This 1960's retro themed luxury apartment building with mid-mod decor transport you back to an era of opulence and American optimism. If you are looking for a one of a kind nostalgic experience that is absolutely beyond compare, then look no further. You will not be disappointed!
Immaculately maintained and lovingly restored. The décor nods toward the apartment heyday of the 1960's.
This charming and spacious loft style one bedroom apartment is newly remodeled and offers stainless steel sink, refrigerator w/ice maker, dishwasher, hardwood floors, central air conditioning and heat, Smart televisions in the bedroom(39") and the living room(49").
Queen size bed in the bedroom and in the living room the sofa opens up to a nice size bed which and can comfortably accommodate two to three guests.
- Beautiful Old Palm Springs style swimming pool.
- Laundry facility washer/dryer (coin operated).
- Universal Studios and Warner Brothers are within 100 yards.
- Both the ELLEN DEGENERES and CONAN O'BRIEN Show tape literally across the street from the apartment.
- Four miles to the Hollywood & Highland shopping center, Grauman's Chinese Theater and many other famous Hollywood landmarks nearby.
- Short walk to the local neighborhood coffee shop Priscilla's or Starbucks.
- Shopping at Trader Joe's or Vons.
- Nearby restaurants include the Smokehouse Restaurant (George Clooney is a regular there) Olive & Thyme Cafe, Chipotle, El Chavo Mexican Restaurant and the world famous Bob's Big Boy (Be sure to catch their year around Friday night car show and car hop).
- Nearby Johnny Carson park.
- Easy access to area freeways with entrance to the US 101 & 134 Freeways.
- Approximately 20 minutes to downtown Los Angeles.
- Public Transportation (Bus & Metro) nearby.
- Taxi quickly accessible.
Other Things to Note
Whether you are looking for a short or long-term housing solution. This fully furnished apartment located conveniently in the hills between Burbank and Hollywood will have you feeling right at home while enjoying beautiful mountain and valley views. Ideal apartment for the individual that works in the entertainment industry and needs a place while working on a project, and perfect for the individual looking to visit Los Angeles and desires a very central location.
W - e do allow pets and you will find the neighborhood to be a pleasant and peaceful area to walk your lovable creatures.
- Please no smoking inside the apartment or inside the gated pool area.
- Please respect our tenants as some have been residents for years.
- The BBQ grill at the pool is their for your use but we ask that you please diligently clean up after you have used is.
- Please no glassware or bottle inside or outside the pool area.
Scott is a fantastic host. We were arriving very late and last minute, he had everything ready to go. And he is always so calm, reassuring and welcoming. The Melody is a wonderful place to stay. Very c;in, exactly like the pictures and a fantastic location.
Pros and Cons -
Close proximity to attractions
Easy parking with pass provided
Daily living tools provided (linens, dishes etc.)
All facilities/utilities are updated and in good working order
Traffic noise travels unabated into the bedroom from the 4 lane highway right outside it. Lots of motorcycles. White noise maker provided, which helped.
Couple downstairs has a newborn who cries. They fight, they slam doors. Woke us more than once.
Texted our greeter midweek regarding our need for an iron. Never got a response. Never found an iron.
Everything was as expected - wonderful! The apartment was centrally located for my needs and fit me and my dog perfectly. Thanks, Scott!!
Loved our stay here and Scott was great! Would definitely recommend this place
Great apartment and great location! This was our first Airbnb experience and we loved it. Scott was very nice and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again!
We visited LA just after Thanksgiving. My husband and I are very interested in the entertainment industry, and this was an excellent place to stay. We were greeted warmly by Flora, and Scott was more than welcoming by calling to check in and make sure everything was going smoothly. The apartment was literally across the street from Warner Brothers! There are lots of cute restaurants nearby, and we had no trouble travelling to Universal, Disney, or Warner Bros. There was lots to do; yet the space felt like a quiet retreat. Scott ensured that we received whatever we needed. The apartment was tastefully decorated, and was just enough space for the two of us. Scott was one of the friendliest hosts I have met, and his set design experience certainly lent a moviesque flair to the apartment. We are looking forward to going back to LA, and when we do we will certainly consider this place again. Friendly service, great 60s feel, and an unbeatable location. If you have a chance, book the Melody!
Apartment was excellent, exactly as described and perfect for our needs. Scott was excellent to deal with (including accommodating a very late arrival with no issues). Would highly recommend.
This host has 112 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Welcome to the Melody Apt!!
I have worked in the film industry as a lead person in the Set Decorating dept for over 30 years. I've worked on numerous films from Inception to the Ocean's series. My office is around the corner from the Apartment and I'm readily available (work permitting) should you find that you need something during your stay. Thank you for checking out The Melody and I look forward to your stay.