LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION DETAILS:
- Please type “31 İZZETTİN SK.” into Goo...le Map and you will see it.
- The SEA is just around the corner. Walk 100 metre (320 feet) to the sea side for a walking or for a relaxing coffee. We guarantee that you will LOVE the location of the flat.
- Our guests will make the most of ISTANBUL with our suggestions and assistance during their time here. As a family run business, we try our best to make our guests feel at HOME.
- The NEIGHBOURHOOD is very lively with lots of CAFES, BARS, RESTAURANTS, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATIONS and WALKING AREAS as well as SEA SIDE.
- Kadikoy is at the ASIAN SIDE of Istanbul where you can have more real taste of local Turkish hospitality than other touristical places.
- FERRY PORTS (Vapur) to KARAKOY, KABATAS, BESIKTAS, EMINONU and PRINCESS ISLANDS are at 1 min. walking distance where all Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar etc. are located. You take a nice FERRY trip in the morning with the Turkish TEA and SİMİT (turkish bagel) and you will be at the historical peninsula in 20 minutes.
- SABANCI UNIVERSITY shuttles and public buses such as 14B are passing in front of our house. Also, the flat is at 2 mins. walking distance to the MAIN BUS STATION in Kadikoy. You can take the buses from here to all parts of Kadikoy including the AIRPORTS (ATATURK and SABIHA). Furthermore, DOGUS, OKAN and MARMARA UNIVERSITIES are within 15 mins. of walking distance.
- METROBUS (Sogutlucesme) which is the newest bus service is only 7 mins. away from us. This bus works like a train as it has its own lanes (joins the traffic only passing from the Bosphorus Bridge).
- NATIONAL RAIL (T.C.D.D) service is very close as well (HAYDARPASA). Trains go to intercity destinations as well as intracity. (There are maintenance works are on-going at the moment so you can take these trains from Sogutlucesme as well)
- YELLOW MINIBUSES work on 7 / 24 basis from TAKSIM and BOSTANCI. They also pass in front of your flat.
- BLUE MINIBUSES to Maltepe, Kartal area also work on 7 / 20 basis which also pass on the same road (Rihtim Caddesi).
- Basically, we are not only in the CENTRE of KADIKOY, but also in the CENTRE of ISTANBUL.
FLAT & ROOM DETAILS:
- Flat has 2 BEDROOMS, 1 BATHROOM, 1 LIVING AREA and a KITCHEN.
- 2 bedrooms are DOUBLE and one of them has also an EXTRA SOFA BED so the flat can easily accommodate 5 PEOPLE.
- All rooms have got ALL FURNITURES such as desk, chair, wardrobe, beds, linens, FANS and VENTILATORS for cooling etc...
- There is UNLIMITED WIRELESS INTERNET in the flat.
- KITCHEN HAS ALL utilities incl. FRIDGE, CUTLERIES, PAN & POTS, PLATES, DINING TABLE w/ 4 CHAIRS etc…
- Bathroom has all details plus a WASHING MACHINE.
- Uninterrupted 24 hours HOT WATER available.
- HEATING system is powerful and all rooms have radiators.
- Long-termers, get 30% DISCOUNT!! (3 months or more)
Me and my 15 year old son spent a wonderful week in Istanbul. Barans flat proved to be everything we hoped for and a perfect home base from which to explore the city. Virtually at the ferry docks but in a quiet street, with a supermarket and bakery in the next street and a marvelous lokantasi just around the corner.
Clean, spacious enough for us, Cooking facities, a fridge and a good shower. We will be back!
Our stay at Barans apartment was very nice.
The building is very close to the shore and the ferry in 2-3 minutes by (website hidden)'s situated in Kadikoy which is a very nice neighbourhood.
He even secured us a parking lot just outside of the building and it was watched by a guy who has a shop on the other side of the road so we were very comfortable with leaving our car.
Our host told us everything we needed to know about transport and told us about the istanbul card which costs 7 liras and is very good if you travel from 1 side to another(it was 5 of us and it repayed it self after only 2 rides!!)
Baran's flat is very nice, clean and cosy. You will find everything you need there and the location is also very attractive for long and short stays. Its close to the sea, ferries and buses and shops. Baran was a wonderful host, he helped out whenever he could. We had a great time there!
We only rented the apartment for 4 days but it was well worth it, the location is great, the flat is very close to the ferries as well as A LOT of very nice places for food and shopping. The apartment was clean and Baran was a great host who was always accessible before and during our stay.
A good stay for such a nice price, would recommend.
This isn't the exact flat I stayed in while in Kadikoy- it was another one of Baran's that he rents out. He was a nice and accommodating landlord. There were rarely any problems, and if there were, they would be fixed right away.
My one complaint about the apartment I stayed in was that the common area/living room area did not have a window so there was no fresh air coming in and that was more of a problem in the hot months. I lived in his flat from feb-june. Other than that it was fine and close to busses/ferries and anything one could really need.
J'ai passé 9 nuits chez Baran. L'appartement est très bien situé, dans une rue tranquille d'Ortakoy, sur la rive asiatique d'Istanbul, à 10 minutes à pied des ferry. J'ai loué une des 3 chambres de l'appartement.
Dans la chambre, il y a un lit 2 places, une table, un fauteuil, des rangements, bref tout ce qu'il faut. On partage la cuisine, le séjour, les toilettes et la salle de bain avec les autres locataires. C'est un appartement calme, dans un immeuble calme. J'ai eu plaisir à y revenir le soir après avoir visité Istanbul, ville toujours très animée.
Baran est un hôte fiable et attentionné.
Baran's apartment was clean and neat and we shared the flat with some other boarders, all of whom were very friendly and helpful. We never met Baran but his mother let us in and showed us the room. She was very patient and helpful, even though she didn't speak very much English. All in all, it was a great place to stay to explore the Asia side of Istanbul!
This host has 58 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I studied Civil Engineering in the University of Portsmouth, England. While I was studying there, I was sharing a private room in a flat. As I have lived in a shared flat, I can totally understand our guests needs.
I finished my studies and I worked for 2 years and I decided to go back to Istanbul. Then I bought a flat to do the same during my time in UK. I let the rooms out individually and appearantly it went well. I have now 13 different rooms in 4 flats in Kadikoy, Istanbul. Kadikoy is the centre of Asian side and all of our flats are in the centre of Kadikoy. I was living in the European side first but when I moved to this part of Istanbul, I just loved it. Its more local side of Istanbul where you can see real Turkish part of the city. The shops and restaurants are excited to see tourists as we are not filled like Grand Bazaar or Eminonu. So people are friendly and happy to help you in all aspects. As being in the Asian side, its safer, cheaper and more comfortable than the touristical areas. We have 7 / 24 hours public transportations to our flats.
I am now about to establish my own company, Aura Homes, as you can see the logo in my pictures. I can not say I am guaranteeing the best accommodation in Istanbul, especially comparing to very nice hotels but what I am trying to do is providing good quality houses with affordable prices. In the mean time, I am trying to create different ranges of accommodation where you can enjoy the luxury or get really good offers who are on a tight budget.
In the winter time, we are mostly chosen by Erasmus Students, Foreign Language Teachers and / or expats, etc... We are usually recommended by our ex guests so we try to keep a good network. As I was a student in UK, I try my best to lower the cost of renting for students in their long term rentals. Our rates start from 8 EUR / person / night for long term guests or guests who are visiting us second time.
Of course, problems can happen at on your side or my side. For my side, I do my best to solve it as soon as possible. You are here on a vacation and you must remember us, the city and our people good. So whatever happens, I definitely reply in 24 hours and get the problems sorted in 48 hours if it is in my power.
What I expect from a guest is actually the general accepted common rules. I believe in "Respect To Be Respected" and also believe that we really work hard to make your visit just as the way you want.
Apart from providing affordable accommodations, we can give you full service such as arranging a tour in or out of Istanbul, trips on Bosphorus river, reservations in fine restaurants, car-parks, airport transfers and any other services you would like us to help you as a local people.
I also think that 100% clarity is very important. When I also travel to other countries via airbnb, I expect the same honesty from the hosts. I am an easy-going and relaxed person.
Hope to meet with different guests who are interested in standing between Asian and Europe and get a real mixed orieantal and modern taste of a city which has been a cradle to many civilizations from Romans to Ottomans.
Baran H. GEYIK