About this listing
Beautiful apartment behing Plaza Mayor and located in an authentic "corrala" from the XVI century. Before booking, please check the info re check in schedules at the section House Rules.
This elegantly decorated apartment is very quiet and has lots of light. It is located in a historic building which was formerly a convent and has been recently refurbished with high quality care – everything is brand new.
The apartment is in the fourth floor (ground + 4) of a walk-up building, like most buildings in the centre of Madrid... so there is NO elevator, but we can always help you carry your luggage upstairs!
The apartment is composed of:
* A living room with stylish decoration, big sofa, 42”TV, DVD player, A/C, folding table
* Living room balcony which lets in lots of light; it looks out over Toledo Street and one of the entrances to the Plaza Mayor -- really wonderful views! The balcony doors are insulated, so when closed no noise will disturb you during your stay.
* Marble floors throughout
* Kitchen is open plan to the living room and fully equipped with everything you need to cook and eat, including stove, microwave, oven and refrigerator.
* Bedroom with a super comfy double bed (140 x 200 cm) with bedside tables and lamps.
* A bathroom with everything done in marble and a nice shower.
* Service room with washing machine (laundry detergent included!), dryer and spacious closet.
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, we know that’s important ;)
*Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as an iron, hair dryer, etc. We also provide maps and information on Madrid as well as basic kitchen ingredients, such as oil, vinegar, spices, salt, sugar, tea & coffee.
If you think there is something missing, we'd be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival, one of us will be there to greet you and provide you with all sorts of information we’ve prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay for any questions, or even for a drink :)!
In this apartment, you are in the heart of “Madrid de los Austrias”, or Hapsburg Madrid – an area full of history. You are steps away from the Plaza Mayor and just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Puerta del Sol, the official center of Spain. There are lots of restaurants, bars, gardens, open squares, and shops all around the area.
The location of the apartment is perfect for visiting Madrid without even having to use our good public transport network. You can reach all the major sites within a 15 minute walk (or much less!): Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, the Prado and Reina Sofia museums, the Retiro Park, the Rastro and La Latina, etc.
These are the walking distances to some landmarks: - Plaza Mayor Square: 1 min - Sol Square: 4 min - Opera Square: 5 minutes. - Royal Palace: 6 minutes. - Shopping at Gran Vía Avenue and Callao Square: 7 minutes. - Relax at Sabatini Royal Gardens: 7 minutes.
But whenever you want to use the metro, the nearest stops are just 5 minutes away: Sol (line 1) and La Latina (line 2).
You definitely won’t have any problems getting where you want to go from here!
Other Things to Note
You can check availability by clicking on the calendar link above—it’s 100% accurate. Bookings are only accepted through the AirBNB website; feel free to contact us with any questions. You'll get the exact address, directions to the apartment, and tips for Madrid once you've made your reservation!
We look forward to having you at our place soon!
Vanessa & Oscar
P.S. If this flat is not available for your dates, please click on our profile photo and check our other listings on the lower left of our profile, or just send us a message (click “contact me”, under our photo) – we’re sure to have something for you!
• Check in time is set at 4pm and means the time at which the apartment will be ready for your use, at the latest. However, if you arrive earlier to town we can meet you from 11am at the apartment (free of charge, is just a courtesy to our guests) to drop luggage and get the keys, so that you can start exploring Madrid right away. Between 2pm and 4pm we might not be available to meet you, since we go back home to cook and eat, but should you arrive on this gap, we can recommend you some nice place to have your first meal in Madrid.
• We can also meet guests at night, but in that case we charge a late check in fee of 15 euro from 9pm until 11pm and 25 euro after 11pm. If you plan to arrive after 1:30 am we won't be able to meet you (obviously if your flight is delayed we'll wait for you!!), but if you have a really late flight we can't wait up so long....
• Unless you have agreed otherwise with us, check out must be before 11am. Can you leave the keys in the entry and close the door.
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Garbage shall be disposed of in the gray bins that you will find next to building door every day from 8pm, so remember to take out the trash the night before! We'll really appreciate that!
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and try to leave the apartment as you found it.
• If something breaks during your stay , do not wait for us to discover that once you're gone. We understand that accidents can happen, but we do not like such surprises.
• Elderly people, children and working people all live in the building; please be considerate. No parties or noise allowed from 22h or at any time of the day in public areas of the building (hall and stairs) . When you are on the stairs we request you to speak in a low tone please, as if it would be your own building. Any complaints from neighbors will be immediately notified to you and to Airbnb and you'll be requested to leave the apartment.
• We like the fresh air, so you can not smoke in the apartment.
• Only people who have booked can sleep in the apartment. Visitors shall also be notified.
• According to the Spanish legislation, we are obliged to inform the police of the identity of all the people staying at the apartment; therefore, at your arrival we'll need to see your passport. Not that we are very enthusiastic of the idea, but rules are rules....
From Oct 01, 2015 - Nov 30, 2016 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Our stay at Oscar and Vanessa's apartment was fantastic! Vanessa greeted us and showed us everything we needed to know about the place. The apartment was clean, lovely, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The location is terrific--close to Plaza Mayor and within walking distance to other sights. I would definitely recommend this apartment to anyone! Muchas Gracias!
We arrived early and Elena greeted us warmly and allowed us to store our bags until 1:30 check-in.
We used Metro from the airport and the directions given were perfect and easy to follow.
The listing was accurate and very comfortable and had all the amenities needed for 4 travelers.
Location was fantastic and balcony overlooked the SW portal into Plaza Mayor. Even though it was a busy neighborhood it was very quiet.
Steps were steep and entry key was a little difficult but a very nice experience.
Everything was perfect. Very warm welcoming. Extremely clean flat with all the necessities. Great location, walking distance to almost everything. For me, the only thing was the 4 flights of stairs. I think the apt is worth climbing the stairs but for my next Madrid trip I will look for a place with a lift/elevator. If your use to it or in great shape the stairs should not be a problem for you.
Elena met us at the flat on time and gave us helpful tips about Madrid. We arrived exhausted and about three hours before check in. She let us leave our luggage and cool off for a while. The flat was VERY clean and quite comfortable. The air-conditioning cooled off the living room well, however the bedroom lacked ventilation. It would be helpful to have a fan.
The flat was well stocked and in a great location!
Vanessa was very welcoming and very helpful! She even helped us bring up the luggage the full 4 flights of stairs. The apartment was as advertised. It was very clean and felt very homey.
Available to us were tourist books, maps and pamphlets about must do things in Madrid. We found these very helpful.
The location of the apartment was great! Right in the heart of the city a one minute walk to the Plaza Mayor.
If you love espadrilles you can't miss the espadrille shop. When you exit the building go right, you'll see a line of people waiting to be served. The espadrilles are authentic and very well priced.
The only negative comment is the four flights of stairs. By the time you get to the apartment you are completely winded.
Great space!! Wonderful location, very clean, and incredibly helpful hosts. We had some trouble kick starting the air conditioning since it had not been turned on in awhile and the hosts were very responsive and provided immediate help. I would definitely recommend this flat!
Very nice trip to Madrid! Cozy, clean apartment with air conditioning, fully equipment! Recommend to everybody!
This host has 1061 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oscar&Vanessa
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar