About This Listing
Beautiful apartment behing Plaza Mayor and located in an authentic "corrala" from the XVI century. Before booking, please check the info re check in schedules at the section House Rules.
This elegantly decorated apartment is very quiet and has lots of light. It is located in a historic building which was formerly a convent and has been recently refurbished with high quality care – everything is brand new.
The apartment is in the fourth floor (ground + 4) of a walk-up building, like most buildings in the centre of Madrid... so there is NO elevator, but we can always help you carry your luggage upstairs!
The apartment is composed of:
* A living room with stylish decoration, big sofa, 42”TV, DVD player, A/C, folding table
* Living room balcony which lets in lots of light; it looks out over Toledo Street and one of the entrances to the Plaza Mayor -- really wonderful views! The balcony doors are insulated, so when closed no noise will disturb you during your stay.
* Marble floors throughout
* Kitchen is open plan to the living room and fully equipped with everything you need to cook and eat, including stove, microwave, oven and refrigerator.
* Bedroom with a super comfy double bed (140 x 200 cm) with bedside tables and lamps.
* A bathroom with everything done in marble and a nice shower.
* Service room with washing machine (laundry detergent included!), dryer and spacious closet.
* Wi-Fi is also available during your stay, we know that’s important ;)
*Baby cot available under request, 10€/stay
Of course, fresh linen and towels are provided, as well as an iron, hair dryer, etc. We also provide maps and information on Madrid as well as basic kitchen ingredients, such as oil, vinegar, spices, salt, sugar, tea & coffee.
If you think there is something missing, we'd be happy to have your feedback in order to continue improving the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Upon your arrival, one of us will be there to greet you and provide you with all sorts of information we’ve prepared to make your stay smooth, pleasant and enjoyable. And we're available at any time during your stay for any questions, or even for a drink :)!
In this apartment, you are in the heart of “Madrid de los Austrias”, or Hapsburg Madrid – an area full of history. You are steps away from the Plaza Mayor and just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Puerta del Sol, the official center of Spain. There are lots of restaurants, bars, gardens, open squares, and shops all around the area.
The location of the apartment is perfect for visiting Madrid without even having to use our good public transport network. You can reach all the major sites within a 15 minute walk (or much less!): Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, the Prado and Reina Sofia museums, the Retiro Park, the Rastro and La Latina, etc.
These are the walking distances to some landmarks: - Plaza Mayor Square: 1 min - Sol Square: 4 min - Opera Square: 5 minutes. - Royal Palace: 6 minutes. - Shopping at Gran Vía Avenue and Callao Square: 7 minutes. - Relax at Sabatini Royal Gardens: 7 minutes.
But whenever you want to use the metro, the nearest stops are just 5 minutes away: Sol (line 1) and La Latina (line 2).
You definitely won’t have any problems getting where you want to go from here!
Other Things to Note
You can check availability by clicking on the calendar link above—it’s 100% accurate. Bookings are only accepted through the AirBNB website; feel free to contact us with any questions. You'll get the exact address, directions to the apartment, and tips for Madrid once you've made your reservation!
We look forward to having you at our place soon!
Vanessa & Oscar
P.S. If this flat is not available for your dates, please click on our profile photo and check our other listings on the lower left of our profile, or just send us a message (click “contact me”, under our photo) – we’re sure to have something for you!
• Check in time is set at 4pm and means the time at which the apartment will be ready for your use, at the latest. However, if you arrive earlier to town we can meet you from 11am at the apartment (free of charge, is just a courtesy to our guests) to drop luggage and get the keys, so that you can start exploring Madrid right away. Between 2pm and 4pm we might not be available to meet you, since we go back home to cook and eat, but should you arrive on this gap, we can recommend you some nice place to have your first meal in Madrid.
• We can also meet guests at night, but in that case we charge a late check in fee of 15 euro from 9 pm until midnight and 25 euro after midnight. If you plan to arrive after 1:30 am we won't be able to meet you (obviously if your flight is delayed we'll wait for you!!), but if you have a really late flight we can't wait up so long....
• Unless you have agreed otherwise with us, check out must be before 11am. Can you leave the keys in the entry and close the door.
• Please do not leave trash in the apartment. Garbage shall be disposed of in the gray bins that you will find next to building door every day from 8pm, so remember to take out the trash the night before! We'll really appreciate that!
• Please do not leave dirty dishes and try to leave the apartment as you found it.
• If something breaks during your stay , do not wait for us to discover that once you're gone. We understand that accidents can happen, but we do not like such surprises.
• Elderly people, children and working people all live in the building; please be considerate. No parties or noise allowed from 22h or at any time of the day in public areas of the building (hall and stairs) . When you are on the stairs we request you to speak in a low tone please, as if it would be your own building. Any complaints from neighbors will be immediately notified to you and to Airbnb and you'll be requested to leave the apartment.
• We like the fresh air, so you can not smoke in the apartment.
• Only people who have booked can sleep in the apartment. Visitors shall also be notified.
• According to the Spanish legislation, we are obliged to inform the police of the identity of all the people staying at the apartment; therefore, at your arrival we'll need to see your passport. Not that we are very enthusiastic of the idea, but rules are rules....
For 2, or 3 at the most, this apt is perfect. We had everything we needed and it could not be better located. Yes the walk up the stairs is long but if you are mentally prepared for this, then you're good. If you do plan to go in and out of the apt several times a day, then this might be a problem. No issues with anything. The rules are clear. No ambiguity. And Vanessa was super prompt and helpful on email with any queries we had (hardly any!)
Oscar/Vanessa's apartment was in a great location and close to everything. The apartment was beautiful and equipped with all necessities. The only inconvenience was that it was on the top floor and there was no elevator so getting our luggage up and down was a bit difficult but Oscar was kind enough to help carry our luggage up upon our arrival.
Oscar greeted us when we arrived and gave us a fantastic overview of how to use everything in the apartment. He also provided a map of restaurants and sites he recommended around Madrid that we happily ended up using multiple times. We loved the location of the apartment being so close to Plaza Mayor and also Puerta Del Sol.
Best AirBnB Experience I have Ever Had 10/10!! Very easy to find via Google Maps and the best central safe location of "Plaza Mayor" everything is walking distance 15mins. Oscar and Vanessa's place is perfect, super clean, and modern. When we arrived, Elena answered the buzzer right away and helped us upstairs with all our baggage. She was a terrific host and helped us in every way possible with directions and recommendations before she left. The best part about this place was all the directions and instructions were provided for us in advance and printed on one page and left in the apartment so it was simple - every place should be like this! There was maps and information in the apartment which made planning easy. Pros you will all love: Safe Central Location, Restaurants / Bars Downstairs, Grocery Store 5 mins away walking, Public Transit easy to get to, New Modern Furnishings, Extremely Clean, did we mention extremely clean.. oh yeah!! Everything you would ever need at home, in the apartment is so as advertised on AirBnB this was wonderful. Me and my wife really enjoyed our experience here and we would definitely come back again. Nothing negative to say here at all except no elevator to the top floor where the apartment is - we did not mind that at all. We recommend to everyone coming to Madrid to stay at Oscar & Vanessa & Elena's place in Plaza Mayor 100% always - Hope to see you soon and if you are ever in Toronto you can stay with us no charge at our house ;) Thank you for such amazing hospitality and thoughtfulness - it was a real pleasure staying with you. John & Rina from Toronto
Bonito piso, y en un lugar súper céntrico pero en un 4 piso sin ascensor. La atención fue fantástica por parte de todos los chicos.
Location is perfect and the apartment is comfortable and clean. There was a loud party going on the same floor but you could not hear anything once the door was closed. There are tons of fun local places within a 1 minute walk of the apartment. Would definitely stay again!
This host has 966 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oscar&Vanessa&Elena
We welcome you to Spain and we wish you a good stay in Madrid!
Oscar works as a photographer and Vanessa studies drama and theatre production and management. However, until some years ago Oscar was an engineer and Vanessa was a M&A lawyer. And then one day we decided to turn our lifes up side down and follow our real passions.
We are best friends and on May 2012 we decided to move forward and enroll in a small business together. Vanessa had been hosting with Airbnb for 2 years by then (renting the spare room at her place in Madrid/Milan and her apartment in Barcelona) and her experience (upgraded to Superhost in early 2011) was so positive that we decided we could also help other owners that don't live in town or don't have the time to rent their properties to travelers as you. And this is what we are doing now together.
More about us, we love to travel: in 2012 Vanessa traveled to Greece with her backpack and Oscar spent a few months working in France. Last summer Oscar repeated the French experience while Vanessa explored Malaysia during a month and a half.
We are also keen in meeting new people and learning new things from them, but more importantly, we want you to feel at home at any of our apartments and that you feel that there's someone in town who cares for you:-)
We enjoy little life pleasures like riding our bicycles or growing our small organic vegetables gardens (each of us has one). We like eco-friendly environments since we care a lot about our planet.
We will help you to find you like home in this beautiful city and we look forward to having the opportunity to meet you soon!!
Vanessa & Oscar