About this listing
The Loft is a spacious and bright fully furnished room in our 5-BR, 3-1/2 BA house. The loft has a queen-sized bed (note, the photo shows a twin-sized bed, which we recently replaced with the queen-sized bed), desk, file cabinet, cocktail table, small refrigerator, small tv, bookshelves, and lamps. If there is a third person in the party, we will provide an airbed.
Bed linens and bath towels are provided. The bathroom, which is adjacent to the Loft, is shared with one other person. It is brand new, built in December 2014. We do not yet have photos of this bathroom, and photos of the Loft show it being bigger than it now is, since some space has now become the bathroom.
You are welcome to share all of the common areas of house with us and two or three other people who are renting other rooms in our home. The house has hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace in the living room, wonderful Whirlpool Duet washing machine and dryer (with limited hours since we share these with the occupants of our basement apartment), a fabulous deck overlooking a patio, yard, & garden.
Housemates include our sweet but shy indoor/outdoor cat. She has her own cat door, but might prefer to use the big door whenever a doorman is near. While we do not own a dog, on infrequent occasions, we may be keeping a dog when his owner is out of town. If you would not want to stay with a dog in the house, please feel free to contact me before booking to see whether we would be keeping a dog during your stay.
Washington National Cathedral is 2 blocks away; many buses are 1-3 blocks; Woodley Park/Zoo metro is the closest subway stop and is a long walk at 1.3 miles or 8 minutes by bus to Tenleytown/AU. One mile walk to Georgetown University and American University, 10 minutes by bus to Dupont Circle and to the center of Georgetown. About 20 minutes by bus to George Washington University, Foggy Bottom, World Bank, IMF, State Department, and Johns Hopkins SAIS.
We can obtain a parking permit for you to park on the street for $15/day (needed on weekdays only; resident parking restrictions are not enforced on weekends.) While breakfast is not included, we are happy to offer coffee and tea to help start or end your day.
* Laundry room access is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., with hours subject to change (changes will be posted onsite.)
* No smoking on the property, including the deck and patio. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the sidewalk or lawn of our home or our neighbors.
* Check-in 3:00 p.m. or later, check-out by 11:00 a.m. unless other arrangements are made. Please let us know in advance of your estimated arrival time so that one of us will be at the house when you arrive.
* Visitors (who are not registered guests) are limited to the first floor of the house; only registered guests are allowed on the upper floors.
* You are welcome to come and go at whatever hours suit you, but to make a quieter entry late at night or departure early in the morning, please remove your shoes...our hardwood floors can be noisy!
* Please note that you will be responsible for any damages and losses to our home and property that are caused by acts or omissions of yourself and your invitees. You will be required to pay me for any such losses. (Airbnb requires hosts to give guests this notice in order for the host to be protected by the Airbnb Host Guarantee.)
About the Host, Teresa
I am a somewhat gregarious middle-aged PhD/JD Nebraska native, mother of a teenager, working at home after many years in the House of Representatives, the Senate, the Clinton Administration, and running a nonprofit organization. Reid, my Canadian husband, and I enjoy sharing our home with people from all over the world.