The Monstrosity Bungalow is a nice 1200 sq/ft 2br house in South Austin. It’s very close to the corner of Oltorf and South Congress.
This house has a living room, dining room (currently serving as a second living room), a large kitchen and two bedrooms and a bathroom. One of the bedrooms has a full size bed and the second br, has a comfortable, full sized sleeper sofa. There are three couches in the two living rooms. There is free wi/fi available and two parking spots in the driveway. It has a large screened-in porch in the back, with a huge couch and a laundry room. The porch and laundry area are shared with others on the property, but all other areas are private. Although there aren't any animals with access to the interior of the house, there are a couple of cats that tend to like to hang out on the couch on the back porch.
There is a small efficiency apartment on a second floor above the house. It has it's own entrance. It is going to be listed here on Airbnb, sometime soon. Sometimes, you can hear their footsteps. If you want to make sure not to hear them, you can turn on the window units (even if it's just on FAN) to hide the noise.
About the nearby area...
It's in the middle of the SOCO area. It's close enough to walk or bike to the SOCO venues as well as walk, bike to the or take a short cab ride to Downtown events. It's about ¼ mile to SOCO event areas and 1½ miles from downtown. If you wish to walk to 6th St from this space, you can get there in less than 20 mins, when you're taking your time. It's about a $10 cab ride to 6th from my place.
Well behaved pets are welcome.
Located near the corner of South Congress and Oltorf St. Several bus routs run near this space which will get you all over town for about $2 per day.
The house is 4 blocks from a major grocery store, and within just a few blocks there are lots of amazing restaurants ranging from super cheap food trucks to five-star dining.
There are many neighborhood coffee shops within 5 blocks.
As a guest at the Bungalow, you will have access to :
Whole First Floor
Front Yard and Porch
Screened-In Back Porch
Half of Driveway
Sometimes, the Roof Deck at Monstrosity Loft
Loft in the backyard will be available, depending on the rental situation of the Monstrosity Loft's second floor.
Interaction with Guests
Typically, when the guests arrive, I try to be there whenever possible, or have someone else to greet guests and show them around. Also, I try to be available by phone to answer questions about the property or Austin, in general.
Other Things to Note
In most cases, I will give a free day to guests who book for 7 or more nights. (Every 7 nights for the price of 6)
SXSW is excluded from the free day offer.
Because of some bugs and glitches on the airbnb site, I just mention this here, instead of entering it in the "Weekly Rate" or "Monthly Rate" fields.
I'll send you the adjusted price in a "Special Offer"
1. Please give me your check in and check out time, so I can get my place ready for other guests. If there are more than 6 guests, please inform me ahead of time to discuss.
2. Be polite to your fellow airbnb guests. There are another units I rent to other airbnb guests. So, being mindful about your noise levels in the Bungalow is very important. So, PLEASE... Keep your voices, TV and music volume at a reasonable level. When using the back porch keep the noise rules in mind. So far, the only unfavorable comments I've ever left on any reviews of my guests have been over the issue of excessive noise after a few reminders.
3. In the bathroom, keep the exhaust fan on in the during/after a showers in order to help the place stay dry. Drying off while in the shower really helps to keep the bathroom dry and clean. This especially important when there are 4 or more guests staying here. IMPORTANT: The toilet system is run by a pump which is easily damaged by things thrown in the toilet other than toilet paper. *So, please toilet paper, only.*
4. Smoke outside and use ashtrays. There is a front porch which is an acceptable place to smoke. It’s also okay to smoke in the screened-in porch as well, as long as you’re not disturbing other guests who are also using the porch. There are places to dispose of cig butts. So, please no tossing butts around the outdoor areas. In Austin we are usually in some sort of drought condition, so fire possibilities are always increased and using ash trays will protect the property.
5. If you bring pets, please make sure they are quiet at all times. They should not be allowed to freely roam the unfenced areas of the property. Do your best to keep them off of the furniture.
6. Never be shy to call host or host's representative to relay any problems, concerns, advice, suggestions, requests, questions, etc. Whenever these arise, we want to know and will do whatever we can to take care of your situation, asap.
7. Upon check out:
a) We ask that you place all used sheets and towels in the hamper(s) provided for you, near the back doors.
b) Any used dishes and utensils should be washed and placed in dish rack.
c) All trash and recycling should be brought to the bins in the driveway.
d) Make sure coffee maker is turned off and used grounds are placed in the trash.
f) A/C or heaters should be turned off upon final exit.
g) Leave the key(s) on an obvious spot, such as a table top, and leave doors UNLOCKED.
h) Finally, giving a call or text as you're vacating the property, will be greatly appreciated.
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 5 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Perfect house! We were in town for the USA Cycling cyclocross nationals. We had 6 riders in the event and we couldn't have asked for a better location, a better host, or a better house! Thanks for letting us rent the Monstrosity Bungalow!
Great (email hidden)ry close to downtown & south congress. Roomy, cool atmosphere. Tony was very accommodating. We had 8 people staying in the house for 5 nights including 4 teenagers. ...we never ran out of hot water, which was a plus. However, with it being an older home the stove was difficult to work...& the electric did not seem to keep up with our devices. Also their is only one true bed in the house. But a great overall experience for the price. & Torchy's is in walking distance
Tony was very prompt in responding to requests and questions the entire time. We also noticed little details, such as extra towels and toiletries everywhere. We also brought our dogs, and they thoroughly enjoyed playing in the yard. The location is great--central to many Austin activities and locations. Be sure to check out the local coffee spots and wine bars within walking distance!! This is a great value for all visiting town.
Nice place, comfy couches, friendly cats. Tony was very very responsive -- we asked for flexibility in the schedule and he gave it to us straight away. Located in the thick of things, and close to relatives ... we had a great stay!
We loved the neighborhood and it was all just as described. Tony arrived shortly after we got in and he got us all settled.
This host has 90 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews