About This Listing
A beautiful, clean and budget accommodation for up to two people in one of NYC's most exciting neighborhoods, East Village.
The room has all the essentials that a visitor would be looking for and it has a lot of character.
I live in an East Village duplex and I am offering the downstairs bedroom for a single traveler or a couple during their visit to NYC.
Your room has a lovely outdoor patio to relax, where you can have your morning coffee or evening wine. Your room also has a private bathroom (I have my own bathroom upstairs) and a private access door of its own. The kitchen is on the top floor. You are more than welcome to keep your stuff in the fridge or use the china or glassware, fix yourself a cup of coffee or cereal but please NO cooking...
What comes with the room:
- A private bathroom with a bathtub (just like a hotel)
- A private entrance door from outside
- Clean sets of towels
- A very comfortable queen size bed
- A nightstand
- A sizable wardrobe
- A dresser
- Outdoor patio with deck chairs
- Storage space for your suitcases
- Iron and ironing board
What is included in the price:
- Free high speed wireless internet access
I am a medical school student and I bartend 5 nights a week so you would have the apartment to yourself most of the time. And even when I am in the apartment, your downstairs room is very private and has its own door to outside. And you have your private bathroom.
Just a note to people who highly regard their privacy: Unless you come upstairs to use the kitchen, we do not have to cross paths. So your space is very private and cozy.
As you can understand from the nature of this post, I am looking for tourists who are here to enjoy NYC and I would like to provide them a home at a central, fun location at a reasonable price. The location is East 6th Street in East Village right by Avenue A.
10 minutes from Soho, 5 minutes from Little Italy/Chinatown and 10 minutes from Union Square. F train is five blocks away.
Let me know if you are interested and contact me with questions. My acceptance rate is low not because I am ultra-selective but because I advertise on different channels and the airbnb calendar is not always up-to-date. So please do not hesitate to contact me with your travel dates.
Also, if you would like to arrange to have a smartphone during your trip I can put you in touch with a local company, Explora, which offers a smartphone rental service with unlimited talk, text, and internet for $8 a day.
All the best,
Guests have a private bedroom with a private bathroom. Additionally they have access to my patio space in the back of the building.
They are welcome to use kitchen tools, china and glassware but cooking is not allowed.
(Making coffee or fixing a bowl of cereal is fine.)
(1) In East Village
- Mogador: A great restaurant, especially for breakfast or brunch, avoid on weekends, St. Marks between Avenue A and 1st Avenue
- Abraco Espresso: Great coffee shop, 7th Street between 1st Avenue and 2nd Avenue (closed on Monday)
- Little Frankies: Great pizzeria, 1st Street and 1st Avenue
- KanoYama: Amazing sushi, 11th Street and 2nd Avenue
- Bowery Hotel Lounge: Perfect place for evening drinks, in the lobby of Bowery Hotel
- PDT (the bar in Crif Dogs): Great hidden bar, you walk in the Crif Dogs Hot Dog Place and there is phone booth on the left hand side, get in it and pick up the phone. Get ready for a long wait though.
- Spotted Pig: Fantastic gastro-pub, in West Village
- NoMad: Cool bar/restaurant, worth checking out
- Highline: A cool sightseeing option in West Village, check it online but I think it is worth visiting
- Roosevelt Island Tram: An air-tram that goes to Roosevelt Island, great aerial views of Manhattan, a definite must, leaves from 2nd Avenue and 60th Street
L' endroit a été très facile à trouver grâce aux explications claires de Sinan. La chambre est spacieuse mais pas si luxueuse que pourrait le laisser croire les photos.Cependant celle-ci se trouve dans un quartier sympathique,très vivant, doté de restaurants, cafés et diverses boutiques. Nous n'avons pas vu Sinan mais son amie à la fin du séjour qui nous a permis de laisser les valises la dernière journée avant de prendre la direction de l'aéroport. Bref nous recommandons cet endroit. Merci Sinan!
This was a perfect place to stay for my recent visit to NYC. The location is excellent, the patio is wonderful, and Sinan was very helpful and responsive.
Sinan was a great host. The apartment was neat and clean and he provided extra linen and toiletries (forgot my shampoo so that was nice). For such a busy city this was like a little retreat, nice and quiet for the most part, yet close to everything. I did find the train/bus a little walk and mostly took a taxi to destinations. There is a peaceful patio area out back that was pleasant. More steps than anticipated which was a stretch for me, a senior but overall, I was very pleased - thanks Sinan.
Sinan was a friendly and gracious host who shows he cares that his customers enjoy their stay. The neighborhood has several convenient good restaurants and and a deli all within walking distance. The Patio is a nice feature, making for a nice place to relax and perhaps enjoy a sandwich, read, etc. The room and adjoining bathroom were clean, and well kept. The bed comfortable. Lodging here is a good value for those who want to visit Manhattan and not spend a lot of money on an expensive hotel room.
About the Host, Sinan
I am a 29 year-old medical student (and bartender) and am trying to offer clean, cheap and central lodging to travelers who'd like to cut on lodging costs.
I love traveling and meeting people and being an unofficial NYC guide for them.