About this listing
Charming Guest House (2 Bedrooms)
- Hot tub, full kitchen, internet, satelite TV
- Fantastic views, 23 acres of rolling hills
- Beautiful North Napa Valley location (1and1/2hrs north of San Fran)
- Access to Russian River & Alexander Valleys
Uncork your newest find, a special bottle of wine that you tasted with the winemaker at a local winery; relax on the expansive private patio with hot tub and fantastic views. Watch the setting sun cast golden light on (website hidden). Helena. Enjoy 23 acres of meadows, rolling hills and forests. Celebrate wine country right here, dining al-fresco with your gas BBQ grill.
This is paradise, the golden high ground between two wine valleys. Drive down the hill in 7 minutes to the charming Town of Calistoga that has everything you need, including shops, restaurants and several world-famous and family owned wineries.
Two separate bedrooms with ceiling fans. King bed and Queen bed sleep 4 (two couples ideally). Master has a French door onto porch.
Tiled roman bathroom. Bathrobes,shampoo/conditioner, hair dryer are provided.
Roomy living room with wood burning fireplace Dining area in the big kitchen.
Fully-equipped Kitchen has ceramic tiled counter tops and tiled floors. Dinnerware for 6.
Coffee maker, pots and pans. Gas burner stove, oven, microwave, toaster. Full-size refrigerator.
Plenty of condiments, spices, extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Coffee, tea, sugar are there for you.
Guests should expect lots of wildlife such as deer, fox, quail, woodpeckers, bluebirds. Most people appreciate that; but we also have occasional sightings of frogs, bats, skinks and various insects.
Lots of parking space, and just lots of space everywhere.
- hot tub
- satellite TV
- fully equipped kitchen, gas grill outside
- private patio with views of rolling hills and mountains
Large private patio for grilling on the gas BBQ, dining, sipping wine, and relaxing with beautiful mountain views. Acres of hills and meadows with oak and manzanita trees.
Front orchard has figs, olives, almonds, walnuts and other fruit trees.
Laundry room with washer & dryer. Clothes ironing set-up.
This is country living, nothing too fancy. Summer temperatures average 55 low and 85 high, but temperatures from 50-100 are always possible. There are fans in both bedrooms, but management of windows and shades is advised.
We appreciate simple and direct communication. Your vacation is unique and every guest/family has his/her unique requirements - lets us know and we will try to help.
Some Rules: No Smoking. Pets only with prior approval. Extra guests only with permission and possible extra charge.
Follow all posted hot tub rules. Great for kids, but only with attentive supervision.
Napa Valley is a world reknown travel destination. We love the northern part of the wine country. Calistoga offers the tranquil setting that one is looking for in a vacation or break away. In many ways Sonoma and Alexander Valley offer the relaxed traveler a lot of opportunities, especially for the ones that look for family-owned/boutique wineries or for people that long for "just a weekend away" with family and friends from the city.
- Ballooning in Calistoga : Calistoga Balloons & Bonaventura Balloon Company
- Bike rentals in Calistoga
- Bike tours in Napa and Sonoma
- Golfing in Calistoga
- Hiking at Bothe State Park (trailhead just south of town, off hwy29)
- Hiking up (website hidden). Helena (trailhead at nearby Robert Louis Stevenson State Park)
- Horse Riding – for example, Horsen Around in Bodega Bay
- Lake Sonoma & Russian River
- Picnicking at Vineyards, parks and along the Russian River
- Petrified Forest (2 miles away)
- Safari West (4 miles away)
- Zipline (zip & sip) tours
- Art Galleries
- Bike tours and Ballooning
- Fine Restaurants (Calistoga, St. Helena and Santa Rosa)
- Mud & Mineral Baths
Around Sonoma County:
- Day Trips to San Francisco and the Ocean
- River Rock Casino
- Discover giant redwood trees at Armstrong Redwood Park (see Guerneville below)
- Enjoy the town of Guerneville with its bohemian shops and Russian River frontage
- Historical tours, such as Charles Schultz museum in Santa Rosa
- Live Music & Concerts (Calistoga stages on weekends, and Luther Burbank Center for the Arts)
Other Things to Note
If you would like to bring your dog, feel free to discuss with us. Please note, that dogs are subject to a $25 cleaning fee.
No smoking inside the house.