Beautiful apartment behing Plaza Mayor and located in an authentic "corrala" from the XVI century properly equipped with everything needed to live here.
This elegantly decorated apartment is very quiet and has lots of light. It is located in a historic building which was formerly a convent and has been recently refurbished with high quality care – everything is brand new.
The apartment is in the fourth floor (ground + 4) of a walk-up building, like most buildings in the centre of Madrid... so there is NO elevator, but we can always help you carry your luggage upstairs!
The apartment is composed of:
* A living room with stylish decoration, big sofa, 42”TV, DVD player, A/C, folding table
* Living room balcony which lets in lots of light; it looks out over Toledo Street and one of the entrances to the Plaza Mayor -- really wonderful views! The balcony doors are insulated, so when closed no noise will disturb you during your stay.
* Marble floors throughout
* Kitchen is open plan to the living room and fully equipped with everything you need to cook and eat, including stove, microwave, oven and refrigerator.
* Bedroom with a super comfy double bed (140 x 200 cm) with bedside tables and lamps.
* A bathroom with everything done in marble and a nice shower.
* Service room with washing machine (laundry detergent included!), dryer and spacious closet.
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, we know that’s important ;)
*Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as an iron, hair dryer, etc. We also provide maps and information on Madrid as well as basic kitchen ingredients, such as oil, vinegar, spices, salt, sugar, tea & coffee.
If you think there is something missing, we'd be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with guests
Upon your arrival, one of us will be there to greet you and provide you with all sorts of information we’ve prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay for any questions, or even for a drink :)!
Other things to note
• Our check in time is from 4pm, this meaning that by then the apartment will be ready (although often it will be ready before). However, if you come to Madrid earlier, we will make our best so that you can drop your luggage from 11:30am during week days (no extra cost involved, it's just a courtesy) or at the time when the cleaning lady is there on weekends (we'll try to adjust her schedule to yours).
• In case you plan to arrive after 9pm, check in can be arranged by any of the following options:
1. A pick up from your arrival point (train station/airport/bus station) with the taxi driver we normally work with. He would pick you up and bring you to the apartment, leaving you settled and giving you a set of keys. The cost of this service is 10€ plus the regular taxi fare.
2.Reception in the apartment by us from 9pm to 11pm (subject to payment of 15 euro as late check in fee). Unfortunately after 11pm we are not able to meet you in person, so the taxi would be the only option.
Please let us know your travel arrangements and info about your travelling party so that we can decide what option would be doable in your case.
•Check out is by 11:00 a.m. (unless you have arranged otherwise with us). You can leave the keys on the table and close the door behind you.
•Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Please note the instructions for taking out the garbage set out in the house manual (as it needs to be done the night before, we understand there may still be a little garbage left from the morning you leave).
•Please do not leave dirty dishes and leave the apartment reasonably clean and tidy.
•If something breaks during your stay, please don't wait for us to discover -- we understand that accidents happen! That way we can fix or replace it prior to the next guest's arrival.
•Parties are not allowed, nor is any loud noise after 10pm in the apartment or at any time in the common areas of the building (entrance, stairwells, elevator if applicable). We kindly request you to keep the volume to a minimum when in these common areas. We care about our neighbours and respect for them is a must. If we receive well-founded complaints from any neighbour regarding the behaviour of guests, you'll be immediately requested to leave the apartment and Airbnb will be notified. We are very flexible and easy-going people, but disturbances to neighbours are a real issue.
•No smoking in the apartment.
•Only people who are officially on the reservation can sleep in the apartment.
•Please be sure that you've turned everything off (lights, AC, electronic equipment, etc) when you leave the apartment and when you check out.
•The Spanish legislation requires us to notify to the police the data of all people staying in the apartment; so we must ask you to show us your passport. We are not passionate about the idea, but rules are rules…
License or registration numberVT-275
Learn about this field
• LOS DÍAS 24 Y 31 DE DICIEMBRE NO SE HACEN CHECK INS DESPUÉS DE LAS 14HORAS. LOS DÍAS 25 DE DICIEMBRE, 1 Y 6 DE ENERO NO SE HACEN CHECK IN NI CHECK OUTS, POR LO QUE NO SE ADMITEN RESERVAS CON LLEGADA/SALIDA ESOS DÍAS.
• El horario de check in a las 4pm significa la hora a la que el apartamento estará listo para su uso (aunque muchas veces estará listo antes). No obstante, si llegáis a Madrid antes de esa hora, podremos recibiros para que dejéis las maletas y os demos las llaves a partir de las 11:00 (sin coste adicional, es simplemente una cortesía). Eso sí, entre las 2pm y las 4pm no siempre os podremos recibir, puesto que esa es la hora en la que volvemos a casa a cocinar y comer. En caso de que lleguéis justo en esa horquilla horaria, os podremos recomendar algún restaurante cerca para vuestra primera comida en Madrid.
• Aceptamos entradas tardías a partir de las 21:00 (late check in), para lo que ofrecemos dos opciones:
1.Un servicio de recogida por taxista que os deja en el apartamento y os entrega las llaves (coste del trayecto 30€ + recargo de 10€).
2.Recepción en el piso por nosotros con suplemento de 15 euros, si llegas entre las 21:00-23:00. De 23:00 a 1:30 de la madrugada, el suplemento es de 25 euros.
Consultad con nosotros antes si pensáis llegar después de las 21:00 al piso, para ver cuál de estas opciones es posible para vuestro caso.
• A menos que se haya acordado lo contrario con nosotros, el check out tiene que hacerse antes de las 11h. Podéis dejar las llaves en la entrada y cerrar la puerta.
• Por favor, no dejes basura en el piso. La basura se deposita en los cubos grises que encontraréis al lado del portal cada día a partir de las 20h, así que recuerda sacar la basura la noche antes!
• Por favor, no dejes platos sucios y deja el piso tal y como lo encontraste.
• Si algo se rompe durante vuestra estancia, no esperéis a que lo descubramos cuando ya os hayáis ido. Entendemos que los accidentes pueden pasar, pero no nos gustan ese tipo de sorpresas.
• En el edificio vive gente anciana, niños y trabajadores y para ellos pedimos máxima consideración por vuestra parte. No se permiten fiestas ni ruidos a partir de las 22h o, en cualquier momento del día en las zonas comunes del edificio (portal y escaleras). Cuando estéis en las escaleras os rogamos encarecidamente hablar en un tono normal. Cualquier queja por parte de los vecinos comportará que se os pida que abandonéis el piso inmediatamente y que se comunique el hecho a Airbnb.
•Nos gusta el aire puro, así que no se puede fumar en el piso.
•Solo las personas que han reservado pueden dormir en el piso.
• La normativa española nos obliga a comunicar a la policía los datos de todas las personas que se alojan en nuestros pisos; por ello a vuestra llegada tendremos que pediros que nos enseñéis vuestro documento de identidad. No nos apasiona la idea, pero las reglas son las reglas...
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 2829 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa is an actress and theatre producer (during 2017 I became mum, so I won't be doing check in's for a while). However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: Vanessa has travelled 4 out of the 5 continents with a backpack that has been with her for 18 years now and now has enrolled in her new adventure: becoming a mum in spring 2017. Conversely, Oscar travels by bike and closer to Madrid, so as often as he can he takes his bike for a short trip in the mountains (he's really fit!). He has also spent several summers working in France. As the business grew, we took more people on board. Firstly Paula, a Venezuelan that has been living in Madrid for 11 years now, also keen on travels and on exploring new places. Paula is full of energy and we love her smiley caracter. And last but not least, Javi, whom you'll see on weekends and public holidays (and more often now that the Vanessa's baby is here!).
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens. We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!