About This Listing
****Due to hurricane damages that occur in the fall of 2014. The resort in Cabo San Lucas is under reconstruction and is open for guest reservation but is not recommended by me as there is loud construction noise from 8am to 9pm. Please book another Grand Mayan location in Mexico
The Grand Suite is a large, 1,295 square foot suite with a bedroom and living room complete with a dining table and kitchen, allowing you to cook like you are at home. Guests can step out onto their balcony and dip into their private plunge pool. Each room has an LCD television. Accommodates 4 adults and 2 children.
The Grand Master Suite is a palatial, 1,898 square foot, two-bedroom, two-bath suite which gives your family and friends plenty of space to relax between vacation adventures. The balcony has a large plunge pool, chaise lounges and extra seating. This room is a combination of a Master Room and a Grand Suite. Accommodates 6 adults and 2 children.
Airport to Hotel transfer available and provided by resort.
9-hole Punta Sur golf course
Golf Pro Shop
Brio Spa & Fitness Center
Kid’s Club for children age 5 to 12
Jade boutique, tobacco shop and pharmacy
24-hour medical treatment available by certified physician
Wedding / Event planning services
ATM machine / Money exchange
Laundry and dry cleaning service
Ice machines located on second floor of each building
PASSPORT required for travel to Mexico. This is a timeshare that I own and rent out. I have 5 weeks out of the year. Cancellation within 45 days of arrival is 100% refunded. Cancellations received BEFORE 30 days is refunded 40% of total price paid. Cancellations AFTER the 30 days is a 100% forfeit. Check in days are Friday to Sunday. Minimum stay is 6 days. Price is for 7days. No refund if you check out early.
I want so badly to write a glowing review because my husband and I truly enjoyed our stay. Both Wendy and the resort staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, despite some extenuating circumstances I need to explain. Los Cabos was hit by a hurricane last fall that caused extensive damage. We had heard about this before we booked, but the listing made it appear that the hotel was fully opened and ready for business. It should have been a red flag that Wendy was asking us to take photos of the newly renovated room for her, but this was our first experience renting a timeshare so it seemed reasonable that she wouldn't have seen the renovations herself yet. In retrospect, she should have pushed them to give her all the details or taken the listing down until she had them. A couple weeks before our trip we received a letter detailing which parts of the resort were opened and which were not. Our flight was already booked so we took a leap of faith that if they were comfortable opening it couldn't be that bad. The things that were closed -- gym, spa, part of the massive pool -- didn't bother us. We planned to just lounge at the pool and do some water sports activities anyway, so some painting/landscaping/finishing touches wouldn't both us. But after less than 24 hours at the resort there were several things that were not as they were represented...
- Upon check in we received a letter explaining the need for construction from 8am-9pm every day. It was loud, constant, and audible from our room, the pool and restaurant.
- The plunge pools were not functioning.
- There was water damage to the floor in our room -- no smell or anything, just kinda creepy seeing where the water seeped under the door.
- The pool was not heated yet and there was no hot tub in the open area. Also, the pool was under-filled so not technically an infinity pool and put the loungers above water.
- No water sports available on the premises. Your best option is to go 30 minutes away to Cabo San Lucas (we learned to take the bus which was actually surprisingly pleasant).
All of that said, here is what we loved...
- The room was large and clean.
- The resort truly is grand and its easy to see the potential when complete
- Peaceful escape away from the party vibe of San Lucas
- Great service -- friendly and attentive staff, someone always around when you need them. Generous with happy hours and free drinks (possibly compensating for construction). In the end they comped us a portion of our incidentals to make up for the construction.
- Wendy was in constant communication throughout the week once she learned what was happening
I've learned my lesson about making sure I have all the details, but when they are 100% back up and running I would absolutely go back.
This host has 13 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Wendy
Love cooking, gardening, home decor and dogs. Easy going, no drugs or alcohol and very friendly. In my free time I like to monkey around the garden or public botanical. Always very young at heart!