Bodega Bay - the magic spot where you can experience untamed Northern California coastal living amid the splendors of Nature – whether your passion is wine tasting, kayaking, windsurfing, fishing, or just roaming the spectacular hills. DONT MISS OUT!
BIRD WATCH TOT# 728N at land's end w/water views to the horizon
2 Bedroom / 2 Bath / New addition / Wireless, high-speedinternet / At water’s edge of Bodega Bay. DVD players, Fireplaces, Decks, Patio, Hot tub, Steps down to the water in Bodega Bay with pebble beach. 8 min walk to a 3 mile stretch of ocean beach, Doran State Park.
From the moment you step through the ornately designed gateway, with its frosted glass accents, and then pass by the hot tub grotto, sheltered by the fragrant branches of ancient cypress trees, you know you’ve arrived someplace special. Open the front door and your pulse quickens as the senses are overwhelmed. Vast expanses of glass reveal a timeless panorama of water … the Bay, and beyond, the Pacific. You’re aware of flocks of birds, swirling in the trees above you, clustering in the tidal shallows below you. You finally exhale. This is where you dwell.
But, what of your immediate surroundings? You shift your glance to the roomy kitchen … all gleaming metal and buffed stone, with its massive marble island, bar stools, and a cozy, built-in window dining area looking out over the water. Your gourmet food fantasies will not take a backseat to the outdoor attractions on this vacation.
A charming queen size bedroom shares this upper level of the house, with its own view of the Harbor. A beautiful bathroom adjoins, where a regal abalone-and-iridescent tile encrusted limestone tub awaits.
Descending from the kitchen is a marble staircase that leads to the master bedroom level, with its king size bed and equally arresting water views. Serving the master bedroom area is a large bathtub, with a seamless glass shower set against a private window looking out onto the water.
From the tub you’ll marvel at a view upon a sanctuary for the many species of seabirds and songbirds that make this side of the Bay home. Relax on the deck. Protected from the wind, you enjoy another magnificent sunset with your Sonoma pinot. Take the stairs down to the tidal flats, to the water. Stick your toes in the wet sand and enjoy the bracing smell of the world’s edge, where you now reside.
Guests have their own home away from home. There is harbor beach access and immediate access to the State Bird Watching trail, an 8 minute walk to a sandy ocean beach.
Interaction with guests
Guests have complete privacy from the neighborhood, yet are across the street from expresso in the morning, ice cream treats, world class burgers and hot dogs with fresh cut all you can eat french fries and Lucas Wharf seafood restaurant and deli all within a short walk.
Inside the home there's an open feel with total harbor and ocean views on the horizon, from the guest bedroom to the open stairway leading to a master suite level with water views from the bed.
Other things to note
There are tons of incredible hikes, bike trails, golf, surfing, windsurfing, kiting, horseback riding, fishing, you name it and Bodega Bay has it all, but it's the views that are stunning. Take a walk or drive in any direction and it is a feast for the eyes.
Bird Watch House Rules
Quiet Hours: from 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., during which time the noise from the short-term rental home shall not unreasonably disturb adjacent neighbors. Sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries during non-quiet hours shall not be more excessive than would be otherwise associated with a residential area. Please respect ourneighbors. U.S. Mainland and global visitors often arrive from different time zones so if awakened early be conscious of the time. Be aware that loud conversation and slamming car doors is a disturbance and loud music is never allowed.
Amplified sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries of the short-term rental home is prohibited. Our neighbors specifically asked for a 9:30pm curfew from noise on outdoor lanais.
Parking: Vehicles shall be parked in the designated onsite parking area. Up to 2 cars parked is acceptable.
No parties or group gatherings other than registered guests shall occur.
We ask guests to please treat Bird Watch vacation home like it was their own home.
Occupancy: The entire dwelling is rented to only one group at a time. The maximum occupancy of the dwelling approved for short-term rental use shall be no greater that two times the number of bedrooms (2 bedrooms have been approved for Bird Watch vacation home). We ask that the maximum occupancy of Bird Watch to be 4 guests.
Other guidelines include:
1. To lock all doors you must lift handle first
2. The Password for internet is ....
3. NO SMOKING INDOORS OR OUT OR ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY!
4. Spa cover must be closed when not in use
5. Remove sand from clothing, towels and feet before entering house
6. No noise or disruptive activities that would disturb the neighborhood
7. Maximum occupancy for house is four
8. Nothing down the toilets except toilet paper. Anything other than toilet paper (for eg. dental floss, hygiene products, etc.) clogs the water system and causes drains to stop working. GUESTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PUMP REPLACEMENT.
9. If washing clothing, linens or towels, it is necessary to use only cold water with the detergent provided by Bird Watch (please use no more than a teaspoon of laundry detergent) and absolutely no bleach
10. Make sure the furniture is not touching the propane heaters
11. Be aware that the propane fireplaces operate from the wall thermostats and do not touch any of the controls on the fireplaces themselves
12. Be aware that the propane fireplace pilot lights with a loud Whoosh (pilot lights should be lit/ guests are not required to light pilot lights)
13. Be aware that the propane fireplaces create a slight smell of gas in the house even when the heat is turned off
14. If for some reason the pilot light is out and the fireplaces are not working from the wall thermostat,
call Alana or Annie immediately. There are electric space heaters in the closets in case propane fireplaces are not operating properly.
15. The kitchen commercial stovetop also lights with a loud whoosh
16. Do not leave garbage or food about the house or the locals will visit (ants and/or mice!)
17. Garbage cans are behind the hot tub, behind the tree
18. Do not touch the hot tub temperature controls
19. Do not remove household items : )
The Bird Watch
Things To Know
For The Successful Operation And Maintenance Of The House During Your Stay – Plus A Departure Check List
Departure Check List
1. Start dishwasher
2. Garbage and recycles are placed in outdoor cans
3. Clean carpet and floor spills
4. Put furniture back to its original location
(and away from heaters)
5. Pile used towels in bathrooms
6. Check all drawers, shelves and closets for
7. Turn off the heaters from the wall thermostats,do not touch propane fireplaces themselves
8. Close and lock all windows
9. Turn off all lights
10. Close and latch the outdoor gate so it does not bang 11. Make sure hot tub cover is on
12. Please separate trash and recycling
13. If you use the barbeque grill, please clean it
14. Lock all doors
15. Put key back in lockbox
16. Check out time is promptly at 11AM when cleaning crews arrive
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hobbies include kiteboarding, windsurfing, surfing, stand up paddling, hiking, biking and running on the beach. My favorite kind of vacation is a staycation! I love Maui.