dining room, shower, upstairs toilet, garage, garden and verandah, second-floor verandah, washing machine.
Sorry, no cooking in the kitchen. But I can offer you a big, continental breakfast in the morning. (On the days I am working, please unload delicious breakfast from the fridge yourselves. Thank you!)
Interaction with guests
I work weekdays and some weekends. However, I will be around during your stay, and I would be happy to answer your questions, or offer suggestions if you need recommendations. And I have a large collection of leaflets, maps, etc. to help you enjoy your days out.
Other things to note
The two cats are great. But they are indoor cats and so there is a cat litter. And best place for that is the bathroom. It is scrupulously clean when I am home, but I ask for your understanding when I am not....
I have a lady who comes to help me clean on Tuesdays and Fridays, and I don't want to lose her! She has agreed to come between 9 o'clock and 9:30 a.m. on those days for her two hours.
1) During my school work schedule, I will decline requests unless we have agreed arrival times first. Sorry about that. I am flexible, but I work weekdays from 9 a.m., and some weekends. So, surprise late visits (or early morning ones) are a bit difficult.
Early evening would be best to meet you, greet you, and get you settled in. Between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. would be great! Latest is 9 p.m. Outside those times is okay by prior arrangement.
Without such an arrangement, and because of Airbnb's deadline (they ask hosts to accept or decline a request within 24 hours, or there is penalty to hosts' ratings), please understand why I will decline your request. If the 24-hour deadline is imminent, and I haven't yet heard from you before I need to sleep or teach or whatever, I will decline. Nothing personal.
However, if that happens and you are still interested, please make another request?! We can still keep talking.
2) Please don't let the cats out to your second-floor verandah. Nor to the garden from the front door. If you want to air your room and leave the sliding doors open, please close the interior door.
3) Could you turn off all heaters before you leave the house for the day! And lights. Thank you!
4) Access to the verandah downstairs is through the front door, not sliding doors from the living room. Because the cats can slide open the doors...
5) Smoking is fine outside. The first-floor verandah is a great place, anyway. :))
Best, and thank you for reading.