About This Listing
**MINIMUM STAY TWO NIGHTS. ONE NIGHT BOOKINGS ONLY UPON DEMAND OR FOR THE SAME DAY- DO NOT USE THE INSTANT BOOKING IF NOT FOR THE SAME DAY**
This elegantly decorated apartment is very quiet and has lots of light. It is located in a historic building which was formerly a convent and has been recently refurbished with high quality care – everything is brand new.
The apartment is in the fourth floor (ground + 4) of a walk-up building, like most buildings in the centre of Madrid... so there is NO elevator, but we can always help you carry your luggage upstairs!
The apartment is composed of:
* A living room with stylish decoration, big sofa, 42”TV, DVD player, A/C, folding table
* Living room balcony which lets in lots of light; it looks out over Toledo Street and one of the entrances to the Plaza Mayor -- really wonderful views! The balcony doors are insulated, so when closed no noise will disturb you during your stay.
* Marble floors throughout
* Kitchen is open plan to the living room and fully equipped with everything you need to cook and eat, including stove, microwave, oven and refrigerator.
* Bedroom with a super comfy double bed (140 x 200 cm) with bedside tables and lamps.
* A bathroom with everything done in marble and a nice shower.
* Service room with washing machine (laundry detergent included!), dryer and spacious closet.
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, we know that’s important ;)
*Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as an iron, hair dryer, etc. We also provide maps and information on Madrid as well as basic kitchen ingredients, such as oil, vinegar, spices, salt, sugar, tea & coffee.
If you think there is something missing, we'd be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival, one of us will be there to greet you and provide you with all sorts of information we’ve prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay for any questions, or even for a drink :)!
In this apartment, you are in the heart of “Madrid de los Austrias”, or Hapsburg Madrid – an area full of history. You are steps away from the Plaza Mayor and just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Puerta del Sol, the official center of Spain. There are lots of restaurants, bars, gardens, open squares, and shops all around the area.
The location of the apartment is perfect for visiting Madrid without even having to use our good public transport network. You can reach all the major sites within a 15 minute walk (or much less!): Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, the Prado and Reina Sofia museums, the Retiro Park, the Rastro and La Latina, etc.
These are the walking distances to some landmarks: - Plaza Mayor Square: 1 min - Sol Square: 4 min - Opera Square: 5 minutes. - Royal Palace: 6 minutes. - Shopping at Gran Vía Avenue and Callao Square: 7 minutes. - Relax at Sabatini Royal Gardens: 7 minutes.
But whenever you want to use the metro, the nearest stops are just 5 minutes away: Sol (line 1) and La Latina (line 2).
You definitely won’t have any problems getting where you want to go from here!
Other Things to Note
Normally we have a two-night minimum stay requirement but accept one-night bookings on a case by case basis; please contact us prior to placing your booking request if requesting a reservation for one night only.
We try to be as flexible as possible with your check-in so as to allow you to get into the apartment as soon as you arrive downtown. Let us know your schedule and we'll work it out! However, if you arrive between 10pm and midnight, there is a LATE CHECK IN FEE of 15 euros payable upon arrival. From midnight to 1:30am, the LATE CHECK IN FEE is 25 euros.
You can check availability by clicking on the calendar link above—it’s 100% accurate. Bookings are only accepted through the AirBNB website; feel free to contact us with any questions. You'll get the exact address, directions to the apartment, and tips for Madrid once you've made your reservation!
We look forward to having you at our place soon!
Vanessa & Oscar
P.S. If this flat is not available for your dates, please click on our profile photo and check our other listings on the lower left of our profile, or just send us a message (click “contact me”, under our photo) – we’re sure to have something for you!
• Check out is by 11:00 a.m. (unless you have arranged otherwise with us). Please leave the keys on the dining table and make sure the door closes and locks when you leave.
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Please note in the apartment guide instructions for taking out the garbage.
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and you leave the apartment reasonably clean and tidy.
• If something breaks during your stay, please let us know -- we understand that accidents happen! We’d like to know so that we can fix or replace it prior to the next guest’s arrival.
• Parties are not allowed, nor is any loud noise after 10pm in the apartment or at any time in the common areas of the building (entrance, stairwells). We kindly request you to keep the volume to a minimum when in these common areas. We care about our neighbours and respect for them is a must. If we receive well-founded complaints from any neighbour regarding the behaviour of guests, you'll be immediately requested to leave the apartment and Airbnb will be notified. We are very flexible and easy-going people, but disturbances to neighbours are a real issue.
• No smoking in the apartment.
• Only people who are officially on the reservation can sleep in the apartment.
• Please be sure that you’ve turned everything off (lights, AC, electronic equipment, etc) when you leave the apartment and when you check out. We greatly appreciate this as electricity rates in Spain are among the highest in Europe and have risen 104% since 2002.
The host met us at the apartment when we came to leave the bags. She addressed all of our questions and showed us how to work the things in the apartment. The personal touch was wonderful.
The location couldn't be any better for tourists. It's right next to the Plaza Mayor. The hike up the steps isn't all that wonderful, especially after a long stay, but it shouldn't be too bad if you're able-bodied.
The apartment itself is terrific, equipped with everything you could ever need.
The only drawback might be associated with its perfect location - when we were staying, there was a festival/concert at Plaza Mayor, so we could hear a decent amount of music and noise through the windows. When there's no event there, though, there shouldn't be any issues.
Overall, I'd heartily recommend this unit.
Oscar and Vsnessa's apartment was the last (5th) for our holiday and what a treat! We were met by Oscar who showed us everything - all you could hope for in beautiful condition. It was great. We would go back there in a heartbeat, and if we could give more than 5 stars we would.
Hi all Airbnb guests..
staying at Oscar§Vanessa§Elena was wonderful and extremely amazing experience.
The apartment was clean and spacious and it is in the center of Madrid and for that please read their listing carefully because they have indicated that somehow, I had very tiring night when I arrived looking for Parking despite the help of Vanessa, it took me more than one hour to find paid parking spot.
Vanessa thank you for waiting me that night to hand me the keys
Host was very welcoming and let us into apartment much earlier than required which was great. The location was fantastic, very central to everything. The apartment was as described by host with everything needed for a very enjoyable stay.
As described the apartment is on the 4th floor which meant it was very quiet for being so central but may not be suitable for everyone.
Marvellous experience, the apartment is small but perfectly formed. Oscar met us at the door to brief us on the flat and all the best places to eat and drink. It's in a very convenient location, everything is close by, and it's a pleasant haven to come home to after a busy day in Madrid. Brilliant place, excellent host, thank you!
This host has 901 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oscar&Vanessa&Elena
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar