Un joli duplex plein de charme de 45 m2 en plein coeur de l'île Saint Louis, quartier historique de la ville de Paris.
Lovely 45 m2 duplex full of charm right in the middle of Île Saint Louis.
Cet appartement de charme, idéalement situé vous fait vivre la vraie vie parisienne, sans la vie de touriste.
This lovely apartment, perfectly located makes you live the real parisian life, without feeling like a tourist.
Comme l'appartement est très central, ils auront accès à tout !
Since the apartment is in the center of Paris, they will have access to everything !
Interaction with Guests
Je serai très disponible pour les voyageurs, moi-même habitant Paris.
I will be available for the whole stay of the travelers, because I also live in Paris.
Île Saint Louis
Chanel accommodated us at the last minute, and we were so grateful. Her apartment reflects her casual and fun style. The apartment was clean and cozy. Because it's a top floor apartment the ceiling heights are low in places, but great location and comfortable. Very nice!
Chanel was there when we arrived and showed us her appartment which is in a brilliant situation to explore Paris, a true taste of Parisian life!
All the facilities you need including a glimpse of the Seine.
The bedroom is up a fairly steep stair, but once you've mastered the descent it's not a problem.
Chanel let us leave our bags in the appartment til later in the day as our flight was not til the evening which meant we didn't have to drag them around Paris on our last day.
Would highly recommend.
Lovely apartment, great location. The bedroom and bathroom are in the roof (as shown) so there's not a huge amount of headroom, but I'm 6'3 and it was fine. Main area has a good amount of space, the kitchen is small but has everything you need.
Loads of shops and restaurants in the area, great spot to use as a base to visit Paris.
As it's a last minute decision to go to Paris, I booked Chanel's flat 3 days before departure, I didn't realize that Chanel doesn't take more than 4 people, i told her I have 3 adults and 3 kids after I booked and before arrival, she can actually cancel my booking especially when she knew that her flat is way too small to accommodate 6 of us as a honest and responsible host. I can easily find another flat to welcome us. It's very annoying to hear Chanel keep saying "O God, I don't know how you 6 fit in this flat" when we checked in. Thank you!. Since Chanel loves my reservation, she does not allow cancellation and does not give me back refund. However, she asks for extra charge for extra people although her webpage states clearly under Price saying "no extra charge for extra people", I am running out of time to argue and I believe its both side miscommunication mistakes, then I accepted the last minute price increase from extra 250 Euro to 150 euro for extra 2 people for 8 days, we are paying 1500 euro for 8 nights on this, I say this is way not worth the money.
We checked-in in the evening, her whole family (husband,2 daughters and herself) are waiting to "welcome" us. She gives me the wifi login ID and password and says she's not trying to be mean but ....
1. (after charging 2 extra people for additional 150 euro) sorry, no extra blanket as she only has 2 blankets for 4 people (one does not even have a quilt cover)
2. Sorry, the dish washer is not working, you have to wash by hands
3. Do not touch the heaters as they are preset
4. Leave the house on check out day before 10:30am as she has another guests coming in "do not care about what time your train is". Trust me, she repeated more than 5 times that this is her house rule and this is it. Fine, lucky enough my train is 11:00am anyways, but don't have to be so mean:(
5. She put 6 toilet rolls in the house for 6 people for 8 nights after receiving extra money with total of 1500 Euro... no box tissue or kitchen paper towel, may be its too expensive in Paris, I bought some on my own ;P
6. Do not see basic bath gel and shampoo in the bathroom (not even the cheapest brand), but lucky enough that I always bring mine. However if you don't bring any, you might find some left over from previous generous guests if you are lucky enough.
7. For check out, its simple, just leave the keys on the table and close the door and just leave. She won't be here. Thank God!!!
As always, we left the house and tidy it up like we first come in anyways :)
Chanel did answer all emails really fast and upon our arrival she also gave us great restaurant recomondations.
The appartment is really great located and looks exactly as in the picture. We were four friends staying there and it never felt like the place was to small. I can warmly reccomend staying there!
Chanel was not only very responsive to every message, but nice to boot! After my flight was delayed and I had no way of contacting her, she was very understanding. The apartment is just so lovely and very central. Kitchenware, hot water, great view, short walk to amazing food. Couldn't be better.
Amazing apartment, close to everything, renovated and feels like home.
Chanel is a perfect host. Such a nice person, responsive and flexible.
Will definitely stay here again.
Je suis une Canadienne habitant Paris depuis maintenant trois ans. J'adore cette ville, je ne pourrais plus m'en passer.
J'espère vous faire découvrir Paris sous un autre oeil et serai toujours à votre disposition pour toutes interrogations.
Je parle français, anglais parfaitement et je me débrouille assez bien en espagnol, italien et russe !
I'm a Canadian living in lovely Paris since three years now. I could not live without it anymore.
I hope to make you discover Paris with another eye, just like I did a couple years back.
I'm fluent in french and english, and I'm not that bad in spanish, italian and russian !