**MINIMUM STAY TWO NIGHTS. ONE NIGHT BOOKINGS ONLY UPON DEMAND OR FOR THE SAME DAY- DO NOT USE THE INSTANT BOOKING IF NOT FOR THE SAME DAY**
This elegantly decorated apartment is very quiet and has lots of light. It is located in a historic building which was formerly a convent and has been recently refurbished with high quality care – everything is brand new.
The apartment is in the fourth floor (ground + 4) of a walk-up building, like most buildings in the centre of Madrid... so there is NO elevator, but we can always help you carry your luggage upstairs!
The apartment is composed of:
* A living room with stylish decoration, big sofa, 42”TV, DVD player, A/C, folding table
* Living room balcony which lets in lots of light; it looks out over Toledo Street and one of the entrances to the Plaza Mayor -- really wonderful views! The balcony doors are insulated, so when closed no noise will disturb you during your stay.
* Marble floors throughout
* Kitchen is open plan to the living room and fully equipped with everything you need to cook and eat, including stove, microwave, oven and refrigerator.
* Bedroom with a super comfy double bed (140 x 200 cm) with bedside tables and lamps.
* A bathroom with everything done in marble and a nice shower.
* Service room with washing machine (laundry detergent included!), dryer and spacious closet.
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, we know that’s important ;)
*Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as an iron, hair dryer, etc. We also provide maps and information on Madrid as well as basic kitchen ingredients, such as oil, vinegar, spices, salt, sugar, tea & coffee.
If you think there is something missing, we'd be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival, one of us will be there to greet you and provide you with all sorts of information we’ve prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay for any questions, or even for a drink :)!
In this apartment, you are in the heart of “Madrid de los Austrias”, or Hapsburg Madrid – an area full of history. You are steps away from the Plaza Mayor and just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Puerta del Sol, the official center of Spain. There are lots of restaurants, bars, gardens, open squares, and shops all around the area.
The location of the apartment is perfect for visiting Madrid without even having to use our good public transport network. You can reach all the major sites within a 15 minute walk (or much less!): Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, the Prado and Reina Sofia museums, the Retiro Park, the Rastro and La Latina, etc.
These are the walking distances to some landmarks: - Plaza Mayor Square: 1 min - Sol Square: 4 min - Opera Square: 5 minutes. - Royal Palace: 6 minutes. - Shopping at Gran Vía Avenue and Callao Square: 7 minutes. - Relax at Sabatini Royal Gardens: 7 minutes.
But whenever you want to use the metro, the nearest stops are just 5 minutes away: Sol (line 1) and La Latina (line 2).
You definitely won’t have any problems getting where you want to go from here!
Other Things to Note
Normally we have a two-night minimum stay requirement but accept one-night bookings on a case by case basis; please contact us prior to placing your booking request if requesting a reservation for one night only.
We try to be as flexible as possible with your check-in so as to allow you to get into the apartment as soon as you arrive downtown. Let us know your schedule and we'll work it out! However, if you arrive between 10pm and midnight, there is a LATE CHECK IN FEE of 15 euros payable upon arrival. From midnight to 1:30am, the LATE CHECK IN FEE is 25 euros.
You can check availability by clicking on the calendar link above—it’s 100% accurate. Bookings are only accepted through the AirBNB website; feel free to contact us with any questions. You'll get the exact address, directions to the apartment, and tips for Madrid once you've made your reservation!
We look forward to having you at our place soon!
Vanessa & Oscar
P.S. If this flat is not available for your dates, please click on our profile photo and check our other listings on the lower left of our profile, or just send us a message (click “contact me”, under our photo) – we’re sure to have something for you!
• Check out is by 11:00 a.m. (unless you have arranged otherwise with us). Please leave the keys on the dining table and make sure the door closes and locks when you leave.
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Please note in the apartment guide instructions for taking out the garbage.
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and you leave the apartment reasonably clean and tidy.
• If something breaks during your stay, please let us know -- we understand that accidents happen! We’d like to know so that we can fix or replace it prior to the next guest’s arrival.
• Parties are not allowed, nor is any loud noise after 10pm in the apartment or at any time in the common areas of the building (entrance, stairwells). We kindly request you to keep the volume to a minimum when in these common areas. We care about our neighbours and respect for them is a must. If we receive well-founded complaints from any neighbour regarding the behaviour of guests, you'll be immediately requested to leave the apartment and Airbnb will be notified. We are very flexible and easy-going people, but disturbances to neighbours are a real issue.
• No smoking in the apartment.
• Only people who are officially on the reservation can sleep in the apartment.
• Please be sure that you’ve turned everything off (lights, AC, electronic equipment, etc) when you leave the apartment and when you check out. We greatly appreciate this as electricity rates in Spain are among the highest in Europe and have risen 104% since 2002.
All was fine with our arrival and welcome. In fact, we were about an hour earlier than planned, and Oscar met us immediately and we had access to the apartment from shortly after 11.00 on the morning of arrival, which was much appreciated. The apartment is very clean and compact. I thought the furnishings slightly different from the photograph shown (no leather suite or white kitchen table), but they were all fine, and suitable for our needs. I think the apartment may be advertised for four guests, in my view it is too small for four. It was fine for us, a couple, and was a real "chill out" space. I wouldn't have wished to open the fold out bed to accommodate two others, as that would have been too crammed.
The location of the apartment is very central, right beside Mayor Plaza, and very near the lovely San Miguel market, and within walking distance to all the main sights. We highly recommend Retiro Park, just like New York's "Central Park"! We also recommend Liana Restaurant, on the sunny side of Mayor Plaza. Oscar, Vanessa and Elena will give you lots more recommendations; their information pack/map is very helpful.
Enjoy your trip to Madrid, and especially this central apartment.
Theresa and Richard,
Mahtava sijainti, kaunis ja siisti asunto sekä ystävälliset vuokraajat. Ennen matkaa kysymyksiin vastattiin nopeasti ja paikan päällä Oscar oli meitä vastaanottamassa kertoen kaiken tarpeellisen. Hän jopa tilasi meille edullisemman taksin paluumatkalle. Onneksi meillä oli pelkät käsimatkatavarat, koska huoneisto oli neljännessä kerroksessa ilman hissiä. Carrefour on kadun toisella puolen ja kaikki muukin kävelymatkan päässä. Suosittelemme lämpimästi pariskunnille!
This is a great apartment in a perfect location. I would return here again readily. Oscar was there to answer any questions I had. You are steps away from everything here and yet the apartment still feels like a nice refuge when you are ready to rest for the day!
The apartment was clean and had everything we needed, and looks just like the pics! It's in an amazing location, just seconds from Plaza Mayor and our favourite spot of our break - San Miguel Market. And surprisingly quiet considering where it is.
As others have said, there are quite a few stairs but they weren't narrow or steep so not a problem for us, just something to be aware of. Oscar was very helpful, carrying our case part of the way upstairs for us, and there was a handy map of the city in the apartment with recommendations from Oscar and Vanessa, which was great. Oscar also sorted our return taxi, which was a bonus!
The only Issue we had was that our flight arrived early and as such Oscar wasn't expecting us. We had thought, judging by other feedback and the request for our flight number that this might have been checked online, but we called to let Oscar know as we had to wait outside the building until he could meet us. Not a massive problem though, but it was late at night so not much fun!
We would certainly recommend the apartment to anyone planning to travel to Madrid and would definitely stay here again!
Een heel mooi appartement, op een goede plek. Je zit overal dicht bij. Heel erg schoon en vriendelijke mensen! Een echte aanrader
Amazing apartment. Clean modern and great location. Really good communication and help from Vanessa. Will stay again!
This host has 827 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar